Track Selects and Assignment Nights

Guest oliwoody

On 6/13/2017 at 8:53 AM, c9er said:

Incoming SNAP here, I was wondering if there are any disadvantages to being in the last class of the fiscal year. Is there a tendency to push less desirable assignments toward the end?

I was in 01-15, last class of the fiscal year, all fighters at DLF.  There is nothing to this rumor, then again my drop was 7 days after 9/11

On 6/13/2017 at 7:43 PM, BashiChuni said:

Bro I wouldn't even worry about playing that mental game if I were you. Just enjoy UPT, drink, and chase women. 

There's women to chase at UPT? I guess Del Rio didn't get that memo... Thank god there's still beer flowing freely.

Columbus 17-10/11(some from 11)

T-1

MC130 - Japan

EC130 - Davis Monthan

T6 FAIP

T1 FAIP

E3

C17 Hawaii

3xC17s charleston 

C130 Reserve Maxwell 

C17 Guard - Maxwell

KC 135 Scott AFB

1-2 more 135s - Dill? 

T-38

T6 FAIP

4 F16s - Holloman

F22 - Tyndall

F15C Oregon

Edited by SCardinals

On 6/13/2017 at 7:43 PM, BashiChuni said:

Bro I wouldn't even worry about playing that mental game if I were you. Just enjoy UPT, drink, and chase women. 

What he said, you'll drive yourself mad.

I will say this : every assignment is what you make of it.  Know very few of my bros flying manned aircraft that don't love their job, myself included.  I was pissed when I didn't get pointy noses but now I absolutely love being a low and dirty herc driver.

I would kill to go back to the time to "learn to fly, drink beer and chase tail," fun times in Enoidville.

• Upvote 2

The best thing to focus on is doing your absolute best. Don't worry about what is on the drops before your class, or how anyone else is doing.

In some cases, if you are at the top of your class and the stars align right, you can get your selection of assignment regardless of what the drop is for your class. It doesn't happen often, and when it does it goes to the #1 in the class. So the only guarantee is that if you're not #1, you will not have that opportunity.

And as dream big said, every assignment is what you make of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

What he said, you'll drive yourself mad.
I will say this : every assignment is what you make of it.  Know very few of my bros flying manned aircraft that don't love their job, myself included.  I was pissed when I didn't get pointy noses but now I absolutely love being a low and dirty herc driver.
I would kill to go back to the time to "learn to fly, drink beer and chase tail," fun times in Enoidville.

True.

No amount of worry can impact your future assignments, but it can easily distract and detract from current performance. There is only one plane phase one studs should think about: the T-6

Sent from my iPad using Baseops Network Forums

XL 18-04 Track
8 - T38s (2 non-vold, 1 international)
Rest - T1s

How were the non-vols picked? Did they have to be top half? I assume they didn't take the bottom two in the class. Is the FAC test still required? One might be able to avoid the non-vol by intentionally failing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, ihtfp06 said:

How were the non-vols picked? Did they have to be top half? I assume they didn't take the bottom two in the class. Is the FAC test still required? One might be able to avoid the non-vol by intentionally failing it.

Yeah, there is a MASS cutoff as 1-2 had -38s #1, but went Tones. There was also one helo. The FAC is still done in phase 1, but for no real purpose. It is not a go/no-go. We do it in Phase 3 if we go -38s, but it still doesn't really matter. "Do whatever weight you can do for as many reps as you want."

1 hour ago, ihtfp06 said:

I've seen non-vols put in T-38's, it wasn't good.  If you throw the FAC test I bet they kick you out of UPT, you don't have to "pass" it until you graduate as I remember.  

Has being non-vol'd to -38s happened before? If so, do those guys end up loving it and getting fighters, or have there been cases where they were non-vol'd -38s and "non-vol'd" to fighters? Just curious.

Edited by Thor

Has being non-vol'd to -38s happened before? If so, do those guys end up loving it and getting fighters, or have there been cases where they were non-vol'd -38s and "non-vol'd" to fighters? Just curious.

We had a case a couple years ago where there were guys at ENJJPT decided they didn't want fighters but were non-vol'd to F-16s. No one wins in that fight. Air Force or the stud.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

31 minutes ago, Thor said:

yes happened numerous times

1 hour ago, Thor said:

The last 2 non-vols to -38 guys at END went to heavies. The last dude non vol'd to fighters seemed good with it afterwards.