Track Selects and Assignment Nights

Guest oliwoody

Think about the "win" that these guys just got. You're in the first crop of people who participate in this stop-out program, which has a stated goal of letting people take time out of their careers to do other things, and then retain their competitiveness for promotion when they come back...

Let's assume that someone doesn't get promoted when that time comes... Now they'll always have the "well, clearly the stop-out made me less promotable" excuse... Which would kill the program.

So for the future of this program, it's in the AF's best interest to promote these people.

Therefore, simply having been selected for the sabbatical program means that, barring something major like a DUI during all of your new free time, you're virtually guaranteed at least one more promotion.

• Upvote 1

^^^^this class was incredible from what I heard. The best studs seen in a long time.

Edit: at least on the 38 side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For F-sake, yes, this could happen and I've seen it happen as a T-38 flight commander at a UPT base. It is rare, and sometimes it isn't fair and there is no justice. But.........the UPT Phase III SQ/CC's do horse trade, and when something special happens at an individual base, they are rewarded.

For F-sake, yes, this could happen and I've seen it happen as a T-38 flight commander at a UPT base. It is rare, and sometimes it isn't fair and there is no justice. But.........the UPT Phase III SQ/CC's do horse trade, and when something special happens at an individual base, they are rewarded.

Lstcause257's reaction after reading that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-LRDR8Kqds

Edited by xcraftllc

Probably disgusted...but definitely not surprised, especially today.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/03/04/us-usa-airforce-diversity-idUSKBN0M02CF20150304

"The Air Force is changing the current process for obtaining waivers from specific height requirements for pilots, a move that James said would give 900 more women the opportunity to compete for those coveted spots over the next five years."

Cockpit designers are sexist!

"The Air Force is changing the current process for obtaining waivers from specific height requirements for pilots, a move that James said would give 900 more women the opportunity to compete for those coveted spots over the next five years."

Cockpit designers are sexist!

post-14040-0-55282300-1430435835_thumb.j

As a current UPT T-38 Flt/CC, it's all about what "the man" gives us in our excel sheet. Awesome classes get shitty drops, shitty classes get awesome drops. Needs of the Air Force, simple as that. Don't overthink it.

• Upvote 1

Why are ANG MAF units sending folks through T-38's?

From what I've been told...The Guard Bureau gets X number of T-1 spots and Y Nunber of T-38 spots a year. Sometimes they run out of T-1 spots, and have T-38 slots left, so they just drop them into a T-38 spots. It keeps from clogging on the training pipeline and having guys sitting around forever waiting to start.

Why are ANG MAF units sending folks through T-38's?

I've seen guard heavy guys get a -38 vs T-1 with a handle of Jack from the unit cc. Sometimes if there is space, it benefits all involved, especially the student, who becomes universally assignable if his unit shuts down and he goes looking for a new job.

I saw one Kc-135 bound guy go thru -38s and do so well they helped him switch to a fighter unit, with the approval of his -135 ANG boss who was a former fighter guy with connections. Weird things can happen.

Someone with a brain? Although T-38s are considered the easier program these days, or at least have a lower hook and washout rate.

Seriously bro you'd turn down an opportunity to fly the white jets and then have universal appeal should shit go down at your unit ?

Someone with a brain? Although T-38s are considered the easier program these days, or at least have a lower hook and washout rate.

I'm sure the only possible explanation for a lower hook and washout rate in the T-38 is an easier program. It couldn't be that poor performers in the T-6 are usually sent to the T-1. Edited by RollNPull

Seriously bro you'd turn down an opportunity to fly the white jets and then have universal appeal should shit go down at your unit ?

This would be the only reason that the -38 makes any sense.

I'm sure the only possible explanation for a lower hook and washout rate in the T-38 is an easier program. It couldn't be that poor performers in the T-6 are usually sent to the T-1.

Your allegiance to thug U hinted at your stupidity. This proves it.

good-good-let-the-butthurt-flow-through-

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1