Track Selects and Assignment Nights

Guest oliwoody

29 minutes ago, tk1313 said:

I've been doing the math for the F-22 pipeline (worst case scenario since production was cut early into its life). I've seen 1-2 raptors drop every ENJJPT class, plus one or two every so often from the other bases. There are only 186 Raptors, and assuming an optimistic "up jet" status of 80%... I see two lines converging very quickly. Maybe @11F could shed light on how backed up the F-22 pipeline is so that my pure speculation isn't taken as fact.

Are you assuming a certain pilot-to-jet ratio?

It's the perfect storm, worse than 2010-2013, because we are running out of Instructors in all airframes, but especially fighters. Shortening the B-courses will only put more strain on the actual combat units. Amazing what driving your people into the ground for 10 years will do.

I'm also seeing a large swing in guys that don't want to fly fighters. More guys are putting heavies up near the top. An unforeseen consequence of the lack of 11F presence in Phase II I would imagine as well as the ability to quickly build hours in the MAF. I also see more younger guys already building exit plans from AD.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Bobsan said:

Are you assuming a certain pilot-to-jet ratio?

No, mainly because shoving more pilots into a single jet doesn't solve your problem. Eventually, the "good flyer" jets will have to go into phase inspections and the like (365/728). Plus, I'm pretty sure the stealth upkeep requires more time in the hangar per flight hour.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, matmacwc said:

It's called the BIT (Break in Training) program, you hang out in your UPT -38 squadron begging for rides.  I saw guys hanging out for a year, kind of gets the whole career off on the wrong foot.

If the BIT is post-IFF (and they're single) send them TDY to fly black jets for those months. No begging required.

4 hours ago, tk1313 said:

No, mainly because shoving more pilots into a single jet doesn't solve your problem. Eventually, the "good flyer" jets will have to go into phase inspections and the like (365/728). Plus, I'm pretty sure the stealth upkeep requires more time in the hangar per flight hour.

lol

3 hours ago, BFM this said:

If the BIT is post-IFF (and they're single) send them TDY to fly black jets for those months. No begging required.

28 minutes ago, HossHarris said:

Pcs them to black jets. We'll get them good and salty before their bcourse

What do you mean by black jets?  T-38 Aggressors? 

2 hours ago, Thor said:

What do you mean by black jets?  T-38 Aggressors? 

Yerp. Wave of the future and past. 

1.3 of yelling "pew pew pew" and kill removing. 

And, pound for pound, the greatest consumers of grilled cheese sammiches in the active duty. 

Edited by HossHarris
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HossHarris said:

And, pound for pound, the greatest consumers of grilled cheese sammiches in the active duty. 

You just wanted to use "sammiches" in a sentence.

• Upvote 1

On 3/9/2017 at 7:39 PM, Rooster said:

All the current 38 classes at CBM were washed back starting with 17-08. 08 was split, 4 staying in the class and 4 were washed back. The next classes were all washed back. 17-14 already had 3 or 4 38s from 17-13 washbacks.

So what the long term outlook? Are 38 selects just going to keep getting washed back or get sent to Sheppard? Does this mean that CBM will get less 38 drops in the near/long future?

On 3/13/2017 at 8:43 PM, HossHarris said:

Sounds like a great mission for an AFRC takeover. Bankers hours plus flight time sounds great for us quitter types that no longer have pretenses about our so-called career claim to fame. :D

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, the g-man said:

Speaking of BITs... word in the MAF is that studs can only have a max BIT of 10 days from UPT grad to PIQ... meaning the unit is getting a copilot that has not done SERE yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What clown reinterpreted that rule to get a OPR bullet? Its not a break in training its an entirely different course. I just had a LT show up and then head straight to SERE, becuase nothing helps a guy brand new out of the Schoolhouse like adding another month of not flying on top of the time it takes to PCS, inprocessing & do the local mission ready.

• Upvote 2