Info on OTS (Officer Training School)

Guest GGG308

I've heard from my recruiter that they may have 1-2 dozen pilot slots for this AD board but nothing official. Isn't there going to be a board in August with pilot slots?

somthing like august, yeah. just worried that i will get picked up this board but not for upt and miss out for the next.

• 3 weeks later...

Civilian pilot select here, congrats to you both as well. Any of you all have any information on af pilot future need (I hear fighters?) and upt base selection process? Also, is there much need to prepare for ots?

No hard info on pilot needs...I don't see much change from the last few years. If you go to OTS as a civilian, you'll find out there which base you'll go to, and have a chance to volunteer for an ENJJPT slot in any are available (avg maybe one per class). As for preparing, start early getting ready for the AF fitness test (running 1.5 mile, pushups, situps, waist measurement close to 34 inches). Beyond that there really isn't anything specific to prepare for. The school is really set up to take bodies off the street and run them through the system.

• Like 1

No hard info on pilot needs...I don't see much change from the last few years. If you go to OTS as a civilian, you'll find out there which base you'll go to, and have a chance to volunteer for an ENJJPT slot in any are available (avg maybe one per class). As for preparing, start early getting ready for the AF fitness test (running 1.5 mile, pushups, situps, waist measurement close to 34 inches). Beyond that there really isn't anything specific to prepare for. The school is really set up to take bodies off the street and run them through the system.

thanks for the info.

soo the new OTS website no longer has BOT or AMS links... it just has COT/OTS links and now there is a new 7 day "TFIT" (Total Force Indoc' Training) it isn't mandatory for ANG cadets. They still haven't added the syllabus to the site...

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have the latest on the lag between AFRC board selection and actually shipping to OTS? I've been selected by a Reserve Squadron and my package will be going up to the board in May or June. I figure the FY16 dates will line up well with FY15 but don't know how early the OTS classes fill up. I'm trying to help my civ job get an idea of when I'd likely be heading out.

• 4 months later...

Just curious what the OTs are using for PT t-shirts these days.  Back in the day, that OTS shoppette would have the last generation workout shirts on sale every once in a while for a good price, but I didn't see any OTS emblemed PT shirts there the other day.  

• 2 weeks later...

That's what I figured.  Back in the day, each squadron had a custom solid colored PT shirt with the little OTS shield on front, but I guess we have to conform with big blue's standard crappy PT shirts now.  Ha.