Guest oliwoody

Track Selects and Assignment Nights

Nothing better than getting kicked in the nuts and watching your childhood dreams fade away on stage in front of 400 strangers.

At least it prepares those kids for the real AF.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Duck said:

Nothing better than getting kicked in the nuts and watching your childhood dreams fade away on stage in front of 400 strangers.

At least it prepares those kids for the real AF.

man up

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Heavywanabe said:

sounds like the 38 guy that dropped the E-3 made it apparent he wasn't happy with it...

Not true. Dude had a great attitude all through upt. Handled it like a champ day of and after. Shoulda Faip'd him.

Also, guys don't get E-3s because they piss people off (mostly). If that's how you think drops get decided you should probably talk to someone that's not a Lt.

99% of the time there are no T-1 trades in my neck of the woods. They think their #8 dude is better than our #1 or #2 (no shit) and don't play ball.

Regarding heavy drops. Word on the street is AMC told AETC to pound sand if they want any more -38 trained heavy guys back as instructors. AETC said that's cool, we're not sending you anymore -38 trained dudes. Enter afsoc and accept assets.

2 hours ago, Inertia17 said:

Whoever told you that, probably didn't give you enough context. That dude had been through a lot, not only that day, but in the preceding couple of weeks. An E-3 in front of a bunch of your bros from your old Sq is a kick in the nuts for sure, but given the circumstances he handled it better than most I've seen here who got shit deals.

I’m pretty sure he was talking about the Vance E-3 drop. 

23 hours ago, FishBowl said:

It was a major shift from watching almost every 38 stud get a fighter to the AF hitting the killswitch and start handing out ISR. Some folks handled it better than others; I definitely had a couple drinks to wash it down. 

And the pendulum swings again....nothing new here.

man up

Meh whatever. I just don’t get why we do drop night like we do. Back when predators were dropping, God forbid someone didn’t act like it was their #1 choice of assignment.

Also don’t be an @sshole.
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

On 12/7/2017 at 5:56 AM, BashiChuni said:

man up

He said that it sucks, there is nothing manly or unmanly about acknowledging that it sucks.  Now if you act like a baby and cry about it, sure.