Palace Chase info

Guest ecutch

Palace Chase approved! K11F3H, requested a total of 8.5 months off my ADSC. 5.5 months off UPT ADSC and 3 off GI Bill transfer.

Nice! This is my favorite thread especially when I see posts like yours. There is hope. I'm starting to fish out opportunities so that hopefully I can submit PC papers soon. Crazy with your stats and AFSC, I thought Chang said that all of the fighter pilots were going to be thrilled to take the new bonus and would be sticking around. Shocking...

To feed the thread, had a K11S buddy just get a PC approved that took about 10 months off his ADSC (from AFT ADSC).

Has anybody run into their Wing/cc or similar not signing their 1288? I just talked to AFPC Palace Chase and they told me my 1288 still hadn't been signed in CMS. Its been 29 days since it went to their office and still nothing. Will this push back my Requested DOS or will this force me to reapply? The Requested DOS was 8Nov. Thanks

Has anybody run into their Wing/cc or similar not signing their 1288? I just talked to AFPC Palace Chase and they told me my 1288 still hadn't been signed in CMS. Its been 29 days since it went to their office and still nothing. Will this push back my Requested DOS or will this force me to reapply? The Requested DOS was 8Nov. Thanks

May be a dumb question but I've seen this before for other CMS actions...Did you follow up with their exec so they know to act on it? They probably got 1 auto-email 4 weeks ago and the app is still just sitting there.

I had similar problems with my squadron commander not signing it while I was deployed. I just called and emailed him daily for a month until he did. My separation date stayed the same but was a bit of a time crunch.

A friend has almost identical dates to you, and he is still hoping for a November separation date.

Goes to show how shitty the morale is in AD, when people consider shaving a piddly 10 months off an ADSC or taking an ART job in DelAltuclovgordumbus as #winning. Meanwhile the dopes in DC still say they got this under control.

I'm not an airline wave fanboy, but I can't wait for the airlines to up the hiring by a mere RCH and just watch the wheels on the Blue bus come off the axle. It's gonna be like those movies where the armored car explodes and money rains from the sky and people run around re-enacting the fall of Saigon. Money and carte blánche assignments for all my friends. #winning

• Upvote 1

I had similar problems with my squadron commander not signing it while I was deployed. I just called and emailed him daily for a month until he did. My separation date stayed the same but was a bit of a time crunch. A friend has almost identical dates to you, and he is still hoping for a November separation date.

Thanks for the info. It feels like I'm pulling teeth sometimes. Hopefully it all works out.

From 36-3205

1.5. Active Duty Air Force Losing Commander. the Squadron commander for enlisted members, the

Wing or comparable commander for officers:

1.5.1. Completes the first endorsement of the enlisted and officers’ AF Form 1288 within two weeks.

1.5.2. Completes section III of AF Form 780 for officers within two weeks.

1.5.3. Describes the applicant's service, if recommending approval.

1.5.4. Provides a full explanation, if recommending denial.

1.5.5. Ensures the applicant does not go on TDY during the application process without coordination

with MPF relocations element (see paragraph 1.4.13.).

I read this as the WG/CC has two weeks to either recommend approval or denial of your PC package. (of course, I could be wrong). Also, should we take bets on whether or not TDY coordination is being done since my application is still on the WG/CC's desk and I'm going TDY in 6 weeks through my requested separation date? It most likely won't matter as I'm expecting it to get denied (still 3 years ADSC for GI Bill, but only 2 for UPT!), but it will be an utter sh!tshow if it magically gets approved.

Side note, is anyone else's OG/CC trying to insert themselves into the mix? Ours was apparently disgruntled becauase 5 or 6 applications went up to the WG/CC and he hadn't seen them. Not sure if he knows that he isn't actually part of the process or not...

edit for terrible cut and paste skills

Edited by NotADude

I had to send a Staff Summary Sheet up to the WG/CC today explaining why I want to Palace Chase. Also attached was the Personal letter I was sending to the AFPC DPSOS and the CMS trail off VMPF. Is this normal? Today was day 35 of it sitting on his desk and still no movement. Can I do anything additional?

Edited by MountainHerc

Have your SQ exec call the Gp exec and ask him/her to call the Wing Exec and ask about the timeline.

This is dripping with sarcasm .. evidently you missed that.

My sq/cc and the sq execs have been talking to both the group and wing execs. It just seems like all thrust no vector. Anyone else getting this?

YOU go talk with your Gp/CC ... go talk to your Wg/CC.

You don't have to be afraid of them ... they are, actually, real people.

You don't have to be afraid of them ... they are, actually, real people.

Lies! All lies! People, yes, but very egotistical people. Some of them think they are God and hold your puny, pathetic future in their massive thunderbolt wielding hands. But YMMV!

Kidding of course. Cheers and good luck.

Is anyone else in this situation or has been in the situation of their Wg/CC taking a long time to get this pushed through (greater than the 14 days..)? Right now its been >40 days since its gone to his desk. Words?

Same answer as last week. Contact the IG if your chain has not responded to your request for processing and is in violation of the AFI.

Have your SQ exec call the Gp exec and ask him/her to call the Wing Exec and ask about the timeline.

This is no joke. I called the Lt Director of Staff to ask about my PC app, and she not so politely asked if I'd contacted my Group yet. Umm, no, my SQ/CC already coordinated with him (to my dismay) and it's on your boss' desk, not theirs. Un-effing believable!

When my app got stuck along the way, I asked our civilian orderly room guy to ping the app in CMS.

Apparently he could request a status in CMS...this request would ping the office where the app was sitting at the time and initiate a 3 day suspense that forced the current holder of the app to update the status in CMS or keep getting daily status request emails.

It worked everything for me!

Cheers,

Cap-10