Info on PCSM scores

Guest nuclearj

Guest CrewDawg1
Originally posted by Wojo:

from what i know total time counts, which means sim time can work i think

Sim time does not count toward total time, sim/ftd and dual given only!

[ 13. August 2006, 08:41: Message edited by: CrewDawg1 ]

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CrewDawg1
Originally posted by brabus:

Doesn't sim time count as total time, but not as PIC/SIC time? I'm not sure, and far too lazy to open the FAR/AIM.

In the civilain world sim time is sim time, nothing more. Log it as Sim/FTD, dual given and simulated inst. if you doing inst. training. It's your logbook, log it however you want but when it comes time to apply for a civilain job they are not going to want to see sim time counted towards your total time.

Guest comanche

Not sure if someone answered the Sim question, but here it goes anyways. Do not get sim and ftd mixed up. A true sim like those used at flight safety...level D (full motion the whole works) can be logged as total time. FTD can only be logged as simulated inst and dual received. Most people will not log any sim time as TT.

You CANNOT log SIC/PIC/Dual received for sitting in the back of an airplane. It does happen but if the FAA finds out kiss your flight time and ratings goodbye. If UofI is doing that they should be reported ASAP! Just because there is a check airman aboard an airliner doesn't mean I can log it because I'm sitting in the jump seat watching it.

• 1 month later...