Track Selects and Assignment Nights

Guest oliwoody

6 minutes ago, Don Frank said:

So they've decided to start adding AMC assignments into the 38 drops?

The Shep C-17 was by request, however the 130J wasn't. Everyone is most excited about the return of the Viper!

7 hours ago, Yeetmcgeet said:

Vance 18-03 T-38s

F-16 Holloman

F-16 Kelly

T-6

E-3 Tinker

MC-130J

F-15E 

C-17

Saudis

BAE Hawk

T-38 Randolf (x2)

KEND T-1s:

C-17x3 Travis  (1 Guard)
C-130Jx3 Ramstein/Yakota (1 Guard)
KC-10 Travis
KC-135x5 (Tinker/Beale/Eielson/don't remember the other 2)
T-1 FAIP

Edited by zachtx

5 minutes ago, Heavywanabe said:

Who'd the E-3 guy piss off..

There have been a few out of 38s now. Not sure what deal got made when they started taking the T1 afsoc drops, but I assume it involved them also taking the E3 drops.

The 38 stud here at XL that got the CV had it near the very bottom of his sheet. Did not want it at all... Meanwhile I know a few of the T1 studs would have killed for it. Will be interesting to see how he does compared to the huey and toner guys at the school house.

8 minutes ago, Heavywanabe said:

Who'd the E-3 guy piss off..

I dropped an E-8 out of T-38s a couple classes ago. As far as I know, I didn’t piss off anyone. It’s just how the drops in FY18 are going so far. We were told to expect no AMC assets, 1-2 fighter and ISR & AFSOC for the rest.

It wasn’t high on my list, but luck, timing and needs of the AF trump all. I’m still still stoked to have had the opportunity to fly the T-38 and it beats checking IDs. I am happy for the guys that are now getting mobility assets and T-1s are trading. We had a U-28 a T-1 dude would have probably liked. 

1 minute ago, FishBowl said:

I dropped an E-8 out of T-38s a couple classes ago. As far as I know, I didn’t piss off anyone. It’s just how the drops in FY18 are going so far. We were told to expect no AMC assets, 1-2 fighter and ISR & AFSOC for the rest.

It wasn’t high on my list, but luck, timing and needs of the AF trump all. I’m still still stoked to have had the opportunity to fly the T-38 and it beats checking IDs. I am happy for the guys that are now getting mobility assets and T-1s are trading. We had a U-28 a T-1 dude would have probably liked. 

I'm a part timer so my track it set going to my AMC airframe, i'm all to you guys that have no clue what you will drop though.  I wasn't able to make the drop last week but talked to some dudes that did, sounds like the 38 guy that dropped the E-3 made it apparent he wasn't happy with it...

1 minute ago, Heavywanabe said:

I'm a part timer so my track it set going to my AMC airframe, i'm all to you guys that have no clue what you will drop though.  I wasn't able to make the drop last week but talked to some dudes that did, sounds like the 38 guy that dropped the E-3 made it apparent he wasn't happy with it...

It was a major shift from watching almost every 38 stud get a fighter to the AF hitting the killswitch and start handing out ISR. Some folks handled it better than others; I definitely had a couple drinks to wash it down. 

Nothing better than getting kicked in the nuts and watching your childhood dreams fade away on stage in front of 400 strangers.

At least it prepares those kids for the real AF.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Heavywanabe said:

sounds like the 38 guy that dropped the E-3 made it apparent he wasn't happy with it...

Not true. Dude had a great attitude all through upt. Handled it like a champ day of and after. Shoulda Faip'd him.

Also, guys don't get E-3s because they piss people off (mostly). If that's how you think drops get decided you should probably talk to someone that's not a Lt.

99% of the time there are no T-1 trades in my neck of the woods. They think their #8 dude is better than our #1 or #2 (no shit) and don't play ball.

Regarding heavy drops. Word on the street is AMC told AETC to pound sand if they want any more -38 trained heavy guys back as instructors. AETC said that's cool, we're not sending you anymore -38 trained dudes. Enter afsoc and accept assets.

2 hours ago, Inertia17 said:

Whoever told you that, probably didn't give you enough context. That dude had been through a lot, not only that day, but in the preceding couple of weeks. An E-3 in front of a bunch of your bros from your old Sq is a kick in the nuts for sure, but given the circumstances he handled it better than most I've seen here who got shit deals.

I’m pretty sure he was talking about the Vance E-3 drop. 

23 hours ago, FishBowl said:

It was a major shift from watching almost every 38 stud get a fighter to the AF hitting the killswitch and start handing out ISR. Some folks handled it better than others; I definitely had a couple drinks to wash it down. 

And the pendulum swings again....nothing new here.

man up

Meh whatever. I just don’t get why we do drop night like we do. Back when predators were dropping, God forbid someone didn’t act like it was their #1 choice of assignment.

Also don’t be an @sshole.
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

• 4 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, LiquidSky said:

Didn't write any of drop down but from memory for  XL 18-04, 

T-38

E/A-18
F-15C
A-10
T-6
C-130