Track Selects and Assignment Nights

Guest oliwoody

9 hours ago, 1111 said:

All this^. Just enjoy yourself and hope to be lucky enough to have the timing to have a drop with something you want not being pursued by most of the guys/gals in the class.

What you get at the drop night is like the airline you get on with, you just don't know how great or shitty it is going to be until it is all over!

The result.

18622514_452450785090831_846848490072324

Seriously though as everyone has beat to death at this point, just do you best and don't your buddy. Focus on the T6 first and then whatever you track because worrying about the rest when it's out of your control is a waste of time.

Edited by LiquidSky
  • Upvote 1

On 7/8/2017 at 1:07 PM, LiquidSky said:

The result.

18622514_452450785090831_846848490072324

Seriously though as everyone has beat to death at this point, just do you best and don't your buddy. Focus on the T6 first and then whatever you track because worrying about the rest when it's out of your control is a waste of time.

Mk 82s and a mini-gun...not what I had pictured for light attack but sign me fvck the up. 

Edited by Standby
  • Upvote 1

If I had to guess, it's because they shut off the pipeline when I went through (09-10.) 

Of the 3 guys who went T-38s in my class, one got KC-135s, one got T-6 FAIP (now BUFFs) and the other got UAVs. They combined our 3 guys with the prior (or next class, don't remember) and of those 6, only one person got a fighter (F-15s).

It was like that for the entire CY, and then some. Plus all the other aforementioned stuff in the thread.

This. In a year of watching drops during that time frame at END I'd say perhaps 3-4 fighters dropped the entire FY. A complete 180 out from the stud who wanted C-17s but got "stuck" with a Viper.

But then again, the CSAF and SECAF had just gotten sacked for nukes and ISR so there were easily 2-4 robots per class.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, di1630 said:

Anyone hear some MAF guys are cross flowing to the F-35? That's gotta be a morale booster for people hanging onto the hope.

True story. We got an email from our Sq/CC about three weeks ago saying one of our copilots got picked up for the F-35. According to the boss, he was the only one in the MAF selected for that jet.

50 minutes ago, Ram said:

Ah good. We have a young wingman who is going to go to the 18 AGRS at Eielson after only a year in Korea, so that makes sense.

Shack.  I wish that C-17 dude all the best and hope to see him kicking ass in the future, but for fucks sake what is the AF thinking; LIMEX program + this = huge WTF.

7 hours ago, di1630 said:

Anyone hear some MAF guys are cross flowing to the F-35? That's gotta be a morale booster for people hanging onto the hope.

One of our guys (prior C17s) is one of two alternates for the crossflow. Word is 4 MAF dudes were selected as primaries and 2 alternates.

1 hour ago, Boomer6 said:

One of our guys (prior C17s) is one of two alternates for the crossflow. Word is 4 MAF dudes were selected as primaries and 2 alternates.

Was he one of the dudes that got C-17s out of 38s?

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Lord Ratner said:

Honest question. Who gives a shit? If the guard can somehow make fighter pilots without getting the best UPT had to offer (and often some of the... most average), why is crossflow such a concern?

Sent from my Vitamix 450x Professional using Tapatalk

This^Super shack. Take 500 more fake BO internet points. 

Is it that AD fighter community can only train a certain caliber of student?

1 hour ago, 1111 said:

This^Super shack. Take 500 more fake BO internet points. 

Is it that AD fighter community can only train a certain caliber of student?

Cue the MAF v. CAF dick measuring contest..3..2..

"We all could have made it in fighters, my T6 flt/cc screwed me over. (sts).. "

15 minutes ago, Boomer6 said:

Cue the MAF v. CAF dick measuring contest..3..2..

"We all could have made it in fighters, my T6 flt/cc screwed me over. (sts).. "

before you deflect and get off topic...let us recage. 

Honest question, then we can start measuring sausage. Is the AD fighter pilot a higher quality product than the Guard/Reserve fighter pilot?

Edited by Guest
reference Ratner post above

This is not about a dick measuring contest. My beef is that the porch is sending inexperienced wingmen to the Eielson aggressors because they supposedly have no choice.

Worse still, these wingmen are coming off only one year in Korea. A remote assignment they went to with the PROMISE of a follow on regular tour. Going to the aggressors essentially freezes their development as fighter pilots. It's not a problem to go as a senior 4FL or an IP, but it is a death blow to a young fighter pilot's development. A terrible breech of trust.

So AFPC breaks that promise and sends them to the 18AGRS. Fine...we "have no choice" and have a problem absorbing all the wingmen in the CAF. Needs of the Air Force and all that. Yes sir, service before self...got it.

Then, THE VERY SAME WEEK these guys are learning about the breaking of the promise, these wingmen are hearing about this crossflow. I'd be livid.

Worse still, if it were me, my mind about staying one day past my commitment would be made up. No fvcking way.

How many other young wingmen are watching???

AFPC's justification, btw, is some bullshit about a net gain of fighter pilots via this crossflow. Of course, they're not factoring the 36 CAF wingmen that just watched this happen.

YGBSM.

Edited by Ram
  • Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, Ram said:

This is not about a dick measuring contest. My beef is that the porch is sending inexperienced wingmen to the Eielson aggressors because they supposedly have no choice.

Worse still, these wingmen are coming off only one year in Korea. A remote assignment they went to with the PROMISE of a follow on regular tour.

So AFPC breaks that promise and sends them to the 18AGRS. Fine...we "have no choice" and have a problem absorbing all the wingmen in the CAF.

Then, THE VERY SAME WEEK these guys are learning about the breaking of the promise, these wingmen are hearing about this crossflow. I'd be livid.

Worse still, if it were me, my mind about staying one day past my commitment would be made up. No fvcking way.

AFPC's justification, btw, is some bullshit about a net gain of fighter pilots via this crossflow. Of course, they're not factoring the 36 CAF wingmen that just watched this happen.

Great job, wits. YGBSM.

Valid, I see the point you were trying to highlight now. Thanks for not going spear crazy.

47 minutes ago, 1111 said:

before you deflect and get off topic...let us recage. 

Honest question, then we can start measuring sausage. Is the AD fighter pilot a higher quality product than the Guard/Reserve fighter pilot?

No

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ram said:

Worse still, these wingmen are coming off only one year in Korea. A remote assignment they went to with the PROMISE of a follow on regular tour. Going to the aggressors essentially freezes their development as fighter pilots. It's not a problem to go as a senior 4FL or an IP, but it is a death blow to a young fighter pilot's development. A terrible breech of trust.

So AFPC breaks that promise and sends them to the 18AGRS. Fine...we "have no choice" and have a problem absorbing all the wingmen in the CAF. Needs of the Air Force and all that. Yes sir, service before self...got it.

Great job, fvckwits. YGBSM.

Exactly.  The message this sends is just baffling in this current fighter pilot "crisis".  The net gain argument is also ridiculous and doesn't make sense.  Send them to an F-15 or F-16 and you still have a "net gain".  

6 hours ago, Ram said:

Great job, fvckwits. YGBSM.

That's exactly what happened during TAMI21 and the dark ages of UPT when the CAF pilots saw the situation we are in currently enduring. GTFO ASAP. 

5 hours ago, RTB said:

Exactly.  The message this sends is just baffling in this current fighter pilot "crisis".  The net gain argument is also ridiculous and doesn't make sense.  Send them to an F-15 or F-16 and you still have a "net gain".  

I assume the other 3 got spread around the other communities so maybe its just a case of every RTU has one maf to fighter guy to train.