Palace Chase info

Guest ecutch

Do you all know if our leave transfers over? I heard PC should be "seamless" and therefore leave should transfer but I haven't gotten an actual answer yet. Does it sound right that as long as separation orders and reserve/guard orders aren't separated by more than a day that leave sticks with you and if not you could lose it?

I intend to call TFSC but I also know that the most accurate info I've gotten so far has been from everyone here, so I'm trying you all first.

I would be surprised if the gaining unit couldn't help you out with the missing ISR. Let then know you need it done ASAP. I had to really keep pushing people to the point of being very annoying to get it all done.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

During my PC process, I was contacted by an ISR at Randolph AFB because with the jumbled up paperwork, he thought that his services were needed in my case. It became confusing overall, but the takeaway was that other ISR's can and will help you as necessary. With the current wave of rubber-stamping Palace Chase apps, I would find any ISR and get your app in immediately! This wave could end any day now. If you need that ISR contact at Randolph PM me and I'll dig it up.

Do you all know if our leave transfers over? I heard PC should be "seamless" and therefore leave should transfer but I haven't gotten an actual answer yet. Does it sound right that as long as separation orders and reserve/guard orders aren't separated by more than a day that leave sticks with you and if not you could lose it?

I intend to call TFSC but I also know that the most accurate info I've gotten so far has been from everyone here, so I'm trying you all first.

I asked this question and was told that leave does not carry-over at all. I was told to plan on using it or selling it back (to the 60 day max). Being as I am expecting a two month delay for training to start in the Reserves, I am choosing to sell much of it back to cover my period of potential unemployment. The crappy part of selling it back is that you don't get BAH, BAS, or flight pay- this reduces your pay by 25%-35% depending on your locale.

vpr is correct, but realize 60 days is the max...for your ENTIRE career. so if you go on an extended deployment and say make 5-10 days, you MUST use them because you are already at your max. as an '02 Maj with 50 or so days, expect to get about 9k.

Leave does NOT carry over. Enjoy your terminal.

Does anyone have good rumint on the possible $10,000 bonus for Palace Chase? I think it applies to certain AFSCs?

I have called and emailed the ISR starting on the 30th everyday, haven't heard one word. I get it, there are a million guys wanting out and bombarding him but 9 days of no contact seems a bit much don't you think?

"You never have too much gas...unless you're on fire"

I have called and emailed the ISR starting on the 30th everyday, haven't heard one word. I get it, there are a million guys wanting out and bombarding him but 9 days of no contact seems a bit much don't you think?

Do you have a unit that is no kidding giving a position number? When my ISR decided to go on TDY and then subsequently PCS without telling me, I had to get my gaining unit involved to find their boss. He then became my new ISR... I'm sure he was stoked, but everything got done within a few days.

I feel your frustration, I went through that for about a month also... good luck

Yes. Finally got ahold of the ISR, sends me all the stuff and he's been here over a year and it still has all the old ISR's info on it. Amazing. This is going to be a trip

I feel like the PC approvals posted on here has slowed down…is the surge over with? Please say it's not so

It looks like they posted actual numbers for overages in AFSC/YGs for the FY15 RIP…so I'm hoping that they'll still rush FY14 approvals prior to 01 Oct...

I feel like the PC approvals posted on here has slowed down…is the surge over with? Please say it's not so

It looks like they posted actual numbers for overages in AFSC/YGs for the FY15 RIP…so I'm hoping that they'll still rush FY14 approvals prior to 01 Oct...

An 06 11R who got approved very quickly after application a few days ago. I think it is still very much alive but people are scrambling to get their paperwork together, which is a chore.

Don't quote me but I don't think there is reserve Dv airlift except Scott (737) and Andrews. Macdill does have a reserve 135 sq. The real way to get hired by these places is know someone in the unit and have ties to the local area. They hire for you to be in their family. If you want to live in NC that 135 unit is hiring a lot right now with boards every 2 months I think. Also Montana and conn are standing up c-130 units and looking to start filling some TR positions. Also UPT needs people and Sheppard is now an option, don't have to be a fighter dude. West Va is doing a conversion I believe and is hiring. And OK is hiring a lot for their new MC-12 mission and something else as well I think. It's all about where you want to live.

And OK is hiring a lot for their new MC-12 mission...

Confirmed...this is where I'm headed :beer: Ended up being Palace Front vice Palace Chase since I got tagged with one last deployment that interferes with trying to leave early. Still looking forward to my new life in the guard!

Edited by nsplayr

Don't quote me but I don't think there is reserve Dv airlift except Scott (737) and Andrews. Macdill does have a reserve 135 sq. The real way to get hired by these places is know someone in the unit and have ties to the local area. They hire for you to be in their family. If you want to live in NC that 135 unit is hiring a lot right now with boards every 2 months I think. Also Montana and conn are standing up c-130 units and looking to start filling some TR positions. Also UPT needs people and Sheppard is now an option, don't have to be a fighter dude. West Va is doing a conversion I believe and is hiring. And OK is hiring a lot for their new MC-12 mission and something else as well I think. It's all about where you want to live.

Seymour, March, and Eielson -135 units I've heard are currently hiring.

Confirmed...this is where I'm headed :beer: Ended up being Palace Front vice Palace Chase since I got tagged with one last deployment that interferes with trying to leave early. Still looking forward to my new life in the guard!

Can you remind me again what the difference is with Palace Front and Chase? I know I read about it months ago but I have forgotten.

Any rumors on where all the mc-12 guys will go if they're not going to AFSOC with the planes?

Congrats on your freedom!

Can you remind me again what the difference is with Palace Front and Chase? I know I read about it months ago but I have forgotten.

Any rumors on where all the mc-12 guys will go if they're not going to AFSOC with the planes?

Congrats on your freedom!

Palace Chase

You asking for early release from active duty...your commitment transfers to the guard/reserve, either 3x (normal) or 1x (FY14 PC program)

Palace Front

Transfer to the guard/reserve the day after your AD commitment ends, ensuring you do not have a break in service. More of a paperwork drill than asking The Man for anything special.

No idea where they're sending all those dudes...you'd think AFSOC manned (or unmanned) ISR would be a good fit and would allow for the parole of some of those folks but what do I know? If you're in that boat god speed finding greener pastures, hope you guys are able to work some good deals.

Edited by nsplayr

Is this unit using you as a CSO on the MC-12?

Is this unit using you as a CSO on the MC-12?

I'm hired under the RC-26 mission right now since legally that's what the unit is fragged for.

The expectation is that MC-12s will get approved IVO June and that they will hit the ramp IVO fall before the first RC-26s ever would so in theory the RC-26 is a placeholder of sorts. So technically all the dudes hired in the recent past are set to be a RC-26 Pilots and Mission Systems Officers but the idea is to flow straight to the MC-12 Pilot/CSO positions IAW AFSOC's plans to divest from the U-28.

All of that is pending Congress so while it's a "done deal" as far as the DoD is concerned, it's not actually done until it's law. That's my understanding at least.

PC submitted yesterday. 2007 12S, just under 1 year ADSC remaining (TA and PCS/training). Got an Intent to Hire but no position number yet. Went through the process with zero help from my "current ISR" (he isn't at my base and never responded to a single e-mail or call over several weeks), but other recruiters were nice enough to help out even though it wasn't really their job. ChkHandleDn, I hope that's not the case!

anyone have to move their requested DOS to the right? thinking more about taking terminal rather than selling it back, thoughts? also what are the first days like, if I received an airline training date that sandwiched when I am supposed to report to the new unit, are they usually cool with, whenever you can get there or do you jave to report on a specific day and do oodles of paperwork for 2 days to get inprocessed?

Depends on the unit. We would let you start the trng and then get paperwork done later. But we would want to make sure that you were at least assigned to a position within the squadron before you left, I forget the form number.

Herkbum

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

Edited by herkbum

thinking more about taking terminal rather than selling it back, thoughts?

Selling leave = basic pay

Taking terminal = basic pay + BAH + BAS + Tricare benefits for the duration

I know which one I'd take.

• Upvote 1

Selling leave = basic pay

Taking terminal = basic pay + BAH + BAS + Tricare benefits for the duration

I know which one I'd take.

And you earn leave while on leave so you'll potentially have a few more days as well

Edited by Odium