Palace Chase info

Guest ecutch

Are you required to have a unit lined up in order to put in a PC app?

It also depends on your wing leadership. My WG/CC decided he wanted people to already have a job before he'd recommend for PC, but the unit that hired me wouldn't give me an official intent to hire letter until my WG/CC signed off on my PC, thus perpetuating a wicked catch-22. Now I have a letter that basically says we'll give you an intent to hire letter if your WG/CC recommends approval of PC. Hopefully that'll help. Have you talked to anyone at your base that's applied?

• 2 weeks later...

'04 11M Maj(s) approved today! Had the PC app in since mid Dec, no uif, etc. i had to pester everyone to get this thing rolling at an acceptable pace. Asked for 16mo off commitment. Functional disapproved, SAF approved...win! GL to everyone!

congrats, next stop?

Have a job waiting and just focusing on out processing/moving/coording w unit in the next 90 days. My ISR has been difficult to deal with, so getting him to finish the 1288, scroll, etc. (supposedly i got put in the scroll mid-December). Thanks for all the info btw. My home of record is only 7 hrs from current location so trying to see if my unit will pay for all/remainder of the move. Since Im part of a detachment, it's prolly going to be a pain to out process. Also, supposed to pin on early apr and out in mid may so making sure rank transfers?

Any advice on the Palace Chase memo that we are supposed to submit with our application? Curious to hear what guys are putting on that memo- especially from the guys recently approved for PC? I have one memo written that is pretty quick and to the point while the other version goes into a rant better suited to BODN. Thoughts?

'04 11M Maj(s) approved today! Had the PC app in since mid Dec, no uif, etc. i had to pester everyone to get this thing rolling at an acceptable pace. Asked for 16mo off commitment. Functional disapproved, SAF approved...win! GL to everyone!

Congrats! You give me great hope. I'm an 11f turned 11s '04 major asking for 11.69 months off AFT ADSC. Things are trending in the right direction with PCs.

Any advice on the Palace Chase memo that we are supposed to submit with our application? Curious to hear what guys are putting on that memo- especially from the guys recently approved for PC? I have one memo written that is pretty quick and to the point while the other version goes into a rant better suited to BODN. Thoughts?

Vpr,

My memo was cost savings specific--direct and to the point. I also had MFR's from my losing CC and gaining CC.

Cheers and GL!

FF

I'm not so sure that the memo really has any impact. In my case (Viper guy), it seemed like SAF listened to the porch's recommendation. My letter said that granting PC would give me the opportunity to continue to serve while giving my family the stability we need. I also mentioned that the unit hiring me desired a report date ASAP. I requested 5.69 months off my UPT commitment, and 9 months off my total commitment (GI Bill transfer). My case had a unique twist that forced me to work with the AFPC PC office more than the average dude. He let it slip that he can generally "adjust" the approved PC date by up to 60 days.

Take a look at the newly revised PSDMs for Force Management. They changed the 1-1 PC eligibility for all the 11s that are blue in the current eligibility matrix (ie not 11F, 11H, 11U). They also added a few paragraphs about how the Reserve needs 500 C-130 and KC-135 pilots. MIght be worth looking into...

I'm just trying to figure out if it'll still be good to go in a month when I hit submit again on my PC app. Curse you deployment!

So, if I'm reading 13-65 (dated 7 Feb) correct, 11Ms are now able to apply for the FY14, 1-1PC, correct?

That's what I got from it. Also, it waives the 120-day waiting period after a disapproval due to manning. So if you've recently applied for PC but got rejected, you can immediately re-apply under this program (unless you're deployed, in which case life sucks for you)

Here's something like how my PC memo read: I am applying to palace chase for family reasons. I plan to work with xx unit (not necessary). I've truly enjoyed serving on active duty. Thank you for regarding this as the next step in my AF career.

Also, my ISR had me sign up for a $10k reserve bonus they are awarding to reserve pilots. 3 yr commit in the reserves. Hadn't heard about this til yesterday. Signed up. GL!

It was something my ISR had me sign. 5k upon entering and 2.5k at 1st and 2nd anniversary, for 11 and 12 career fields only. This obligates you to a three year commit. He said they may change it before I enter the reserves officially in May, but I should be grandfathered in. Also, I signed up for the 3:1 PC, but since I did it in Dec 13 (FY14), and there's now a 1:1 pgm, I'll qualify for the 1:1. You may need to ask about this bonus, since he said not everyone knows about it, especially different units.

One more thing. I'm scheduled to pin on Maj in April and leave in May. When ISR put me in the scroll in December (you need to press your ISR to do this as transferring to the reserves w/o a break in svc depends on it and normal process takes about 4 mos--don't need to be pc approved to do this, do it as soon as u submit ur app) they entered me as a Capt. This is a prob cuz if u get entered as a Capt, you'll be a Capt to start, even if the position authorizes a Major, according to ISR. BL, if ur expecting to make rank make sure to tell ur ISR, as there are a certain number of rank slots per time period and it may affect ur transition; can be a pain to change.

Edited by Mario

Mario,

I'll check with the ISR. How did you get changed to a 1:1 after the fact? I still have a 3:1.

When I was looking at promotion issues, I came across AFI 36-2504 para 6.4. Can't copy and paste elegantly on my cell, but it discusses promotions on the active duty list transferring to the reserve list and who to contact.

ETA: I think the above AFI is for the reserves. If you are off to the guard, I don't know if it applies.

Edited by czecksikhs

Did you apply in FY14? Mine has yet to be switched to the 1:1, but according to my ISR, I'll be grandfathered. At any rate, I'm going to ask the question when it comes time to sign the adsc, although it's not a deal breaker.

Thanks for the reference...good poop. I should have pinned on bf the switch. Think that part of the reg applies to those that have switched bf pinning, after having been selected for promotion.

Edited by Mario

• 2 weeks later...

Palace Chase application finally submitted! The only thing that will make me happier is when it comes back approved and I move off this sinking ship. For folks that are curious and gathering PC stats, I'm a 04 yg major, 11S, requesting 1 month off TA & 9/11 GI, 8 months off UPT, and 11 months off of AFT. Lot of ADSCs, but not much time left.

For everyone that gave feedback/advice above, thank you very much.

Mario, any specific guidance or reg on that bonus. If this PC gets approved I'm certainly interested in a little bonus. Being as I am at least one foot out the door, I fully expected the AF would make me eligible for a VSP and pay me on my way out. The opposite of what makes sense is usually how these things go.

Palace Chase approved! '04 11M with 19 months of UPT ADSC. Sq/CC and Wg/cc rec'd approval, functional rec'd disapproval. FWIW, I spoke with a person at AFPC, who works in the Palace Chase office, and they said that 04'11M's are overmanned. Also, the Sec AF is supposedly delegating the authority to approve/disapprove PC apps directly to the Palace Chase office within the next few weeks. Get those apps in ladies and gentlemen!

• Upvote 2

Palace Chase approved! '04 11M with 19 months of UPT ADSC. Sq/CC and Wg/cc rec'd approval, functional rec'd disapproval. FWIW, I spoke with a person at AFPC, who works in the Palace Chase office, and they said that 04'11M's are overmanned. Also, the Sec AF is supposedly delegating the authority to approve/disapprove PC apps directly to the Palace Chase office within the next few weeks. Get those apps in ladies and gentlemen!

Congrats!! When did you submit your PC application? Was UPT your only ADSC? Edited by Vprdrvr69

Thanks, I submitted back in Dec, but my app was lost in the system for about a month. After I got it back on track it about two months for approval. I also had a little over a year of GI bill transfer. I applied under the traditional PC program i.e. 3 to 1! I had a position number with a Guard unit as a Traditional Guardsmen lined up that I submitted as well on my 1288.

Palace Chase application finally submitted! The only thing that will make me happier is when it comes back approved and I move off this sinking ship. For folks that are curious and gathering PC stats, I'm a 04 yg major, 11S....

So you're not a viper driver?

• Upvote 1

So you're not a viper driver?

Once upon a time I was, hence the username. If you've read my posts, you've certainly captured my hatred for all things TAMI. I was a victim and was routed to AFSOC to serve out my sentence for no apparent crime.

Thought about changing it a while back, but enjoyed pissing off Chang with the 69 suffix.