Track Selects and Assignment Nights

Guest oliwoody

Dammit we were almost back on track lol! I guess mc-12 to RPA stuff is kinda assignment material though.

But while we're at it, this is scoobs:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r-M_GqSEDDk

My theory is that the Chinese are responsible for the baseops outage during the last week, they were data mining for opsec leaks!

So anyways back to the track selects and assignment subject, what's the deal with del rio not being allowed to make videos for drop nights? (I heard they can't make em there anymore)

Edited by xcraftllc

Dammit we were almost back on track lol! I guess mc-12 to RPA stuff is kinda assignment material though.

But while we're at it, this is scoobs:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r-M_GqSEDDk

My theory is that the Chinese are responsible for the baseops outage during the last week, they were data mining for opsec leaks!

So anyways back to the track selects and assignment subject, what's the deal with del rio not being allowed to make videos for drop nights? (I heard they can't make em there anymore)

Because something something fraternization, something investigations, something something unprofessional. That probably about covers the leadership's explanation for no videos.

And why is there ZERO posting of Vance drops?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard there has been a crackdown in that leadership wants UPT grads to have their morale crushed earlier in order to have an accurate and realistic view of their next 10 yrs.

Too many people graduate UPT still believing what they were taught at the zoo/ROTC.

• Upvote 5

CBM 15-11

Japan f15

c17 ang

c17 res x 2

c130 ang

kc135 ang

Kc135 McConnell

rc135 offitt

kc135 Fairchild

f15e Seymour Johnson

kc135 Fairchild

Ac130 Hurlburt

japan f2

t6 faip cbm

C17 travis

f15c

c17 Charleston x2

• 3 weeks later...

Studs at DLF were officially notified that RPAs will be dropping again starting next class.

Look at the RPA thread in this forum. CBM was informed too. (some dude posted the entire email that was sent out).

Look at the RPA thread in this forum. CBM was informed too. (some dude posted the entire email that was sent out).

Any chance you can hyperlink that RPA thread you mentioned (can't seem to find it). Also if anyone of the older wiser dudes have good intel on what happens after you drop RPAs from UPT that would be great. Got some studs here at Shepp asking me about it and I don't know what to tell them since I have zero SA on that situation. I would assume that the AF would screw them over after their 3 year tour in RPAs and not give them a fighter/bomber reassignment (my AF cynicism).

Also ENJJPT leadership has kept the RPA thing pretty close to the chest from current students however the new ones in processing got a brief to expect 2 dudes from each class to drop RPAs not necessarily based on how well they do in UPT. The next class to drop (next Friday July 24th) just got their dream sheets handed back to them and told to rank RPAs....

Being an RPA pilot sucks a big floppy donkey dick. Will the USAF honor a promise to send them on to a manned aircraft in 3 years ... maybe. The last bunch of UPT directs escaped, but some are being nonvolled back. Why these filthy noobsauces should get a ticket out while those of us who earned a better life in UPT and were pulled into this nightmare second assignment are stuck forever I do not understand. I should have joined the fucking Navy.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

...the new ones in processing got a brief to expect 2 dudes from each class to drop RPAs not necessarily based on how well they do in UPT.

What is it based on then?!

ETA: here's the thread you're looking for. Just the latest couple pages:

Edited by spaceman

Will the USAF honor a promise to send them on to a manned aircraft in 3 years ... maybe.

What's this 'promise' you speak of? Was this a signed contract and verified through legal? A 'promise' that is not legally binding is only worth as much as people believe the person making the promise will honor it. The AF has always said one thing and done another because of the 'best interests of the AF'. Sometimes luck works out so that the 'promise' is fulfilled, sometimes it's not.

A lesson for the younger guys: If you don't like the odds you're given/question your ability to avoid what you may perceive as less desirable options available, then don't take the deal, ie in this case, go to UPT. But if you want to go to UPT, want to serve as an aviator (in whatever capacity that could mean), then go for it!

I definitely should have put scare quotes around "promise". Nice shot; valid for release, impact and effects. I got the info from the af.mil article on fixing the RPA enterprise.

For what it's worth man, I empathize with someone who got dropped/non-vol'd to RPA's...just like I would any service member who got an assignment out of left field that they did not want. Though these days it shouldn't come as a surprise that's it's a very real possibility. But I truly value the work and sacrifice you RPA guys make...not just the fact that you're flying an aircraft while sitting 1G, 0 knot, but also because I know the long hours you guys put in and that it doesn't seem to be getting much better (from what I've heard?).

But in the end, we serve at the pleasure of the AF for the agreed upon time. That being said, I don't feel sorry for Big Blue when people finally say they've had enough and decide to leave in droves when their time is up--the biggest vote we have is with our feet.

Good luck man.