Palace Chase info

Guest ecutch

Vpr/Hick - I got in CMS today and saw it at the PC office for the first time. The status you and I see does not change, but someone with full CMS access can see it as it works through the wickets. I got a number to the PC office, but the voicemail (surprise) says they won't even do status checks until it's been with AFPC for a month. I understand backlogs, and I understand people are working hard, but I just can't get past how COMPLETELY F*CKING UNACCEPTABLE it would be if I were handling my job this poorly with no solution to fix it. And, FWIW, I set the bar pretty low.

Edited by BamaC-21
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for the info on how the process should go. Did you see those statuses change in CMS or did those movements happen internally? I'll try calling again tomorrow and see if get any answers. I appreciate the help

Vprdrvr,

The CMS that we see is way different than what the admin bubbas see. You will only see 3 statuses via our CMS, but if you look at the actual CMS program via an admin/personnelist account, you can see all the comments each individual leaves plus all offices that your app transits.

Just talked with a Mypers rep. She said that they are running about 1.5 months behind on PC apps due to the FY 14 PC program. She said new apps arriving now should expect 10-20 weeks for approval (as mentioned in this thread). She also said that my status would not change from "referred to AFPC PC (DPSOR) until it is approved or denied. Frankly, I trust the gouge I get off of BODN more than what AFPC tells me so time will tell.

I also asked the question regarding DOS, "if I apply as far out as I can, 180 days, and it takes you 20 weeks to approve the app once it arrives at AFPC, I could get approval inside of 30 days to separate. Doesn't that seem wrong to give someone no time to outprocess or prepare for a monumental life change?" The response was " that's how it is." What a fukking train wreck AFPC is. Sad as he'll that this is part of the US military. Can you imagine how laughable it is when someone from AFPC gets confronted by a stranger and thanked for their military service? Give me a break.

Shack, dude. 20 weeks gives you best case about a month to get ready for your separation, and there is no way your base will be able to handle that and get you orders/DD214/out-processed in that time. That myPers rep is telling you what you can see via the CMS link on vMPF. You need to get into CMS via someone with full access. That will tell you way more about the status of your case.

Vpr/Hick - I got in CMS today and saw it at the PC office for the first time. The status you and I see does not change, but someone with full CMS access can see it as it works through the wickets. I got a number to the PC office, but the voicemail (surprise) says they won't even do status checks until it's been with AFPC for a month. I understand backlogs, and I understand people are working hard, but I just can't get past how COMPLETELY F*CKING UNACCEPTABLE if I were handling my job this poorly with no solution to fix it. And, FWIW, I set the bar pretty low.

Bama,

Bummer that your app is only on its first pass through DPSOR. I gave my app about a week of sitting with that status, and then I blew up that PC number. I had the best luck around 2 pm ET with getting an actual human. I just don't get why the rest of the Force Shaping programs would cause such a significant slow down in PC app processing. Although, it is summer VML time, and I know that task saturates AFPC pretty bad traditionally. Good luck getting your app moving.

Edited by HickPilot

And, FWIW, I set the bar pretty low.

This is true. I know him.

"Sets extremely low goals/standards and then fails to meet them."

Actually, Bama is one of those guys who would be a great Commander if the Air Force hadn't put him in this decision to seek employment elsewhere in order to take care of his family. Good luck brother, praying that your PC gets approved ASAP.

Gents,

Been a long time reader but never posted. I just put in PC paperwork about 2 weeks ago and was curious if anyone had an idea of how heavily weighted the functional's recommendation is considered? I know the ultimate authority rests with the PC office but I am under the impression the functionals recommendation is the big one. SQ/CC approved and checked "in excess of base requirements," WG/CC will likely approve since he made statements that he would not block anyone's requests for separation when all this force management stuff started.

'07

11S

5 years left on UPT ADSC

Recommendation letter form Guard 0-6 included in application

Vprdrvr,

The CMS that we see is way different than what the admin bubbas see. You will only see 3 statuses via our CMS, but if you look at the actual CMS program via an admin/personnelist account, you can see all the comments each individual leaves plus all offices that your app transits.

Shack, dude. 20 weeks gives you best case about a month to get ready for your separation, and there is no way your base will be able to handle that and get you orders/DD214/out-processed in that time. That myPers rep is telling you what you can see via the CMS link on vMPF. You need to get into CMS via someone with full access.

Hick, thanks for the info man. It's amazing that the only useful info regarding anything personnel related comes from BODN. I will try to contact my mpf and see if they can find the actual status. I sure hope it's moving along although deep down I know it is sitting on a desk collecting dust. Phuckers! My ISR said she couldn't see anything more than I can. Not sure if truth or lazy?

Gents,

Been a long time reader but never posted. I just put in PC paperwork about 2 weeks ago and was curious if anyone had an idea of how heavily weighted the functional's recommendation is considered? I know the ultimate authority rests with the PC office but I am under the impression the functionals recommendation is the big one. SQ/CC approved and checked "in excess of base requirements," WG/CC will likely approve since he made statements that he would not block anyone's requests for separation when all this force management stuff started.

'07

11S

5 years left on UPT ADSC

Recommendation letter form Guard 0-6 included in application

I would say that it all depends. You've probably read through this entire thread and seen the same trends that I'll talk about. Functional votes seem to not play a big part. I would say that typically it was the AFSC and amount of ADSC that really mattered. Last year, I was hesitant to apply because I felt that with over a year of ADSC remaining at DOS my chances were 50/50 at best. I figured that inside a year they were likely 75% or better (just guessing with my numbers). With the current situation regarding force management, anybody can guess what is good or bad regarding likelihood of approval. To be honest, right now seems to be the best I've ever seen in regards to PC and I would apply even with the 5 yrs remaining, as long as you have a decent resume to feed the family when you punch. You being an 11S have probably amasses a decent amount of flight time over the past 5 years. Where you headed to with the PC?

Hick, thanks for the info man. It's amazing that the only useful info regarding anything personnel related comes from BODN. I will try to contact my mpf and see if they can find the actual status. I sure hope it's moving along although deep down I know it is sitting on a desk collecting dust. Phuckers! My ISR said she couldn't see anything more than I can. Not sure if truth or lazy?

I would say that it all depends. You've probably read through this entire thread and seen the same trends that I'll talk about. Functional votes seem to not play a big part. I would say that typically it was the AFSC and amount of ADSC that really mattered. Last year, I was hesitant to apply because I felt that with over a year of ADSC remaining at DOS my chances were 50/50 at best. I figured that inside a year they were likely 75% or better (just guessing with my numbers). With the current situation regarding force management, anybody can guess what is good or bad regarding likelihood of approval. To be honest, right now seems to be the best I've ever seen in regards to PC and I would apply even with the 5 yrs remaining, as long as you have a decent resume to feed the family when you punch. You being an 11S have probably amasses a decent amount of flight time over the past 5 years. Where you headed to with the PC?

Thats my feeling with regards to applying right now. Its been something I have considered for a while and have been waiting until a time period with a sliver of hope presented itself. I was deployed when sequestration hit and knew then that these cuts were coming. Started looking for units and stopped using TA etc to give myself the best chance. Now that they are waiving up to 6 years of UPT as well as pretty much everything else I figured this was the best chance I would get. Looking to head back to CT if this all gets approved.

see this on the VSP thread?

"For those trying to PC, my buddy at MacDill flying BBJs just had his approved on the 8th. Said the SMSgt at the AFPC PC office told him that they are set up to process 150 PC apps per year, and they've had 700 since Jan and avg 60 more every week. Also said the SECAF sits down every day and cranks thru 8-10 apps per day for waivers/approvals at her level. Take that for what it's worth. "

Are people applying without even having a unit to go to? they really need to pull our personelists from AFG and start working on our own shit back home

Thats my feeling with regards to applying right now. Its been something I have considered for a while and have been waiting until a time period with a sliver of hope presented itself. I was deployed when sequestration hit and knew then that these cuts were coming. Started looking for units and stopped using TA etc to give myself the best chance. Now that they are waiving up to 6 years of UPT as well as pretty much everything else I figured this was the best chance I would get. Looking to head back to CT if this all gets approved.

I thought the 6-year waiver was for VSP, but Palace Chase still required completion of at least 2/3 of your ADSC. Isn't the FY14 Force Management change to Palace Chase just the 1-1 instead of 2-1 service commitment?

If I missed that little detail, I've got some paperwork to fill out.

I believe it applies to PC as well. PC is referenced in both the ADSC waiver table (notes section) and the 3 Apr AFPC news release. I shot an email to my ISR to get a definite but my impression was that it applies to PC as well. Anyone else have other interpretations?

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

PC approved!! I applied under traditional PC March 12th and switched to FY 14 PC on April 2nd after the UPT ADSC waiver authority was delegated. After talking to the guy in the PC office, it sounds like a pretty painless approval process if you have a position number. Good luck!

11M - C-21/KC-135

ADSC through 10 Aug 2016

• Upvote 3

PC approved!! I applied under traditional PC March 12th and switched to FY 14 PC on April 2nd after the UPT ADSC waiver authority was delegated. After talking to the guy in the PC office, it sounds like a pretty painless approval process if you have a position number. Good luck!

11M - C-21/KC-135

ADSC through 10 Aug 2016

CONGRATS! That's excellent news. I wonder if applying for the FY14 PC put your app in a different pile? Mine was traditional and has been sitting with AFPC PC dept for over five weeks with no change in status. I'm hoping my approval is on its way!

you got an approval in 2 weeks???? HOT DAMN!! that is the fastest PC approval I have ever heard, granted they already had all the paperwork when you did it and it was already reviewed probably.

It was about 6 weeks total processing time after submission, but only a couple weeks at AFPC. It also took two weeks to get my position number and application material together. If you applied for traditional PC, I'd recommend changing it to FY 14 PC if you have a position number from your guard unit. You can change the application without withdrawing it in CMS by calling/emailing the PC office (or have your cc call). You'll have to attach a SOU, and your ISR can follow up after it's been submitted. The PC office is busy, but if you've got the position number and you meet the ADSC waiver criteria (23 mos UPT for me) they can take care of it pretty quickly. For the VSP program to be such a clusterf*ck, this was relatively painless. Then again, I pester the sh*t out of people until they do what I want.

It was about 6 weeks total processing time after submission, but only a couple weeks at AFPC. It also took two weeks to get my position number and application material together. If you applied for traditional PC, I'd recommend changing it to FY 14 PC if you have a position number from your guard unit. You can change the application without withdrawing it in CMS by calling/emailing the PC office (or have your cc call). You'll have to attach a SOU, and your ISR can follow up after it's been submitted. The PC office is busy, but if you've got the position number and you meet the ADSC waiver criteria (23 mos UPT for me) they can take care of it pretty quickly. For the VSP program to be such a clusterf*ck, this was relatively painless. Then again, I pester the sh*t out of people until they do what I want.

I tried calling the PC office via the TFSC to ask about switching to a fy14 PC. The TFSC doesn't know crap and gives me the 10-20 week BS. They tell me to contact my ISR who sadly also doesn't know a damn thing (she's on the end of this whip as well). The TFSC refused to give me the number to the PC office so all I got was a transfer followed by the answering machine. I've been down this road before. I won't hold my breath on a reply from them. Bama, do you have the direct number to AFPC PC? PM me if you do. It would be much appreciated. I would love to be able to at least keep calling the right office instead of waiting on hold with TFSC for 25 minutes to get a transfer.

11M - C-21/KC-135

ADSC through 10 Aug 2016

woah, so well under the 2 months....how did you get it through so fast? Congrats. I'm still holding out for 2 weeks for VSP before i put my PC app in. Have a position number already at a gaining unit....did they guy you talked to talk about length of ADSC approvals? I'm an 08 11M/R. have seen guys with up to 5 years approved so far. I'm going to be asking for 5 yrs and 5 months.

Edited by tunes

I'm out of the office until Wed, but the number shows up in CMS....that's how I got it. I got the voicemail several times before someone actually answered the phone. Also, there's only a few people in that office that work officer PC, and your ISR should know their names. They should definitely have the number to the office. If she doesn't, that's equivalent to an AMC guy not knowing the number to TACC.

No word on the length of ADSC waiver. He mentioned the SECAF delegation to waive 6 years or whatever the publicly released # was.