Palace Chase info

Guest ecutch

All good info except this one thing...this is not how these work.

Doesn't move you up AFPC functional list, but your boss doesn't fight to keep you off of one. More likely instance is a 4-6 month AEF deployment, but you get my point.

I definitely appreciated the 365 handed to me while my PC was being routed!

Doesn't move you up AFPC functional list, but your boss doesn't fight to keep you off of one. More likely instance is a 4-6 month AEF deployment, but you get my point.

I definitely appreciated the 365 handed to me while my PC was being routed!

I could stand on my head for the length of an AEF. 365s are based on requirement, number of short tours and the STRD. CC's get no inputs and there are no standard fight for your guy to get out of them. You likely happened to be at a point where you were high on the list. Your PC app did nothing to change that. Edited by Herk Driver

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know how long it takes to get in-processed into the Reserves and then put on orders?

I am separating AD on 2 March and supposed to be on orders for training on 12 Mar in the Reserves. Is this a realistic timeline for shoe-clerks to knock this out or should I try and push my date earlier? I'd appreciate anybody's insight who recently made the jump. I've contacted my unit and recruiter and got the "ahhh, I am not quite sure".

Off the wall question here. How does the Air Force enforce the 3 for 1 years for your remaining ADSC? For instance, if you had 3 years left on AD and got on with the guard, are you on a commitment for another 9 years? Thanks bros!

Edited by Duck

Anyone know how long it takes to get in-processed into the Reserves and then put on orders?

I am separating AD on 2 March and supposed to be on orders for training on 12 Mar in the Reserves. Is this a realistic timeline for shoe-clerks to knock this out or should I try and push my date earlier? I'd appreciate anybody's insight who recently made the jump. I've contacted my unit and recruiter and got the "ahhh, I am not quite sure".

best of luck. I separated from AD on 29 Sep...gained to my unit 30 Sep but they weren't able to schedule me for newcomers until the Nov UTA....had to go through that before being able to do anything in my sq.

2 to what tunes said. My DOS was 29 Sep, I was officially gained on 30 sep, but I wasn't able to get on orders until our Dec MUTA. That said, I was told there was a thrash at AFPC (when is there not?) due to the insane number of people separating and PCing at that time. It 'might' be quicker for you, but 10 days seems like a stretch, IMO. GL.

Thanks all. Called the MPF at the unit and they are now projecting to gain me the day after separation. I also asked them to put me on the books for the 7-8 UTA Newcomers. I wouldn't have been able to do that if it wasn't for BODN. Hopefully, I'll be good to go. 'Preciate ya!

Edited by Go Falcons

• 2 weeks later...

Approved traditional PC today, 4 weeks at AFPC, 3 weeks SAF/PC. Intent to hire letter, recommend approval from CC, Wing/CC, and functional. Late rate '03 year group... waived 3 years 1 month of UPT commitment as of my separation date in June. B-1 FTU instructor pilot, going to new B-1 reserve unit.

• Upvote 1

When I separated, my unit had a 30 day wait policy for Mpa orders so that "the system" could catch up. I got lucky and we ran out of people to fill our alert so started orders on my first day. It took four months to get paid, though it was my biggest paycheck I'll probably ever see when I got it.

• 3 weeks later...

I was put on the scroll in August and 7 months later I still haven't been approved.

Anyone have any recommendations? Is there someone I could call or visit to process my scroll?

Edited by Go Falcons

• 3 weeks later...

I'm aware that this question has been asked before, however it was 8 years ago or so, and I know that things change.

I'm currently on AD at UPT, casual status waiting to start. I want to try and transfer into the guard before I start UPT. I've heard that it is possible to do by guard dudes here, mentioning that I would need a "conditional release". Given the forecast of the Air Force, and the effort to reduce active duty forces and increase guard/reserve components, I would think it is possible, yet I doubt it's probable. Has anyone heard of someone pursuing this route? Would I need a letter of intent to hire from the guard unit first? An odd question, I know. Thanks in advance.

Not going to happen most likely. Although you don't have a 10 year pilot commitment, you still need to serve 2/3 of the 4-5 year commitment you got from your commissioning source.

• 3 weeks later...

In the recent past, other than last year's force shaping, what's a decent rule of thumb for how much of an ADSC can someone realistically Palace Chase with? 1 year? 2 years? More? Also, I know AFPC owns the process for the release from AD, but is there any change based on manning of the gaining AFRC/ANG unit? In other words, is a Palace Chase more likely to be approved for going to an undermanned unit?

Edited by CopyShot

In the recent past, other than last year's force shaping, what's a decent rule of thumb for how much of an ADSC can someone realistically Palace Chase with? 1 year? 2 years? More? Also, I know AFPC owns the process for the release from AD, but is there any change based on manning of the gaining AFRC/ANG unit? In other words, is a Palace Chase more likely to be approved for going to an undermanned unit?

I looked hard at PC to an undermanned unit. I wasn't eligible for the VSP or FY15 PC program. I was never a me to get a straight answer. The guard/reserve units thought they had enough juice to make it happen but I didn't want to press to test badly enough to find out.

As far as I understand going to an undermanned unit isn't even considered. It's really all a numbers game from the Secretary of the Air Forces PC office.

I will be pressing the test on a 4 year PC soon with an intent to hire/position number and my current SQ/CCs blessing. Wish me luck.

As far as I understand going to an undermanned unit isn't even considered. It's really all a numbers game from the Secretary of the Air Forces PC office.

I will be pressing the test on a 4 year PC soon with an intent to hire/position number and my current SQ/CCs blessing. Wish me luck.

What community are you coming out of?

I looked hard at PC to an undermanned unit. I wasn't eligible for the VSP or FY15 PC program. I was never a me to get a straight answer. The guard/reserve units thought they had enough juice to make it happen but I didn't want to press to test badly enough to find out.

How are you ineligible for PC? I thought anyone could apply.