Track Selects and Assignment Nights

Guest oliwoody

Congrats to all of the recent grads, and welcome to the best ride of your lives.

Best ride of their lives? Why didn't someone tell me BQzip's mom was gonna be at assignment night?

XL 16-10

T-38s

T-6 FAIP

A-10

F-22

T-1s

C-17 x 2

MC-130J x 2

C-130J

U-28 x 2

KC-135

MQ-1 x 2

T-6 FAIP

There were a few Guard and Reserve in addition to them, but I didn't catch them. That is most of the AD studs, but might have missed a couple.

The big difference is the T-1 track can absorb more studs there for they can take the hit. The 38 studs are usually the top half of the class and I believe that is being respected. Give them what they want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Chuck Noland said:

I think it's funny the MQ-1/9s are dropping exclusively out of T-1s, while we have C-17s and C-130s dropping for 38s...so they're sending MAF dudes to drop bombs...and CAF dudes to haul trash...makes sense. 

There is nothing about the T-38 track that prepares you to drop bombs so why does it matter?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Grouch said:

Are these UPT to RPA assignments supposed to be a 3 year controlled, or are they planning on keeping them there?

It's a A tour for us. It's coded so on VMPF. I had a instructor call our functional last year when I left my UPT base and AFPC confirmed that, and that after 3 years we all have the option to do as we please with in reason. As discussed in the other thread, all the intial 18x guys commitments  are up in 2019, and us first round direct guys would also be up. If AFPC can foresee that shit show all going down I can see them shafting us. But as we know AFPC is a reactive force, so I think the guys that can get out before mid 2019 have a honest shot of flying again 

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, cloud said:

EN 16-06

US:
F-35 Select
T-38A Tyndall
F-15E x 2
A-10 x 2
F-15C
F-16
T-6 FAIP

B-1 x 2
B-52

Looks like the "crisis" levels are starting to affect drops a little more respectively (relative to previous EN drops).

The "crisis" is not going to affect UPT drops at all, since the bottleneck is the B-course throughput. Unless, of course, A3 is successful in their quest to cut B course sorties by 40% (which, by the way, should result in more crashes, fewer airplanes in the inventory, and fewer pilots required!)

Anyone have an idea on what's going on with UPT class sizes? I'm starting training at VN soon and my class size just jumped overnight into the 30s. I've never seen a class of this size, that I can recall. Also, what's the deal with 38s is afpc allowing more studs to go 38s or is it promises like RPAs won't drop in the fy17 classes? 

52 minutes ago, hispeed7721 said:

if the class size is increasing, I would surmise that the ratio of T38:T1 increases accordingly. as for the overall increase in class size, its the standard pendulum swing of AFPC

Class sizes are increasing and more people will be going to T-38s with more heavy/non-fighter options being dropped.  This is directly from leadership...