Track Selects and Assignment Nights

Guest oliwoody

21 minutes ago, WTFAF said:

Yeah, that place was terrible, right? We don't want different perspectives, attitudes or skills going in to the FTU. More Liquid types please.

No really, the product was below average (generally) once in the USAF system.  Don't get me wrong, good dudes and all but we aren't the Navy.

• Upvote 1

No really, the product was below average (generally) once in the USAF system.  Don't get me wrong, good dudes and all but we aren't the Navy.

I was never an FTU or UPT IP so I'll defer to those with the first hand knowledge & experience. But I did go through Whiting and thought I did OK at the FTU...and also may have been a tad defensive.

Dunning-Kruger I guess.

9 hours ago, magnetfreezer said:

Tell them to increase the hook/washout rate from Pensacola/UPT... should get rid of some of the attitudes/skill issues coming in the AF and give a better quality input to the FTU.

The quantity over quality mantra is the name of the game at UPT right now. IFS was changed to IFT because "screening" is too harsh.

I spoke with an IFT IP a few days ago and he said the washout rate in IFS was around 10%, and now it's around 3%.

T-6 IPs are kicking studs to multiple CRs before they get washed out. From what I understand unless they quit everyone returns from their first CR.

Guys have been non-vol'd to -38s to fill the increased student load.

11 hours ago, magnetfreezer said:

Tell them to increase the hook/washout rate from Pensacola/UPT... should get rid of some of the attitudes/skill issues coming in the AF and give a better quality input to the FTU.

That really doesn't do much to increase our through-put at the FTU, but I'll float the idea...

4 hours ago, matmacwc said:

It's an Air Force program.  Has been for about 5 years now.

6 hours ago, Boomer6 said:

T-6 IPs are kicking studs to multiple CRs before they get washed out. From what I understand unless they quit everyone returns from their first CR.

Not true. At least not at DLF. There have been a few "multiple CRs" typically 1 phase 2 and 1 phase 3. There is by no means a free pass on your first CR. 

• 2 weeks later...

XL 16-13 Active Duty

38s

A-10 Davis-Monthan

F-15C Kingsley

F-15E Seymour Johnson

F-22 Tyndall

2 x Saudi Fighters

T-1s

T-1 FAIP

T-6 FAIP

KC-10 Travis

KC-135 Birmingham

KC-135 Mildenhall

KC-135 McConnell

2 x C-17 McCord

C-17 Charleston

Pretty sweet everyone got one of their top choices.

*Edit to note that this is the 2nd class in a row where RPAs were on the drop sheet but not assigned… & add A-10 to DM

Edited by SimpleJack
  • Upvote 1

On 8/7/2016 at 1:45 PM, SimpleJack said:

XL 16-13 Active Duty

38s

A-10

F-15C Kingsley

F-15E Seymour Johnson

F-22 Tyndall

2 x Saudi Fighters

T-1s

T-1 FAIP

T-6 FAIP

KC-10 Travis

KC-135 Birmingham

KC-135 Mildenhall

KC-135 McConnell

2 x C-17 McCord

C-17 Charleston

*Edit to note that this is the 2nd class in a row where RPAs were on the drop sheet but not assigned...

Is the lack of RPAs twice in a row just a coincidence or are they actually trying to move away from giving those in UPT drops?

1 hour ago, Don Frank said:

Is the lack of RPAs twice in a row just a coincidence or are they actually trying to move away from giving those in UPT drops?

Originally, it was only supposed to be for a year so maybe they actually stuck to their word. Color me shocked.

The word was that 16-13 would be the last to drop RPAs, however neither 16-12 nor 16-13 actually dropped any at LX. As to why they were on our drop sheets, we assumed the Flt/CCs were messing with us.

XL 16-13 Active Duty

38s

A-10

F-15C Kingsley

F-15E Seymour Johnson

F-22 Tyndall

2 x Saudi Fighters

T-1s

T-1 FAIP

T-6 FAIP

KC-10 Travis

KC-135 Birmingham

KC-135 Mildenhall

KC-135 McConnell

2 x C-17 McCord

C-17 Charleston

*Edit to note that this is the 2nd class in a row where RPAs were on the drop sheet but not assigned...

Thought there was a C-146 as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On August 13, 2016 at 10:30 AM, Lstcause257 said:

Thought there was a C-146 as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I only included AD in the original post...

Guard/Reserve:

C-146 Duke Field, FL (AFRC)

MQ-9 Hancock Field, NY (ANG)

C-130J Little Rock, AR (AFRC)

KC-135 Milwaukee, WI (ANG)

KC-135 Phoenix, AZ (ANG)

KC-135 Niagara Falls, NY (AFRC)

Edited by SimpleJack

On 8/9/2016 at 11:20 PM, BashiChuni said:

wow those drops are sick! enjoy it boys and girls you're dropping in the good times!

No they're not, students now are obviously just superior performers and their assignments reflect that.

• Upvote 3