Baseops Forums
Guest oliwoody

Track Selects and Assignment Nights

4 minutes ago, ihtfp06 said:

When did the bottleneck shift? It’s been at the FTU for a few years now. 2 years ago, URT was supposed to reach an output of 384 a year; that should be more than enough to sustain current CAPs, even if every RPA pilot bails after 6 years.

I want to say about a year ago. These UPT RPA drops seems suspicious to me, briefing last week had ACC manning at 100% + 

Left RPAs a while ago but when i did the functional was dissapointed at a squadron level brief that HAF intended to fufil the promise his predecessor verbally made to return all UPT-D to manned, argueing there was no obligation to fulfill a promise a previous CSAF made. That tells you about all you need to know of this person. Anyway, he mentioned this would cause some bathtubbing and a plan would need to be made to recoup the ranks. I guess they figured that plan out. 

1 hour ago, FLEA said:

Left RPAs a while ago but when i did the functional was dissapointed at a squadron level brief that HAF intended to fufil the promise his predecessor verbally made to return all UPT-D to manned, argueing there was no obligation to fulfill a promise a previous CSAF made. That tells you about all you need to know of this person. Anyway, he mentioned this would cause some bathtubbing and a plan would need to be made to recoup the ranks. I guess they figured that plan out. 

What a douche. He would have lost most of us anyway, only reason many of us didn’t get “chronic headaches/conscious object/fail 6.9 PT tests” was the promise to return to fly. First group of us got assignments a couple months ago, I won’t believe it until I’m back in a cockpit but at least the AF seems to be following through. 

Cautionary tail to the young guys, if you want to fly for the AF, do it for the guard. AD will try to stick it to ya every chance they get. 

Interesting, give the T-6 bros a little slack though, it's a fairly crazy syllabus rewrite for them.  It'll be interesting to see how this affects the toner/38 bros once the new guys start "tracking" their way.  Any word on how they are going to divvy up T-1/T-38 slots?  I had been part of some discussions of it before I left but never heard the final.  The big hang up was if you have a stellar stud but no 38 slots (or T-1 if thats what the kid wants).

Cautionary tail to the young guys, if you want to fly for the AF, do it for the guard. AD will try to stick it to ya every chance they get. 

Truth. I will never recommend active duty Air Force to anyone. Unless they’re going to be a contracting officer.

7 hours ago, FLEA said:

I’m still in the RPA world for a few more years. I can comment that the current functional is getting guys back to manned on a time line. Just about every time he comes to base to talk all his briefings are just about all 11x guys and UPT-D guys asking him about going back. Hell global strike isn’t letting they guys they have in rpa’s stay if they wanted to. Most of us should be back in the cockpit by 21. There is a list of the return to fly folks and so far they have stuck to that timeline decently. Now they are holding recat boards now vs just letting guys say I want to stay in the rpa world.  But most of the guys they are really targeting in the board are guys who have been out of the cockpit for a long time and have a high time in service for now. Plus like the new adsc issues they do want a return on the investment of getting you requalled back in the jet. 

Now on the 18x kids leaving after their initial commitment I can see most of not all of them walking away to go make more money or do something else.  Some of the saving grace for this community will be the prior E guys who are coming in now.  However those won’t be enough to stem the tide of the initial 18x folks who will leave sooner and not stay on past the 6 years. It’s also telling when you have academy folks taking the rpa assignment as a shorter way to pay back the school time vs going full pilot. 

That one will be slower to change but I bet it will.  All the partner nations have to agree on a syllabus before it can change is what i've gathered over the years.

2 hours ago, YoungnDumb said:

All the partner nations have to agree on a syllabus before it can change...

Which means: No it won't.

3 hours ago, Vimix22 said:

Any word from the KDLF drop last week?

T-38 drop was same as previous — substitute 38 FAIP for T-6 FAIP. 

4 hours ago, Vimix22 said:

Any word from the KDLF drop last week?

No SA on the 38/toner split but the full drop for 18-13 was, 

TBD x2 Saudi
KC-135 x2 MacDill
KC-135 Mildenhall
KC-135 Fairchild
KC-135 Pittsburgh IAP
KC-10 Travis
C-17 JBLM
C-17 Elmendorf
C-5 Travis
C-130J Dyess
CV-22 Hurlburt
F-16 x2 TBD
F-15E SJ
B-52 Barksdale 
T-6 Laughlin
T-1 Laughlin
T-38 Laughlin
E-3 Tinker

Edited by LiquidSky

On 7/30/2018 at 2:32 PM, matmacwc said:

You're going have a bunch of angry B-course IP's and a disappointed CAF, but the experiment is supposed to end at Kelly I believe, and hope.

I visited the Austin site a while back. From what we were told, the B-course IPs have been observing from the get-go. 

14 hours ago, JBueno said:

I visited the Austin site a while back. From what we were told, the B-course IPs have been observing from the get-go. 

Ha!  You don’t know how this works.

Edited by matmacwc

On 8/16/2018 at 3:14 PM, matmacwc said:

Ha!  You don’t know how this works.

You're right, I don't. Just passing along what the tour guide told us.

But really? No IPs from any follow-on course have observed this thing?

They might have, but keep in mind if the AF tells you something, just remember someone needed to get promoted and while we may not flat out lie on OPR's, we aren't exactly telling the truth either.  The IP's may have swung by once or been in a meeting there, therefore the AF can claim they were involved.

CAFB 18-14 Drop

T-1:

KC-10 McGuire
C-5 Dover
C-12 Elmendorf
KC-135 Fairchild
U-28 Hurlburt
C-17 Travis
C-17 Charleston
C-17 McChord
T-1 FAIP CBM
2x C-17 PA AFRC
C-130J MS AFRC

T-38:

3x F-16 TBD
2x F-15E Seymour
F-15C Kingsley
A-10 DM
T-38 FAIP CBM
T-6 FAIP END
2x B-1 Dyess
B-52 Barksdale

Edited by Ulysses
  • Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 11:55 AM, Ulysses said:

CAFB 18-14 Drop

T-38:

3x F-16 TBD
2x F-15E Seymour
F-15C Kingsley
A-10 DM
T-38 FAIP CBM
F-6 FAIP END
2x B-1 Dyess
B-52 Barksdale

^

Probably the best T-38 drop in the last 1-2 years right here. 7 fighters, 3 bombers, 2 FAIPs.

KEND 18-14

T-38 Class only (no T-1s this drop).

A-10
F-15C
T-6
B-52

8 hours ago, Vimix22 said:

^

Probably the best T-38 drop in the last 1-2 years right here. 7 fighters, 3 bombers, 2 FAIPs.

KEND 18-14

T-38 Class only (no T-1s this drop).

A-10
F-15C
T-6
B-52

Between these two drops and what I've heard about Laughlin, then yeah, this pretty much takes the cake. All fighters, bombers, and FAIPs, no heavies. And everyone was thinking doom and gloom at the end of the fiscal year.