Palace Chase info

Guest ecutch

Guy in my Sq asking for 7 months off. Still waiting after applying in January, although he was told the board has decided but the system has been down for a couple days so no one can tell him.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Duck said:

Guy in my Sq asking for 7 months off. Still waiting after applying in January, although he was told the board has decided but the system has been down for a couple days so no one can tell him.

Got offered an AGR job yesterday and told the OG that I didn't know what my status is at month 4...

On 3/22/2017 at 7:59 AM, Guardian said:

It still goes higher to the office of csaf board. Regardless of an afpc approval or disapproval. Afpc's current policy is to generally approve 6 months or less. And say no to anything more. The app has to go to all 4 stops regardless of approval or disapproval. The only way it wouldn't would be if you pulled it early.

So the reply I received from the MyPers folks was: "The approval level for an ADSC waiver of less than 6-months would be AFPC Separations. Any ADSC waiver over 6-months would be sent to the Secretary of the Air Force Personnel Council for final review." I am trying to get sponsored by a reserve unit who's board would be before the June 2018 AFRC board. My current ADSC is till March 2019 for TA so my six month window would be Sept 2018. Is it worth trying to get the extra couple months and try and PC in June 2018 or earlier? Or are the extra couple months not worth the risk of being denied? Denial would require 120 days before reapplying. 

14 hours ago, nrodgsxr said:

anyone get an approval lately? Looking to see how long I should expect my app to sit with SAF.

My application has been up at SAF since March 9th...still waiting. It seems like 5-7 weeks has been the average lately. 

8 hours ago, jaygebee said:

So the reply I received from the MyPers folks was: "The approval level for an ADSC waiver of less than 6-months would be AFPC Separations. Any ADSC waiver over 6-months would be sent to the Secretary of the Air Force Personnel Council for final review." I am trying to get sponsored by a reserve unit who's board would be before the June 2018 AFRC board. My current ADSC is till March 2019 for TA so my six month window would be Sept 2018. Is it worth trying to get the extra couple months and try and PC in June 2018 or earlier? Or are the extra couple months not worth the risk of being denied? Denial would require 120 days before reapplying. 

I know multiple people (myself included) who asked for <= 6 months and everything went to SAF.  Shocking, but I think the Mypers people are wrong.

Update on my situation - SAF reneged on my approval and now my package is being rerouted through the "new process."  I'm still not clear on what that is, but I know it involves a new board ("Total Force board") that I think makes a recommendation to the SAF/PC board, who then makes their own determination for final SAF approval.  My package has been at SAF since beginning of Jan, approved mid-Mar, then taken back 2 weeks ago.  I can't say I'm surprised by any of this...so here's to hoping the second round is successful like the first.  Just another example of how the AD doesn't give two shits about people...actions like this surely will help retention, good work Air Force.

It's above AFPC. Really AFPC has been zero issue in my experience, it's been all SAF assclownery.

I wonder if that's what's going on with mine...been with SAF since early Jan, approved by the board in late Feb, but still no myPers email. Called a contact at SAF/PC and they confirmed that the decision document is on "hold" indefinitely. No ETIC, no reason. Kinda sucks because I started making life decisions when I heard the board approved (enrolling kids in school, avail date for airlines...etc). Now it sounds like it's back in limbo. I never thought I would have to resort to contacting my congressman, but I feel like I'm getting close! Frustrating is definitely an understatement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Stinker1 said:

I wonder if that's what's going on with mine...been with SAF since early Jan, approved by the board in late Feb, but still no myPers email. Called a contact at SAF/PC and they confirmed that the decision document is on "hold" indefinitely. No ETIC, no reason. Kinda sucks because I started making life decisions when I heard the board approved (enrolling kids in school, avail date for airlines...etc). Now it sounds like it's back in limbo. I never thought I would have to resort to contacting my congressman, but I feel like I'm getting close! Frustrating is definitely an understatement.

Here's what I learned yesterday...

App is with A1PP. The TFAM board will see it mon or tue, then the app goes to the SAF/PC board with the TFAM board's rec.  This is the new process. In the end my app lands at the final authority again, who already approved me 6 weeks ago, just with an additional opinion attached to it. Insanity. 

I almost guarantee you're in the exact same position. What DOS are you requesting? I am rapidly approaching terminal requested date and apparently there's one other guy who's package is being pushed faster along side mine for the same reason. Maybe that's yours? Either way, supposedly I should find out next Fri. Hopefully you do as well. 

9 hours ago, Stinker1 said:

So the Palace Chase shop told me a similar story, approved by the board in late March but SAF/PC is not releasing the signed letter and they claim to have no SA on why. 

I've had buddies get "tentative approval" from both the late Feb and Mar boards, so maybe this is a new process for people who Palace Chase with an endorsed 1288 by the ARC/ANG?

Here's what I learned yesterday...
App is with A1PP. The TFAM board will see it mon or tue, then the app goes to the SAF/PC board with the TFAM board's rec.  This is the new process. In the end my app lands at the final authority again, who already approved me 6 weeks ago, just with an additional opinion attached to it. Insanity. 
I almost guarantee you're in the exact same position. What DOS are you requesting? I am rapidly approaching terminal requested date and apparently there's one other guy who's package is being pushed faster along side mine for the same reason. Maybe that's yours? Either way, supposedly I should find out next Fri. Hopefully you do as well. 

Requested May of this year (12 months off), the board approved November (6 months). A buddy of mine in my squadron requested almost the same thing and hasn't heard anything either. Although, it sounds like there's a lot of people sailing right through who put in apps after us. Makes you wonder if it's only applications with certain profiles that get flagged for the extra scrutiny. Seems like if you don't have to retrain MWS, it gets through the wickets exponentially faster. Hope you're right and nothing changes with the decision the board made!

What I was told is anyone who was approved within ~month of the new process being put in place was pulled back and sent to the back of the line to go through the new process. So if someone put there's in relatively short time ago probably went straight to the new process and avoided the purgatory our apps have been in. The AF stupidity never ceases to amaze me. 

My request has been sitting with SAF/PC since Feb 24.  Asking 6 mos off for Aug 1 DOS with Jun 5 terminal.  Both WG/CC and 11R Functional recommended disapproval.  How/who do you get in touch with to see if the board has given "tentative approval" or if it's rerouted to this new TFAM board.  I'll take a 90% solution at this point to begin prepping for my transition.

On 4/17/2017 at 0:36 PM, Thomas said:

My request has been sitting with SAF/PC since Feb 24.  Asking 6 mos off for Aug 1 DOS with Jun 5 terminal.  Both WG/CC and 11R Functional recommended disapproval.  How/who do you get in touch with to see if the board has given "tentative approval" or if it's rerouted to this new TFAM board.  I'll take a 90% solution at this point to begin prepping for my transition.

Call the Total Force Service Center, explain your situation to the call center and then ask to speak directly to the Palace Chase office. If you get the right person they will be able to give you some insight on what is going on with your package beyond what CMS is showing

54 minutes ago, Harvey said:

Call the Total Force Service Center, explain your situation to the call center and then ask to speak directly to the Palace Chase office. If you get the right person they will be able to give you some insight on what is going on with your package beyond what CMS is showing

Thanks!  My submission reached SAF/PC on Feb 24 so I spoke to someone friendly at the Palace Chase office who told me that my submission had been "boarded" on Mar 15 and is still awaiting a decision and signature from SAF/PC that typically takes 2 weeks to receive back.  Obviously, it's been over a month now.  She said hopefully they should get that decision this week but I didn't sense any confidence that would necessarily happen.  As soon as they receive that, the office sends out a myPers email. 

• Upvote 1

Thanks!  My submission reached SAF/PC on Feb 24 so I spoke to someone friendly at the Palace Chase office who told me that my submission had been "boarded" on Mar 15 and is still awaiting a decision and signature from SAF/PC that typically takes 2 weeks to receive back.  Obviously, it's been over a month now.  She said hopefully they should get that decision this week but I didn't sense any confidence that would necessarily happen.  As soon as they receive that, the office sends out a myPers email. 

Thanks for the info. Mine was boarded on 15 March too. Fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Thanks for the update. I met the board on 21 Mar. I'm surprised that the AFPC Palace Chase office doesn't have a better idea on when there should be movement from HAF. Is the delay this new total force board? New policy? Everyone on leave? I feel that a little explaination would at least cut down in the number of phone calls they have to field. 

Call your CC. Then call your IG office if he/she doesn't know anything. If IG can't help then call congressman. How does serving in most cases over 10 years allow the system to not give you an answer when they said they would per their own rules, good or bad? This is stupid.

For that to work, there would have to accountability inherent in the system....

I got told when I called the PC office "we don't task the SAF, you'll get an answer as soon as we have it."

Hurry up and wait is the order of the day.

Edit - spelling

If you met the board prior to Apr, it was re-routed through the new process, regardless of the SAF/PC's board original decision.  That is why you guys have not heard anything since your package was boarded in Mar.  New process is AFPC-HAF/A1PP-TFAM Board-SAF/PC board...in a nutshell; maybe a minor stop at a desk, but overall that's the new process.  The first packages ran through the new process ~1-2 weeks ago.  Sounds like this week/next week is when the Mar packages that we're already boarded will go through the new process.  Essentially, us Mar approvals have been sitting in the A1PP hopper for 1-1.5 months while HAF got their shit together on the new process.

AFPC seems to have zero SA on HAF actions; I only know this info due to the bro network (via myself and my SQ/CC).  So, all I can say is keep on waiting, but bro level gouge indicates answers should be this week or next for those of us who got caught up in this bullshit.  Here's to hoping the answer is the same the second time around!

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, brabus said:

If you met the board prior to Apr, it was re-routed through the new process, regardless of the SAF/PC's board original decision.  That is why you guys have not heard anything since your package was boarded in Mar.  New process is AFPC-HAF/A1PP-TFAM Board-SAF/PC board...in a nutshell; maybe a minor stop at a desk, but overall that's the new process.  The first packages ran through the new process ~1-2 weeks ago.  Sounds like this week/next week is when the Mar packages that we're already boarded will go through the new process.  Essentially, us Mar approvals have been sitting in the A1PP hopper for 1-1.5 months while HAF got their shit together on the new process.

AFPC seems to have zero SA on HAF actions; I only know this info due to the bro network (via myself and my SQ/CC).  So, all I can say is keep on waiting, but bro level gouge indicates answers should be this week or next for those of us who got caught up in this bullshit.  Here's to hoping the answer is the same the second time around!

Thanks for all the info dude

• 2 weeks later...

Just called AFPC Palace Chase office this afternoon.  They just received a bunch of notifications from SAF/PC today and are getting ready to send out emails.  In my case, my submission was denied.  Asked for 6 months off with an intent to hire letter from collocated reserve squadron unit on same aircraft.  No negative detractors.  WG/CC and AFPC functional recommended disapproval due to 11R instructor manning (E-3 pilots are otherwise overmanned at Tinker).  SQ/CC and Palace Chase office recommended approval.  SAF/PC denied.  Better luck to the rest of you!