Palace Chase info

Guest ecutch

PC approved. Hired into the B-52 reserves at KBAD where I'm at now.

Q11B3C

11 months UPT ADSC waived

11 months TA ADSC - might have to pay back about $1500.

Congrats!

Traditional PC or FY14/15 SecAF Approved?

How long did it take your PC application to process?

Has anyone seen an 11F get approved PC recently? I haven't, just want to make sure that it is not a realistic option before I rule it out.

In case anyone is still interested, we just had an 11F in our squadron approved for PC with 2 years 4 months left on UPT ADSC. No votes from Wing and AFPC but approved at SAF/PC. Had an intent to hire letter at an ANG unit which probably helped. Also probably helped that the AF has to meet a slightly lower end strength goal in FY 15. Congrats to him!

Traditional PC. Application awaiting SAF/PC. Recommended by Wing/CC & AFPC/functional. 3 endorsements on my 1288 and an intent to hire letter attached. Anyway SAF/PC denies this?

Anyone else get a thumbs up from Wing/CC and AFPC and still get denied by SAF/PC?

Application just got to SAF/PC after 1.5 months at AFPC. Hoping to hear back by Xmas. This is a cluster.... Thanks for any insight. Good luck.

For those of you that PC'd and received TAMP, how long after your separation did it take for DEERS to update so you were eligible? I was told it takes up to 30 days for my unit to officially gain me, and during those days my family is not covered. Anyone find any quick work arounds; or am I stuck to just sitting, waiting, and paying out of pocket with the hope that Tricare will reimburse me once I'm officially back in DEERS?

For those of you that PC'd and received TAMP, how long after your separation did it take for DEERS to update so you were eligible? I was told it takes up to 30 days for my unit to officially gain me, and during those days my family is not covered. Anyone find any quick work arounds; or am I stuck to just sitting, waiting, and paying out of pocket with the hope that Tricare will reimburse me once I'm officially back in DEERS?

my DOS was 29 Sep and 6 Oct my unit told me i could come get my TAMP card....i called tricare that day and switched back to prime...they back dated it to 30 Sep.

Edited by tunes

PC approved. Hired into the KC-135/C-12 reserves at KEDW as an AGR

Q11M3F

20 months UPT ADSC waived

21 months GI Bill transfer ADSC

Rec'd approval by Sq/CC, Wg/CC, AFPC

10 weeks start to finish, 4 days at SAF/PC but it was expedited due to the separation date I requested.

• Upvote 2

PC approved. Hired into the KC-135/C-12 reserves at KEDW as an AGR

Q11M3F

20 months UPT ADSC waived

21 months GI Bill transfer ADSC

Rec'd approval by Sq/CC, Wg/CC, AFPC

10 weeks start to finish, 4 days at SAF/PC but it was expedited due to the separation date I requested.

:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

• 2 weeks later...

Traditional PC approved

Evaluator Nav (AFSC overmanned)

16 months nav school ADSC waived

Submitted 1288 with position number

Rec approval by sq and wing CC (not sure about AFPC)

2 months from application submission to approval; had my app expedited through SAF/PC due to rapidly approaching DOS

Edited by Mustache Sally

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Traditional Palace Chase Approved!

65F

1 year AFIT ADSC added on to Reserve contract (1:3)

Recommended by Sq/CC, Wing/CC, AFPC

1288 w/ 3 endorsements (11M) and intent to hire letter submitted to AFPC

AFRC UPT Board next

7 weeks at AFPC, 5 weeks at SAF/PC

I appreciate all the info from this board

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know (by AFI) how long your Sq/CC can sit on your PC application? Looked through the Palace Chase governing AFI 36-3205 pg12. It states in there that the WG/CC has 2 weeks (but not quite clear if that means 2 weeks from when he gets it or two weeks from when I submitted the Paperwork to my Sq/CC). My thoughts are that there has got to be a limit on how long a SQ/CC can slow roll.

Edited by StealthDriver

• 2 weeks later...

I can't remember exactly what I wrote, but it was along the lines of, "I enjoyed my 6 years on active duty, and with the recent force management measures I believe the Reserves will offer the best opportunity to continue serving in the Air Force." I'm not sure whether the memo was read by anyone but I submitted one because they asked for it. I've also heard of people writing about how the Reserves provides stability for their growing families, having the chance to serve in their hometown unit...things along those lines. The memo only has to be one paragraph so I say just keep it positive and concise.

Herk, I put that the guard/reserves is currently 300 pilots short in the 130/135, I am giving them a solution. Also that our family situation has changed and would like to pursue leadership opportunities in the ARC.

If you go read the PSDM for the FY14/15 programs it lists how much of what type of adsc can be waived. Particularly now that those programs are closed, the above two posts are spot on.

If I were you, I'd be waiting to see if a new matrix comes out and what that looks like. Because outside of a force management program I don't think your odds are good.

PS-what do you fly?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm working to PC now. Asking for about 13 months off my UPT ADSC. I hope to submit the application mid January. Just gonna try. Worst case it is denied. I'll then be at the whim of AFPC assignments.

Any thoughts on PC wrt the newest guidance from SECAF? No voluntary or involuntary programs in FY15, if voluntary programs are needed they'll release a PSDM....dunno if maybe I showed my cards and I'm in for a painful next few years

1-1 PC is gone BC they were so "successful" last year. 1-3 traditional PC has been around and people have been getting approved with it for years.

Two keys

1. Have a position number and/or hiring letter for an ANG/Res unit. Though not required for officers, you won't get approved without.

2. Know the manning level for your year group/AFSC at Sq/Wg/MAJCOM level. If you're in a critically manned block, odds of approval are lower.

Good luck and know that it's hard to turn back from PC. Once you submit, you will be viewed as a short-timer and move to bottom of list for good things (promo/assignments/awards/jobs) and top for a 365. If you can handle all this, it is totally worth it when you get to the other side.

I'm working to PC now. Asking for about 13 months off my UPT ADSC. I hope to submit the application mid January. Just gonna try. Worst case it is denied. I'll then be at the whim of AFPC assignments.

AFPC functional policy is to not recommend any PC asking for anything above 12 mos. Doesn't mean SAF/PC office won't approve anyway, but better chance if you're asking for 12 mos or less.