ENJJPT information

Is there a way to earn an ENJJPT slot or a specific way to go about requesting it? I had an AD ENJJPT slot as a ROTC guy before being shown the door on some major BS against my CC's recomendation. I would still like to go there to experience the larger syallbus, foriegn aspect, and to meet up with some ROTC bros that will be there by the time I would arrive.

Thanks for the help. Glad to be on my way to being a part of the guard brethren on this site! :beer:

Guest pilotapplicant

Dear Flyinjhawk,

The Guard Unit that is sending me to AMS/UPT has three guys at ENJJPT right now. From what I have been told by the people in my chain of command the Unit, let alone the individual, has no real control over the opportunity to go to ENJJPT. My flight commander told me that the unit has been requesting it for all the guys they send to pilot training and this current group is the first time that AETC/ the National Guard Bureau has come through with slots (STS). You should at least let your POC know that you want to go to ENJJPT so they can put in (STS) the request.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest IncompletePete

I figure that should I get through the net and am accepted for OTS and UPT, I'll definitely bung an application in for ENJJPT (Any tips would be appreciated!). Whilst most studs want fighters from the get go, I'm of the opinion that whilst I think I'd like to fly fighters, UPT could well change my opinion and you never know, flying AWACs could well seem like a dream job.

However, I do think the T-38 training gives a pilot way more options for the future. Prom what I've read, it seems if he ends up flying a heavy, he'll at least have the T-38 training, but a dude who has trained in the T-1 can't make the same transition to fighters if the AF suddenly has a shortage of fighter pilots.

Out of the 38 track you're not going to get a tanker/transport (unless you wash out of IFF, then maybe). SocialD brings up a good point...ENJJPT may not be the best choice if you think you might end up wanting to fly C-17s, -10s, etc. I think "38 pilots have way more options" is kind of a skewed point. If you think you may want to fly tankers, but just want the option of a fighter crossflow if it ever happened again (which it probably won't), that's not really a good reason to go 38s. Only go 38s because you know you want to fly fighters/bombers...anything else can be had from one of the other tracks.

• 2 weeks later...

This should maybe go in the "Dumbass questions" thread, but do dudes at ENJJPT wear blues until they pass the first boldface test like at some other bases?

I ask because I was talking with an EN IP a month or so ago and he said when he showed up back in '04, he got his bag on the second day he was there.

• 2 months later...
Guest Stopher

What if someone was debating ENJJPT and wanted to keep all there options open, so they applied for it. If they got ENJJPT and thought hard and decided heavys is what they want...could they turn it down and still go to regualar JSUPT? I know if u apply for ENJJPT you should be gun hoe for it....but still worth a shot..

My AFROTC/CC told me back in the day that he could drop me from my ENJJPT slot. I am not sure it happens a whole lot, but you might want to ask your CoC.

• 1 year later...

I just found out recently I am a FY10 select for ENJJPT from ROTC. After talking to some friends and scrolling through the boards, it seems like it's common for guys headed to SUPT to have their class dates pushed up from their original dates. Is this typical for the ENJJPT crowd too?

• 6 months later...

So what's the deal with now being able to track heavies out of ENJJPT, or any T-38? I know a guy who just finished -38s at Columbus and got -135s. Another friend just started T-6s at ENJJPT and got a briefing where they basically said "ENJJPT is no longer just fighter/bomber or UAV." Dunno the details though...can anyone enlighten me? What's the reasoning? Doesn't make much sense to me...

Edited by LoneWolf121188

So what's the deal with now being able to track heavies out of ENJJPT, or any T-38? I know a guy who just finished -38s at Columbus and got -135s. Another friend just started T-6s at ENJJPT and got a briefing where they basically said "ENJJPT is no longer just fighter/bomber or UAV." Dunno the details though...can anyone enlighten me? What's the reasoning? Doesn't make much sense to me...

This has been a topic of discussion before.

The reason is too few fighter & bomber training slots, and too much training capability in the ENJJPT syllabus (sortie availability). The NATO input is still there, but the AF can't simply reduce the USAF input (ruins the training aspect of NATO guiys and our guys training together) or send tons of ENJJPT studs to UAVs (which was beginning to happen), so the AETC commander sent out a policy letter a while back that decreed that USAF studs were now eligible for any aircraft. Its a product of the fighter drawdown, really.

Edited by HiFlyer

• 6 months later...

I'm at OTS right now and trying to start getting my ENJJPT package together. I haven't received any specific guidance on what forms/materials I need to put my package together, and I haven't gone to the OTS meeting that gets called for those interested in ENJJPT. But my Flt/CC has instructed me to start getting stuff together. Can anyone offer any guidance or point me to a location where I can find application materials, or info about the memo I need to write? If you were an ENJJPT select from OTS, I'd really appreciate a PM too.

• 3 months later...

I'm at OTS right now and trying to start getting my ENJJPT package together. I haven't received any specific guidance on what forms/materials I need to put my package together, and I haven't gone to the OTS meeting that gets called for those interested in ENJJPT. But my Flt/CC has instructed me to start getting stuff together. Can anyone offer any guidance or point me to a location where I can find application materials, or info about the memo I need to write? If you were an ENJJPT select from OTS, I'd really appreciate a PM too.

Hey, this is wayyyyy late and you're already at whatever base you ended up at so this is more to help those who are going/currently attending the suckfest that is OTS, but here's what I remember from about a year ago...

All I remember doing was writing a memo explaining why you should be selected, it included filling some background information (previous job experience, flight hours/ratings, etc.), then you write a biography about yourself and why you're at OTS + why you want to be considered etc. The commanders really don't get to personally interact with you that much unless you suck or need counseling or something haha. Then after that you go to a board (interview) with the OTS Commander (Commandant now I guess?), 24th TRS/CC, and for me it was some random Major I had never seen before. They'll ask you questions then you find out in a week or so who's going if they even have any slots available.

I've met a few casuals out here that are fresh out of OTS so if they post on here I'll see if they can give a more accurate description of the process. Hope everything worked out for you but regardless of where you end up, you got a pilot slot out of OTS and that's pretty darn tough these days anyways... There's not that many of us running around :beer:

Edited by Infamous

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone have any info as to whether you can resubmit your pcsm score/gpa for enjjpt boards in ROTC? Basically becaus we submit our packages and find out if we get a SUPT slot well before the EN board meets. So in that time there is a another whole semester to bring up your gpa and get flight hours. If it's possible I want to resbmit my gpa and possibly retake the afoqt to get my pcsm maxed.

As far as asking my cadre, we got a whole new staff and half of them are out of the office. If anyone has a experience with this I'd really appreciate it.

Rico

• 1 year later...

I recently was told I was selected for a pilot slot via AFROTC. In addition to this, I had put my name in to apply to ENJJPT. In regards to the ENJJPT process, I believe the boards meet around September. Do these boards use the EXACT scores that were noted on my Rated Boards? This week the PCSM scoring method switched to PCSM 2.0, and my PCSM score has consequently dropped from a 94 to a 62. I thought originally I would have no problem being selected for ENJJPT, but if they use the PCSM 2.0 scores I'm afraid it's a whole different story.

For what it's worth, my complete scores are listed below. (Additionally I was torn between posting here and the "What Are My Chances" section, but feel its a much broader inquiry about the selection process).

PCSM: 94 (62?)

AFOQT: 97 Pilot, 95 nav, 84 AA, 93 Quantitative, 59 Verbal

PFA: 96

GPA: 3.6

CC Rating: 1-3 / 17

I appreciate any insight anyone has. At the end of the day, I'm excited about my pilot slot, and ENJJPT would be an added bonus.

Doesn't matter which they use because everybody you're competing with on this board is affected the same way. They won't (or at least shouldn't) use PCSM 1 for some and PCSM 2 for others. If a 94 is a "damn near guaranteed" for ENJJPT, then 62 probably is as well on the new scale.

If they use 2.0, it's going to be pretty unfortunate for a lot of candidates who have 0 flight hours, with little time to acquire any. Noone really foresaw the change would reflect so heavily on flight hours, so now its a scramble to get anything before its too late. I think the smartest thing to do would be to use the 1.0 scores for this board, but its difficult to just blindly guess what the plan of action is.

If they use 2.0, it's going to be pretty unfortunate for a lot of candidates who have 0 flight hours, with little time to acquire any. Noone really foresaw the change would reflect so heavily on flight hours, so now its a scramble to get anything before its too late. I think the smartest thing to do would be to use the 1.0 scores for this board, but its difficult to just blindly guess what the plan of action is.

Disagree. Selection criteria are not about perceived fairness by the applicants. It is about numerically stratifying applicants according to what is currently important to selection boards. If you feel cheated that your score went down, calculate the score you want to have and go get the flight hours needed for that score. If the things people have said regarding the huge number of points granted by just going from zero hours to one, that's a no-brainer. Also remember that PCSM score is not everything. And if you don't get to go to EN, it's not worth crying over. Good luck!

• 5 months later...

So thanks to another paperwork screw up, I'm in a bit of a pickle and can't seem to get any info out of my detco:

I graduated this May, but wasn't supposed to commission until FY14 thanks to being put into the system as a 100 instead of a 250. I couldn't compete for a rated board with the rest of my class, and had to wait until this past Feb. I heard back a few weeks ago that as I am now approved to commission in August, with an EAD of 30 Sept to XL. While I am thankful to get the chance to fly, I would still like to compete for ENJJPT, but nobody knows for sure if I can or not, because of my EAD. Does anyone know what happens in a situation like this?

So thanks to another paperwork screw up, I'm in a bit of a pickle and can't seem to get any info out of my detco:

I graduated this May, but wasn't supposed to commission until FY14 thanks to being put into the system as a 100 instead of a 250. I couldn't compete for a rated board with the rest of my class, and had to wait until this past Feb. I heard back a few weeks ago that as I am now approved to commission in August, with an EAD of 30 Sept to XL. While I am thankful to get the chance to fly, I would still like to compete for ENJJPT, but nobody knows for sure if I can or not, because of my EAD. Does anyone know what happens in a situation like this?

Most likely not, from what I remember, the rated board meets to decide slots, then there's another board for ENJJPT, so if you weren't picked up by that board then I don't think there's a way.

What does your EAD date have to do with being able to get into ENJJPT?

If he got picked up for a rated slot this past Feb. with the anticipation of him graduating/EADing sometime next summer, then (depending on when the board is) his package could meet the ENJJPT board sometime next school year and he could have lost a chance to compete with the EAD being moved up.

Edited by Fuzz

• 1 year later...

I was recently selected to commision via OTS. Since I won't be done college until October (at 29 y/o, better late than never) I won't be able to meet with the board for ENJJPT in Sept. Is there any other method through which one would enter the program, or is it solely through this board?

Edited by 12xu2a3x3