• F-16 x2 Luke
  • A-10 DM
  • KC-10 Travis
  • T-38 FAIP
  • E-8 Robbins

T-1s??

KEND T-1’s:

MC-130H, Hurlburt
C-21, Scott.                                                    KC-135, Fairchild
C-130J, Dyess
2x C-130J, CA ANG
C-17, Charleston (reserve)
2x C-17, Charleston
C-17, Hickam
KC-10, McGuire
KC-135, Macdill
KC-10, Travis
C-130J, Yokota
C-17, McChord
C-130H, NV ANG

• Upvote 1

Those are some fantastic drops!

T-38 drops look pretty rough to me. Not 2009-2011 rough, but not great.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Duck said:

T-38 drops look pretty rough to me. Not 2009-2011 rough, but not great.

Definitely was rough for some of the 38 bros..some real solid dudes too

• Like 1

Definitely was rough for some of the 38 bros..some real solid dudes too

Isn’t that how it always goes? Some of the best classes I had got the worst drops and some of the worst classes got the best drops.

3 hours ago, Duck said:

Isn’t that how it always goes? Some of the best classes I had got the worst drops and some of the worst classes got the best drops.

I know that's mostly rhetorical but if it's a glimpse of positivity our class was rock solid and had a fantastic drop (both on an absolute and relative scale)

I know that's mostly rhetorical but if it's a glimpse of positivity our class was rock solid and had a fantastic drop (both on an absolute and relative scale)

I bet you got trophies for 2nd place in soccer growing up too huh? Kidding.

Yeah I’m not saying good classes don’t get good drops, it just sucks to see things not work out for good kids that you grow to root for over 12 months and luck falling on the side of some weak swimmers with less than optimal attitudes.

“Needs of the Air Force!”

My perspective is clearly different.  Having witnessed the un-brainwashing of a couple T-38 guys who got banished to the dreaded C-130J (where they loved it and did great things in combat while getting shot at), I can only assume that T-38 guys still scoff at things like KC-x to Kadena or Travis (sweet locations), U-28 and C-130J (where they'll get more real world missions than any other airframes around), or anything that's not an F-22 or F-35.  Got it.  I was bi-polar on my track and drop-nights too.

Cannon certainly isn't appealing, as with the Offutt assignments...but wow, perspective boys.  There's a preponderance of good locations for the heavies, on top of the fact that the pilot shortage makes a heavy-fighter crossflow much more likely right now.

I recall seeing T-38 drops that had a total of 1 ops fighter and dudes being stoked to be FAIPing and not stuck in Minot or Barksdale.

Open the aperture.  If you call it good, it becomes good.  Call it bad, it becomes bad.  It's all perspective.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 8

9 hours ago, FourFans130 said:

My perspective is clearly different.  Having witnessed the un-brainwashing of a couple T-38 guys who got banished to the dreaded C-130J (where they loved it and did great things in combat while getting shot at), I can only assume that T-38 guys still scoff at things like KC-x to Kadena or Travis (sweet locations), U-28 and C-130J (where they'll get more real world missions than any other airframes around), or anything that's not an F-22 or F-35.  Got it.  I was bi-polar on my track and drop-nights too.

Cannon certainly isn't appealing, as with the Offutt assignments...but wow, perspective boys.  There's a preponderance of good locations for the heavies, on top of the fact that the pilot shortage makes a heavy-fighter crossflow much more likely right now.

I recall seeing T-38 drops that had a total of 1 ops fighter and dudes being stoked to be FAIPing and not stuck in Minot or Barksdale.

Open the aperture.  If you call it good, it becomes good.  Call it bad, it becomes bad.  It's all perspective.

Excellent post

• Like 1

ENJJPT 09-03

AD ONLY
2 F-15C
1 F-15E
1 T-6 FAIP
1 B-52
1 NSA
1 U-28
5 UAV

On a side note, one international got a Eurofighter.

Quoted for historical context. 5x UAVs for 11X trained officers. Current drops pale in comparison.

Also note that Duck has been causing trouble here since at least 2009!
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, FourFans130 said:

So true. I don’t know how many people talked bad about going to Dyess back in the day for the herks. I loved it and the bros I flew with. It was a good bastion of tac flying for a while. But you make what you want of the assignment. 

• Like 1

Quoted for historical context. 5x UAVs for 11X trained officers. Current drops pale in comparison.

Also note that Duck has been causing trouble here since at least 2009!

I plan on retiring from this board when I separate. Growing a beard, smoking weed down on the farm.
  • Like 2

yeah well fuck that snowjob. There's nothing "perspective" about PRP and flying the memphis belle in the 21st century. The check ain't bouncing... it's about all I got outta that one. I'd quit before I do that again. I got my AF wings and I own my own airplane, so I got nothing to prove to myself anymore by wearing a bag and practice bleeding for a living.To each their own.

All that said, absolutely, I'm a firm believer of 'it's not what you do, it's who you do it with'. In hindsight (see what I did there lol) I think things are as they should be. I think I would have enjoyed the hell out of physically flying the Viper, but would have probably not meshed well/enjoyed the ancillary/cultural hazy shit that comes with it. Lord knows I've enjoyed shorter debriefs in my life as a result lol. As an older man I've become aware of that nuance, and I'm at peace now. I admit it didn't feel like it 10 years ago. In all honesty, the fact is I got a family and then life got complicated, so the "live to work" impositions of certain airframes in this line of work just became complete non-starters for my current priorities in life.

Which is why I do love my trainer job. It's weak sauce to the youngin's, as it should be, but i'm really happy with it. I wouldn't mind a light attack mission if I had to do it all over again. A-29 or the sort. It's a bit more engaging to me than the bomb truck driver without a pickle button thing. Knowing the AF though, they'd prob fuck that up too.  Guess should have joined the Army ....nah. LOL

• Like 3

There is absolutely a white jet career track, it may not be “official” but it happens.
Yeah, I'm sure it happens unofficially. I'm trying to make it happen. But in the end I'll still have 2 operational tours. But I can't recat into 11K and be owned by AETC, I'll still have 11M as my core AFSC.

• 2 weeks later...

XL 18-10

T1
KC-135 Souix City Iowa (guard/reserve)
Kc-135 Nebraska (guard/reserve)
KC-10 Travis (guard/reserve) 
C-12 yokota 
KC-135 Kadena 
T-1 FAIP
KC-135 Mildenhall
C-17 McGuire
C-17 Travis
C-21 Ramstein 

T38
F-16 South Dakota (guard/reserve) 
A-10 DM
Nigeria - TBD
T-6 FAIP
AC-130 Cannon
F-16 TBD
C-130 Ramstein
C-130 Dyess
F-22 Tyndall

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Better late than never... CBM 18-10 & 11:

T-38:
2x F-16 WI ANG
F-16 DC ANG
T-6 FAIP CBM
MC-130J Kirtland
EC-130 DM
U-28 Hurlburt
C-130J Yokota
T-38A ADAIR Tyndall
C-130J Little Rock
F-16 TBD
F-15E SJ

T-1:
C-5M Dover
KC-135 Fairchild
KC-135 KS ANG
C-130J Little Rock
UH-60J JSDAF
C-130J Dyess
KC-135 MS ANG 
C-17 Charleston
U-28 Hurlburt
C-17 OH AFRC
C-17 McChord
KC-135 RAF Mildenhall
C-17 WV ANG
T-1 FAIP CBM
C-17 Travis
C-17 Dover
C-130J MS AFRC
CV-22 Hurlburt
RC-135 Offutt
C-2 JASDF
C-21 Ramstein

Edited by Ulysses
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Better late than never... CBM 18-10 & 11:

T-38:
2x F-16 WI ANG
F-16 DC ANG
T-6 FAIP CBM
MC-130J Kirtland
EC-130 DM
U-28 Hurlburt
C-130J Yokota
T-38A ADAIR Tyndall
C-130J Little Rock
F-16 TBD
F-15E SJ

T-1:
C-5M Dover
KC-135 Fairchild
KC-135 KS ANG
C-130J Little Rock
UH-60J JSDAF
C-130J Dyess
KC-135 MS ANG 
C-17 Charleston
U-28 Hurlburt
C-17 OH AFRC
C-17 McChord
KC-135 RAF Mildenhall
C-17 WV ANG
T-1 FAIP CBM
C-17 Travis
C-17 Dover
C-130J MS AFRC
CV-22 Hurlburt
RC-135 Offutt
C-2 JASDF
C-21 Ramstein

They sent only 3 AD to fighters out of T-38’s?  So much for growing out of the pilot crisis.