Palace Chase info

Guest ecutch

Also, in my opinion, why would you kick out instructor/evaluator navs who you've dropped hundreds of thousands of dollars training them to this point and they want to make a career of it(after all were cutting retirements so let's be realistic). Why not kick out a simple mission nav that's been passed over for captain and hasn't gone to Instructor school yet? Then again, that's just my opinion.

Also, in my opinion, why would you kick out instructor/evaluator navs who you've dropped hundreds of thousands of dollars training them to this point and they want to make a career of it(after all were cutting retirements so let's be realistic). Why not kick out a simple mission nav that's been passed over for captain and hasn't gone to Instructor school yet? Then again, that's just my opinion.

Oh, you'll probably get kicked out soon. Just not given the chance to PC.

Any thoughts on trying to palace chase with only 10 months left before I separate anyways? May have a guard/reserve opportunity in the future however from some of the timelines I've talked to guys about seem pretty long. My guess is that by time big blue processed my application and hypothetically approved I'd be out the door very shortly anyways...

Any thoughts on trying to palace chase with only 10 months left before I separate anyways? May have a guard/reserve opportunity in the future however from some of the timelines I've talked to guys about seem pretty long. My guess is that by time big blue processed my application and hypothetically approved I'd be out the door very shortly anyways...

nsplayr,

Unless you're looking to shave off time for future employment opportunities...if you palace front (serve your remaining 10 months and then join the guard/reserve) you'll qualify for the guard/reserve bonus. It's not much but an extra 5-10K ain't bad. I palace chased off 10 months because I felt that, with the way airlines are starting to hire, 10 months could equal quite a few line numbers. We'll see if it pays off.

Chappy_44

First of all an update... I was approved for PC back in July with just over 10 months remaining. '03 11M (O-4) with concur from OG and WG. Now flying with the reserves and loving life while being available to help my family more with a sick family member. Miss the pay a little. And getting a job (aiming for tech first before trying the airlines) has been challenging but I'm confident I'll find something soon.

Now a question. My g/f has been trying to PC as a nurse. She has received quite the run around with the process now into its 4th month, her second attempt. It's stuck at some assignment office b/c they are saying she needs an AF780 filled out even though almost all of that information is on other forms. I didn't remember having to do one. Have you heard of it? Once you answer, feel free to go back to your regularly scheduled program.

Thanks and good luck.

Some free advice:

I'm starting to see PALACE CHASE applications increase, but not to very high levels. If you are planning to do this, speak to the recruiter and submit your request now. Slots will fill quickly, and the MTF is not renown for lightning quick clearances. Schedule your Sep Physical (DD Form 2697) and contact the MSME.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

'04 11M with PC app in the wickets. Asking for 18 months off of my ADSC; will keep you posted. Been approved by my Wg/CC, just up at PC Office and waiting for SAF. Unfortunately, submitted 2 weeks before FM measures released, but if denied will probably apply under VSP...Again. Have a job waiting in the Reserves. My idea was it's never too early to start applying, maybe you'll end up beating the exodus to the Reserves, so I started dropping apps a few months go. Best of luck, all.

• Upvote 1

Ineligbile for the FY14 Force Management Palace Chase with a reduced 1:1 commitment. Still eligible for regular Palace Chase. I'll also be jumping on that bandwagon (again) in 2 months. ('04 as well)

Still no word from SAF and/or AFPC wrt to my application...fail

Not as if there are enough rumors, 'what if's', etc with the debacle known as FM14...

After talking to my ISR today he's under the impression that a blue box (sts) on the matrix and justification that reads "FY14 Force Reduction Palace Chase" on your application--you're about 99% certain to be approved. Is anyone in the current process of applying being told this as well?

Edit: my ISR is committing one of the 7 deadly sins of the AF; using 'common sense'!

Still no word from SAF and/or AFPC wrt to my application...fail

Not as if there are enough rumors, 'what if's', etc with the debacle known as FM14...

After talking to my ISR today he's under the impression that a blue box (sts) on the matrix and justification that reads "FY14 Force Reduction Palace Chase" on your application--you're about 99% certain to be approved. Is anyone in the current process of applying being told this as well?

Edit: my ISR is committing one of the 7 deadly sins of the AF; using 'common sense'!

had a guy at my last base that has 3 years left on his UPT ADSC...and WG/CC told him to reapply......

will be interesting to see what happens. I have 5 years on my ADSC left so my only real option is the VSP

had a guy at my last base that has 3 years left on his UPT ADSC...and WG/CC told him to reapply......

will be interesting to see what happens. I have 5 years on my ADSC left so my only real option is the VSP

Don't sell yourself short, take a look at page 1-3 and see the crazy shit that took place back in 06/07--There's nothing that says you can't apply for PALACE CHASE; trust me---the worst that can happen is SAF says no. Cheers and GL!

Hey kid, you got to get in first and realize how horrible it is before you start talking about Palace Chase!

To answer your question, someone will correct me if it has changed but it is 2/3 of your initial commitment and you are PC eligible. Chance of success however is a whole different ball game.

To answer your question, someone will correct me if it has changed but it is 2/3 of your initial commitment and you are PC eligible. Chance of success however is a whole different ball game.

I've read the regulation and as I remember, I think this is correct.<br />In total, this is a bad plan. Either plan to do AD for 4-6 years straight, or go direct to Reserve or Guard units. Enlisting AD with the intention of leaving early is a fabulous way to put all the cards into big blue's hand and allowing them to make your life unnecessarily difficult.
  • Upvote 1

Can I enlist as an active duty boom and apply for palace chase? How many months/years will it take?

Hey kid, you got to get in first and realize how horrible it is before you start talking about Palace Chase!

I PC'ed Sep 13 from enlisted at that point it was 1/2 your service contract before you can even apply. I dont know if it has changed in the last few months.

Question. My g/f's Palace Chase application was approved today. She was 36 mo into a 48 month commitment as a 1Lt. Here Palace Chase approval letter directs her to pay back a pro rata share of her ROTC scholarship and TA. Isn't that the point of Palace Chase to TRANSFER her commitment to the reserves? Should she decline Palace Chase? She's looking at paying back over $15k just to separate 11 months early so that she can become a flight nurse (her career dream) and continue to serve vs. just leaving the service all together in a year. She has already been conditionally hired at her reserve unit. Any insight is appreciated.

Edited by kdwntwn