Ok..now Ive seen it all

Aurora85

So my roomate and I were just flipping through the tv stations when we came across "The Price is Right"...so we kept watching and low and behold...a kid gets picked up to be able to bid (one of the contestants). Now this wouldnt be so bad..but this kid was in his full rotc uniform with cadet wings. WTF. I have seen marines on there and that is fine with me because they have probably just returned from combat..what has this rotc kid done so far? Fend off the Taliban on campus? hah. Now before I get flamed..I'm in ROTC myself, but i'm sorry I would never do a toolish thing like wearing my rotc uniform on national television. Ok now Ill step off my soapbox ha!

this is the new generation of afrotc..

[ 07. June 2005, 10:50: Message edited by: Aurora85 ]

Who's gonna flame you for flaming a FAG? It's funny becuase yesterday there were to guys in Boy Scout unifroms, with all their merit badges proudly displayed on their sash. They must tell people to wear their uniforms or something. Anyways, aren't you forbidden from wearing your uniform at any event not associated with or sponsored by the AF or AFROTC?

BTW-Have your pet spayed or neutered!

Funny you should mention the Price is Right...

The show was on a couple weeks ago and I heard Bob Barker point out that somebody had a great deal of medals. I came in the room, did a double-take, then rewound and watched it again (DVR).

- The guy had lieutenant rank, though I couldn't tell if he was a 2LT or 1LT.

- When the camera zoomed into a close shot of the man's chest, I counted 20 decorations.

- The wings on his chest were senior pilot wings (seven years rated service time).

The only way I figured this guy could have been legit is if was a former Army helo pilot who finished his commitment, earned a $hitpot of medals, then commissioned into the Air Force and had seven total years of aviation service (Army and AF) all before he pinned on Captain.

Seemed a little fishy to me....

I called the Price is Right people to try to get the guys' full name, but never got a response.

We had a guy in my UPT class who was a 2LT and former Army warrant officer with senior wings and $650.00 a month flight pay when he showed up at UPT.

You see a lot of that in the SOF helo community as Army folks move over to the USAF.

[ 07. June 2005, 13:37: Message edited by: Clearedhot ]

I wonder if "The Price is Right" honies were impressed by this kids "wings." I bet he got some serious tail that night. It's crap like this that makes ROTC people look like dorks. Does this qualify the kid as a poser?

Oh by the way Aurora,

Have you seen a man eat his own head . . . no, well then I guess you haven't seen it all.

Guest Wxpunk

Is anyone else curious why you homo's were watching The Price Is Right? :D

Grow a set and turn on ESPN, Military Channel, Skinimax, Spike, or, my personal favorite, WE Television. :D

Just kidding! ...or am I?

---------------

Wxpunk

Originally posted by Clearedhot:

We had a guy in my UPT class who was a 2LT and former Army warrant officer with senior wings and $650.00 a month flight pay when he showed up at UPT.

So does that only count for people who were commissioned and flying in another service? I was an enlisted navigator in the Marines for 7.5 years, so if I get a UPT slot, will I get the $650 a month? Just curious...

Guest HueyPilot

Aviation incentive pay is based off of years of rated officer or enlisted aircrew service. The enlisted aircrew have a seperate pay scale. When you get your commission, you start over again on the officer rated pay scale. And you don't start flight pay when you get a UPT slot, you get it when you start your UPT class.

I'm not sure about the regs, but I know a guy who was on the Price is Right while he was at USAFA...he's now a Viper pilot...and on a side note he won a car on that program. While I wouldn't be caught dead on a game show much less in uniform, at least he had something to show for it.

And Toro, I get asked questions all the time wearing senior pilot wings and being a junior captain. The most common one is "so when is your line number for Major?".

I'm not sure about the regs, but I know a guy who was on the Price is Right while he was at USAFA...he's now a Viper pilot...and on a side note he won a car on that program. While I wouldn't be caught dead on a game show much less in uniform, at least he had something to show for it.
I knew that guy, didn't know he was flying vipers (haven't heard from him since grad)...the funny thing was the car he won was the same make and model as the car that he already owned...

WX,

Skinimax and WE (Women's Entertainment). An interesting combination.

On the ROTC cadet wearing his uniform on his visit to Bob's house of cash, What's wrong with a little GOOD publicity for a change. The Academy is giving cadets quite a bit of not so good publicity right now.

Guest Wxpunk
Skinimax and WE (Women's Entertainment). An interesting combination.
I was hoping for the same effect Jay Mohr had in the movie "Pluto Nash":

"He's always calling down saying 'You're jokes are lame,' 'You suck,' 'Sing Feelings for me!'"

Mmmmmkay...well you'd have to see the movie. :D

--------------

Wxpunk

Guest Rainman A-10
Originally posted by Toro:

The only way I figured this guy could have been legit is if was a former Army helo pilot who finished his commitment, earned a $hitpot of medals, then commissioned into the Air Force and had seven total years of aviation service (Army and AF) all before he pinned on Captain.

Seemed a little fishy to me....

I went through FWQ with a guy like that. He had over 4000 hours, former AH-1 guy who flew for Customs and was going to KC-135s in the guard.

Awesome pilot and a great guy and everything on his uniform was 100% legit. He took a little shit from some of the FAIPs at Vance outside the FWQ flight until the FWQ IPs let everyone know he was probably the best pilot walking around the base, even if he was a student.

Guest lakefisher

way way back when, there were a couple guys at OTS with me who were blackhawk IPs switching over from the Army. the AF was buying some blackhawks, and needed experienced IPs. they were going to be commissioned as captains.

I know an academy guy that went through the B-course at the same time I did. He went on The Price is Right in uniform and won the showcase showdown. He won a car and some other stuff.