Track Selects and Assignment Nights

Guest oliwoody

1 hour ago, BashiChuni said:

no offense but the drone bubbas that we've gotten to our squadron have ing sucked at flying and attitude  

I hope they were crushed by IPs on gradesheets and bros over a beer accordingly. I have no intention of rolling in to any flying squadron pretending my drone hours mean anything. Just happy to be going there dude.

Flying is a perishable skill. I know of Majs and Lt Cols who have washed out of PIT. When we look at their history, due to school, staff, AOC at the Academy, etc... In one case a dude hadn't flown a powered A/C in over 10 years. Now you take a dude with 200 hours who went UPT-RPA and I get it from an IP perspective.

As far as the attitude, if it is being pissed off at the AF for their grossly negligent personnel management... Got it, right there with you. If it is a woe as me, I don't deserve this, this flying sucks, I wish I was XYZ, then I have little sympathy really.

Just my perspective.

On 9/5/2016 at 8:57 PM, Switch408 said:

I hope they were crushed by IPs on gradesheets and bros over a beer accordingly. I have no intention of rolling in to any flying squadron pretending my drone hours mean anything. Just happy to be going there dude.

in progress for the crushing...

To be sure, drones stunted my my professional growth. However, when I was fortunate enough to go down range in the mighty viper after my stint in the black hole, the 1400 hours I spent watching Hajis through the Robot one-eye had some very transferable skill sets. I knew the capes of the droids which came in very handy while strike planning on the fly with the Jtac/Droid operator in dynamic situations. Also, when you watch the bad guy for the amount of time I did/ you have, you gain an intuition about bad-guy behaviors and can sift through the chaff of a civilian tending his goats vs ISIS trying to camo an arty piece in a water truck. Be grateful to return/go to a manned platform, but once you gain some experience in your new airframe, don't be afraid to share your experiences.

BL, don't sell yourself short and good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 5

21 minutes ago, flyingdutchman said:

On drop night at UPT, do students find out their first base along with their aircraft assignment, or do they find out their base assignment during/after FTU? 

In the middle of FTU.

2 hours ago, flyingdutchman said:

On drop night at UPT, do students find out their first base along with their aircraft assignment, or do they find out their base assignment during/after FTU? 

AFPC does not know where they are going to send you until about half way through FTU like Jaded said. When you have almost another year till you arrive to your first CAF assignment, that is many VMLs away and AFPC has not been known to plan that far into the future well.

2 hours ago, flyingdutchman said:

MAF school houses are much shorter than CAF school houses.  Some -- like the KC-10 -- are in-house at their respective bases.  MAF co-pilot courses are typically a TDY enroute to a PCS which is why MAF assignments typically come with bases attached.  Yes, the C-130 school house is typically a PCS -- just barely.  CAF courses are a PCS where you find out your first operational base sometime during your B-course.

As for the FAIPs, well... 

HOW ABOUT THAT EN 16-08 DROP LAST WEEK... ANYBODY?!

Edited by ColoradoAviator
  • Upvote 1

That's weird. Is there excess Phase III capacity at SPS? Under producing Phase II?

Regardless, I'd bet it's a welcome upgrade for the lucky two (Enid to WF).

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

It's all three UPT bases sending people. There were a total of 6 sent last time. SPS has "excess capacity" in phase three. Don't not the root cause though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty easy to have excess capacity when you take all additional duties and deployments that the T-38 guys were doing and force them on the T-6 guys.

• Upvote 1

"yeah i liked the atmosphere back in mq-1's better...i miss it"

Maybe your sq sucks; I'd be more worried if the attitude issues were things like not studying tactics etc. But I was really referring to the flying problems. At face value, turning left isn't different from one airframe to the next.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums
  • Downvote 1

does not suck. 

attitude of new guy does suck. 

every plane with a sensor is now ISR at some capacity.

Still nothing of substance. You're essentially just bashing someone on a difference of opinion.

And your sq environment could absolutely be terrible without you knowing, if for instance you're the prick commander's pet and you just don't see it because your world is rainbows and unicorns.

• Downvote 2