Track Selects and Assignment Nights

Guest oliwoody

9 hours ago, Ram said:

This is not about a dick measuring contest. My beef is that the porch is sending inexperienced wingmen to the Eielson aggressors because they supposedly have no choice.

Worse still, these wingmen are coming off only one year in Korea. A remote assignment they went to with the PROMISE of a follow on regular tour. Going to the aggressors essentially freezes their development as fighter pilots. It's not a problem to go as a senior 4FL or an IP, but it is a death blow to a young fighter pilot's development. A terrible breech of trust.

So AFPC breaks that promise and sends them to the 18AGRS. Fine...we "have no choice" and have a problem absorbing all the wingmen in the CAF. Needs of the Air Force and all that. Yes sir, service before self...got it.

Then, THE VERY SAME WEEK these guys are learning about the breaking of the promise, these wingmen are hearing about this crossflow. I'd be livid.

Worse still, if it were me, my mind about staying one day past my commitment would be made up. No fvcking way.

How many other young wingmen are watching???

AFPC's justification, btw, is some bullshit about a net gain of fighter pilots via this crossflow. Of course, they're not factoring the 36 CAF wingmen that just watched this happen.

Great job, fvckwits. YGBSM.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

I'll play devil's advocate - what should they do, send the MAF dudes to a Viper and the inexperienced dudes to the 35?  That buys two TX courses instead of one. 

AFPC is in flail mode. There simply aren't enough Capt/Maj IP types to fill up the aggressors AND CAF squadrons (still need ADOs there), because assholes like me keep getting out. So, they are making lemonade out lemons. 

I don't disagree with anything you're saying necessarily, it's just that the problem doesn't have an easy solution. 

I'll play devil's advocate - what should they do, send the MAF dudes to a Viper and the inexperienced dudes to the 35?  That buys two TX courses instead of one. 
AFPC is in flail mode. There simply aren't enough Capt/Maj IP types to fill up the aggressors AND CAF squadrons (still need ADOs there), because assholes like me keep getting out. So, they are making lemonade out lemons. 
I don't disagree with anything you're saying necessarily, it's just that the problem doesn't have an easy solution. 

That's my whole point: AFPC thinks this is a "smart move" because they get to net-gain a few CAF pilots, while forgetting about the trust relationship that they have been trying to repair.

CAF wide, all the young CGOs watching this are taking notes and wondering if the Porch and A1 actually mean it when saying "guys...we know we've fvcked up...and we promise things will be different from now on."

Empty words? You be the judge.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ram said:

That's my whole point: AFPC thinks this is a "smart move" because they get to net-gain a few CAF pilots, while forgetting about the trust relationship that they have been trying to repair.

CAF wide, all the young CGOs watching this are taking notes and wondering if the Porch and A1 actually mean it when saying "guys...we know we've fvcked up...and we promise things will be different from now on."

Empty words? You be the judge.

Yep.

In my case, when I witnessed the forced separation of 160-some majors back in 2011 (ish) followed almost immediately by the activation of TERA authority, for a nearly identical group of people, I realized just how important the AF viewed its people, and also how arbitrary and fickle continued service could be.

"Hmm. I just got the boot, but the other 15-yr major across the street gets to retire? Exsqueeze me? Baking powder?"

AF leadership needs to realize that their decisions enacted through AFPC and other entities are watched very closely and create a certain lasting "tenor" within the force that have effects on retention for many years in the future. This latest decision may be in a similar vein.

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, En18 said:

Vance, Columbus, and Sheppard all have a drop tomorrow. Does anyone know if Laughlin is having an assignment night tomorrow too?

The three SUPT bases all drop on the same day for a given class to my knowledge. DLF does have a drop tonight.

KDLF 17-12

C-17 Charleston
C-17 McChord
C-17 Hickam
Kc-135 MacDill
E-3 Tinker
Hc-130?
F-16 Tucson
C-21 Ramstein
Kc-135r Seymour Johnson
F-16 Luke
F-15 Strike eagle Seymour Johnson
Mc-12 (da-20 fake out)
C-17 Pittsburgh
Kc-135 Pittsburgh
F-16 Luke
Rc-135 Offut
C-130h Youngstown
F-16 SC guard (c-130 fake out)
F-16 Luke
Kc-135 Sioux City
F-16 Holloman

ABB

17-12 VANCE 

15E

C17 McCord 

Kc135 McConnell 

C17 Charleston 

T6 FAIP 

HC13O DM 

C17 DOVER 

U28 HURBY

C21 SCOTT 

RC135 OFFUTT

KC135 FAIRCHILD 

C130 LITTLE ROCK 

KC135 KADENA 

KC10 TRAVIS 

C17 CHARLESTON 

F22 TY

F15C

F16x2

F15SA SAUDI 

KDLF 17-12

C-17 Charleston
C-17 McChord
C-17 Hickam
Kc-135 MacDill
E-3 Tinker
Hc-130?
F-16 Tucson
C-21 Ramstein
Kc-135r Seymour Johnson
F-16 Luke
Mc-12 (da-20 fake out)
C-17 Pittsburgh
Kc-135 Pittsburgh
F-16 Luke
Rc-135 Offut
C-130h Youngstown
F-16 Luke
Kc-135 Sioux City
F-16 Holloman

ABB

Didn't know Pittsburgh had 17s. Are they replacing their hercs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We need a damn C-17 unit in TX, I don't want to wind up in MS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas has some of the highest property taxes in the US. I would never want to live in Texas long-term. Mississippi gets a bad rap but it's actually pretty decent place. Flowood Mississippi north east of Jackson is really nice.

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, AfterBurningBroski said:

KDLF 17-12

C-17 Charleston
C-17 McChord
C-17 Hickam
Kc-135 MacDill
E-3 Tinker
Hc-130?
F-16 Tucson
C-21 Ramstein
Kc-135r Seymour Johnson
F-16 Luke
Mc-12 (da-20 fake out)
C-17 Pittsburgh
Kc-135 Pittsburgh
F-16 Luke
Rc-135 Offut
C-130h Youngstown
F-16 Luke
Kc-135 Sioux City
F-16 Holloman

ABB

I thought MC-12s were all given to the Army?

16 hours ago, Duck said:

Texas has some of the highest property taxes in the US. I would never want to live in Texas long-term. Mississippi gets a bad rap but it's actually pretty decent place. Flowood Mississippi north east of Jackson is really nice.

You haven't lived in the NE then. Try paying some NY/NJ income and property taxes there.

For accuracy, Texas has the 6th highest property taxes in the country. NJ is indeed #1, but Texas is higher than NY. (Results from light googling.)

And honestly I wouldn't look at property tax rates exclusively when figuring out where to live $$ wise...Hawaii has the lowest property tax rate in the country but it's expensive as hell to live there. Then again Hawaii > Wichita Falls for probably 98.69% of people so to each his own...

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by nsplayr
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nsplayr said:

For accuracy, Texas has the 6th highest property taxes in the country. NJ is indeed #1, but Texas is higher than NY. (Results from light googling.)

And honestly I wouldn't look at property tax rates exclusively when figuring out where to live $$ wise...Hawaii has the lowest property tax rate in the country but it's expensive as hell to live there. Then again Hawaii > Wichita Falls for probably 98.69% of people so to each his own...

maxresdefault.jpg

True. And there is 0% income tax (TX) versus 8.82% (NY). Plus the difference in how much house you get for the money makes it a big difference in TX over NY

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Thor said:

Any word on CBM's drop?

T-1

C-17 - McChord x2 (one active, one reserve)

C-17 - Dover

C-17 - Charleston x2 (one active, one reserve)

E-3 - Tinker

RC-135 - Offutt

KC-135 - March

KC-135 - Birmingham 

C-130J - Yokota

MC-130J - Mildenhall

T-38

A-10 

T-38 ADAIR

T-38 FAIP

Some Japanese studs as well in both T-1/38 sides. 

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, HossHarris said:

The Adair t-38s aren't aggressors. It's a good gig for a raptor baby, but it's not aggressors. 

(Expectation management)

The ADAIRs help train raptors for combat against non-stealthy enemies, right? And, if you drop 38 ADAIR out of UPT, does that guarantee you a raptor after a couple years?

Adair t-38s do lots of stuff, all of which builds time and experience for the younguns. Most of it is being a radar reflector. Some of it is awesome. 

The squadron tries to work most of the snapishness out before the bcourse .... with varying success. So remember you're a new guy in a "fighter" squadron and not particularly special.  Snacko and cleaning floors shouldn't feel beneath your talents (hint, you don't have any yet).

You should get a raptor follow on. Unless you're a retard. Or afpc changes their mind. Or afpc forgets to build slots in the raptor training pipeline for you. 

But so far, it's been working out pretty well. 

Langley or Tyndall?

• Upvote 1