Palace Chase info

Guest ecutch

Palace chase approved, whoop, whoop!!!!

Congrats. How long from submission to approval? My app (FY14 PC) has been sitting at "Palace Chase OPR" for almost a month now. When I called TFSC, the only nugget of info they had was that my case had been looked at that day and there was something about RDTM. She didn't know what that was, so I searched BODN and found that it's basically my core AFSC/MDS--which has been 12S/AC-130H for 2+ years so shouldn't be an issue. I just want an answer even if it is no.

About 6-7 weeks and now waiting for the second endorsement. It's ridiculous how long it sits up there when the functional told my boss his only criteria for recommendation of approval is whether or not I am within a yr of my ADSC. Bottom line, if you have a job offer I am pretty sure it will get approved. Once it moves from afpc to the SAF/PC office you should find out in 4-5 days

Fresh, you can get vgli, vets life insurance. I calculated it on the website yesterday, $57/month for $400k

Got approved for PC a while back...curious if anyone knows if you can't get SGLI through the guard?

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

I get SGLI as a drill status guardsmen, also get the spousal SGLI. Same rates as the AD folks pay, you just have to reaccomplish the paperwork once you sign in to your unit. I think I technically had a 1-month gap in coverage, no big deal.

I get SGLI as a drill status guardsmen, also get the spousal SGLI. Same rates as the AD folks pay, you just have to reaccomplish the paperwork once you sign in to your unit. I think I technically had a 1-month gap in coverage, no big deal.

Sorry for being ignorant but my understanding from that is as a traditional guardsman you can get the exact same SGLI coverages as on AD?

Approved. 2007 12S, <1 yr ADSC left, FY14 PC with position number. Welcoming the return of that feeling of excitement and possibility that has accompanied all but one PCS/extended TDY of my career.

The FY14/15 PC Talks about waiving ADSCs and lists a few that are not waiverable.

My understanding of palace chase is that you're not waiving anything, just transferring the commitment to ANG/AFRC.

Anyone have any insight as to whether a guy with a "non waiverable" ADSC should go ahead and apply or am I lawyering this up too much?

kitten mittens, normal 3:1

Warrior, if your ADSC is non-waiverable why dont you just apply under the normal Palace Chase? If you want out, why are you holding out? Start the process now.

Question for those approved and have made the transition as a TR regarding health care. How long does your Prime run once you separate? is it 6 months after your DOS or that day and do you just call and make the switch to Reserve select? do you have to wait until after your DOS or can I call right now so everything switches on my DOS? Same question for dental. thanks

I'm an 11R, with 5 years left on my ADSC. I was denied for VSP in FY14, we'll see about FY15. Just wondering what my prospects are for PC if I don't get VSP. Assuming I will need to wait until 2/3 of my ADSC are done, right? My base is the only one with my airframe (JSTARS). How often are guard/reserve units willing to retrain to a new airframe? Thanks.

kitten mittens, normal 3:1

Warrior, if your ADSC is non-waiverable why dont you just apply under the normal Palace Chase? If you want out, why are you holding out? Start the process now.

Question for those approved and have made the transition as a TR regarding health care. How long does your Prime run once you separate? is it 6 months after your DOS or that day and do you just call and make the switch to Reserve select? do you have to wait until after your DOS or can I call right now so everything switches on my DOS? Same question for dental. thanks

If you go direct without a break, you should get the TAMP for 180 days free coverage (but your MPF has to kick that process off, supposed to be smoother in the Reserves than the ANG). When you're within 60 days of that expiring you can go online and enroll for TRS to kick in the day after that expires, for no break in coverage.

Otherwise, your Prime expires at midnight on your DOS.

While they f***ed up my TR start date (but backed it up to be effective the day after I separated), had to take my son for an urgent care visit which was rejected the first time as we were showing as "lapsed". Was the typical Tricare PITA to fix, but overall they made good on it.

PC approved on 3rd attempt and denied FY14 VSP.

11M - 2000 yr grp

Less than 1 yr UPT ADSC

DOS already established after 3-day opting a 365

Hiring letter in hand or ARC

SQ and WG/CC recommend

Trying to move my DOS 15 days right to have time to outprocess and take all my terminal. Anyone have a template of MFR to get this done?

Hi folks,

I have been looking through 36-3205 and want to make sure I am not missing anything (ADSC 11SX)

From what I understand:

- You do not lose the benefit of transferred GI Bill to dependent (transferred ~1 year ago)
- Recent PCS is a non-factor (PCS'd this past Nov)
- I must have completed two thirds of my 10 year initial pilot commitment to apply
- Additional concurrent commitments are a non-factor (TA, Instructor Pilot Upgrade)

Please let me know what I am missing.

Also, is anyone aware of success stories (or otherwise) for 11S>>

FYI '07 grad and winged in Sep '08.

I appreciate any information.

Thanks!
-WW

Hi folks,

I have been looking through 36-3205 and want to make sure I am not missing anything (ADSC 11SX)

From what I understand:

- You do not lose the benefit of transferred GI Bill to dependent (transferred ~1 year ago)

- Recent PCS is a non-factor (PCS'd this past Nov)

- I must have completed two thirds of my 10 year initial pilot commitment to apply

- Additional concurrent commitments are a non-factor (TA, Instructor Pilot Upgrade)

Please let me know what I am missing.

Also, is anyone aware of success stories (or otherwise) for 11S>>

FYI '07 grad and winged in Sep '08.

I appreciate any information.

Thanks!

-WW

1. Do not lose benefit

2. Incorrect. Got feedback on one of my PC disapprovals from SECAF office "friend of a friend". Any additional ADSC counts against you as a negative factor towards approval. So even though they run concurrently, having 4 ADSCs is worse than having 1 requiring waiver. When you think of each ADSC as money invested in you, it makes sense.

3. Your initial commit that requires 2/3 per the reg is commissioning source ADSC, not UPT. Policy on UPT waivers has been up to 6 years in FY14/15 Force Shaping windows.

4. See #2.

Good luck

Has anyone seen an 11F get approved PC recently? I haven't, just want to make sure that it is not a realistic option before I rule it out.

Somewhat agree with post about pressing to test, but be careful

Is your leadership going to support you? Realistically, you will stop getting pushed for upgrades/schools/promotion or strat'd higher than those who aren't showing their cards even with a CC who doesn't write you off.

Not trying to discourage you, just make sure you're prepared.

Somewhat agree with post about pressing to test, but be careful

Is your leadership going to support you? Realistically, you will stop getting pushed for upgrades/schools/promotion or strat'd higher than those who aren't showing their cards even with a CC who doesn't write you off.

Not trying to discourage you, just make sure you're prepared.

This is pretty much why I asked. I don't want to throw my cards down if there is no chance at winning the hand. My SQ/CC is a good dude who would likely not change any plans for me, but above him I have no idea. My concern is not really knowing the leadership above my squadron well enough. I don't want to let everyone know I'm planning on getting out only to get a 365 as a result.

OH MY GERRRD!!!! why do people suck at their jobs? i have been calling since 9am, not one call back, two different messages, at least 6 different offices, finally got an answer at 3pm! they really make transitioning painless....NOT!!!!!!! when you in-process your new unit they will input the eligibility and ensure you get your 6 months of medical. now i gotta figure out the dental portion for me and the fam.

I just asked the TAMP question as well, and my AD MPF told me they couldn't even answer the question until they "ran" my ID at my final-out; they said they could run it right then, but that would make my ID stop functioning. I've also read here that I definitely get TAMP although the MPF will tell me I don't. Any authoritative source for that? On a somewhat related note, do I get 5 years of free VA health care since I've been deployed, or am I reading that provision wrong? Thanks for the help.

http://www.tricare.mil/tamp

If you go from AD directly into an ANG/Reserve spot, you'll get TAMP. Nothing showed up on MilConnect or anywhere in my records until I signed in to my ANG unit and they activated it.

From what I've heard about the 5 years free medical, that's for any condition that is marked as "deployment related". And it's at a VA hospital.

I got jack s**t on info from the AD side on TAMP. Walked into my ANG MPF and they processed it (once I was officially gained). But it takes them about 1-2 weeks to gain you, although mine took about a month due to buffoonery at the state level. They back-dated the paperwork to indicate no break in service and everything was fine. If you decide to purchase Tricare reserve select you have to wait until 30 days before your TAMP is up.

Although I do recommend avoiding any medical appointments for you/dependents within the first 30 days as the Tricare claims re-processing process is a pain in the ass.