Track Selects and Assignment Nights

Guest oliwoody

After the drop, the one RPA guy was hanging out at the bar with his buddies and the other one stormed off to go pout behind the Club. Some of his friends eventually found him and tried to cheer him up. A couple IPs tried to set him straight, but the dude wasn't really listening to anybody. Some other dude went off on him, something about preds keeping people alive and how he shouldn't be so selfish about things. I have no idea how it ended. This isn't rumor, it's what I saw first-hand (which is why it probably sounds pretty incomplete).

I'm guessing the guy yelling got UAVs out of pilot training, and knows exactly how this dude feels...

I really don't blame the dude, although I would have just left and not made an ass out of myself by staying there. Why does everyone think that these dudes have to be all rays of sunshine when they get a UAV? I can see giving the dude $hit if he was pouting about not getting the MANNED aircraft of his choice. But for a dude that just got handed 10 years (I hope the AF isn't still feeding them BS about a follow on manned a/c, we all know that's a lie) in preds. I wouldn't look down on him if he just walked out for the night. What matters is that tomorrow he dusts himself off and moves on. Save the "he should just be happy to be in the AF...blah blah" I get it it....still doesn't mean he has to be happy about the assignment.

When dudes got Tami'ed to UAV's everyone was like damn dude, feel bad for you....sorry to hear that. Noone was yelling at them, telling them they should just be happy they even got xx assignment. I even remember reading about how, one of our very own on this forum, was pissed when he got FORCED into A-10s from helicopters...but like any good officer he shook it off and moved on, as i'm sure this kid will.

On a totally unrelated note....WTF is up with them calling the RPA? First if was UAV, then UAS now RPA....seriously why the changes?

Edited by SocialD

The company line about follow-on assignments...where to begin? Some of the IPs here prefer to walk the line between parroting the muckey-mucks' claims about follow-on bliss, versus calling the leadership a bunch of liars. That is, yes the official story is that RPA guys will get a manned aircraft assignment after doing their time in the metal container. However, the IPs (if asked) will sometimes point out the fact that they've never met a person who has benefited from those supposed opportunities.

The term RPA and its history is a topic for another thread altogether, but the short answer to me is because it implies an actual person manipulating the controls for an air-breathing aircraft. This is different from satellites (which could somehow be lumped into the UAS concept) or some kind of fictional "fully autonomous self-aware Terminator flying thing of death" (which is what clueless people might think, based on the term UAV).

Whoever gave this dude shit needs to go fuck themselves...I get the big blue party line...but give the guy one night...he needs to deal with it. Expecting him to embrace the suck an hour after he finds out is fucking stupid. These are real people with real lives...let him work it out himself over a few beers you fucking retards.

False. Anyone just getting an assignment now knew before they started UPT that UAVs were a possibility. If that possibility was/is unacceptable to them they shouldn't have started training.

Seriously? So this dude is getting hooked up then? Sure he would have known about UAVs, or RPAs or whatever they decide to call them this week, before starting pilot training, but unless he went to the academy (just kidding, but seriously) he worked his ass off for years before even getting to this point, well before they were getting dropped. And why does the date you started pilot training even matter? After busting your ass for that long, training to actually FLY aircraft, with the Air Force constantly ensuring you can meet the mental and physical rigors of manned flight, it's simply not right to make it all the way to graduation and know it was in vain and that you're going to be doing the same job that people without real flight experience, such as Army enlisted and Beta program graduates can do. And more than that, you're going to some of the s***iest locations to do it. Now don't get me wrong. RPA operators are doing one hell of a job and we need them. But students don''t go through +10 years of college/testing/endless nights of studying, planning on gaining the prestige, title and thrill of a medical doctor only to find out at the end that they are going to end up doing the same job a nurse can do...for their entire career. Does the Air Force have every right to do this to UPT studs? Absolutely. Is it still f***ed? You bet!

• Upvote 1

Since it hasn't been posted: CBM 10-08

KC-135 Hickam ANG

C-5 Travis

KC-135 Grissom AFRC

Kc-10 McGuire (edit)

KC-135 Fairchild ANG

KC-135 Kadena

RPA Creech

C-130 Yokota

RPA Creech

T-1 CBM

KC-135 Macdill

C-5 Westover AFRC

C-17 Elmendorf ANG

C-17 Charleston

KC-135 Grissom AFRC

Edited by stoleit2x

Guest clsoar

XL 11-01 Track Select

7 T-38s (6 AD, 1 International)

3 T-44s (not sure which were AD)

1 UH-1

the rest T-1s

• 2 weeks later...

VN 10-09 Assignment night

T-38

U-28 Hurlburt

F-15E S Johnson

C-17 Charlston

RPA Creech (2X)

T-6 FAIP (2X)

B-52 Barksdale

E-3

KC-135 McConnell

F-16 Luke

T-1

T-1 FAIP (2X)

C-130H Little Rock

C-17 Elmendorf

C-130J

C-17 Travis

KC-135 McDill

RPA Creech (2X)

C-130H Pope

C-17 Charleston

RPA Cannon

Edited by Fast_N_Low135

CBM 10-09 AD

T-38

C17 MCGUIRE

F-15E SEYMORE

A-10

RPA CANNON

E-3 TINKER

T-6 CBM

B-52 BARKSDALE

T-1

KC135 FAIRCHILD

130H LITTLE ROCK

130J KEESLER

C17 DOVER

E-8 ROBBINS

C12 JAPAN

T-1 CBM

T-6 CBM

C21 GERMANY

RPA CREECH X2

Guest DoubleH

Heard through the rumor mill at XL that the drop for T-1s was as follows, may not be 100% accurate

5x C-130 to Little Rock, Ramstein, Cheyenne, Keesler, and Yakota (All Active duty)

2x C-17 to Charleston and McChord

1 E-8

1 T-1 Faip

2x RPA

Is the next Corpus drop going to have nothing but RPAs and AFSOC birds?

Anyone got the T-38 drop?

To Correct this:

The T-1 drop at XL was:

WC-130J Keesler (Reserve)

C-130 Keesler

C-130 Little Rock

C-130 Ramstein

C-130 Cheyene

C-130 Yakota

C-21 Ramstein

KC-135 Mildenhall

E-8 Robbins

T-1 FAIP

C-17 McChord

C-17 Charleston

RPA Creech

RPA Cannon

Guest nckysixx

Heard through the rumor mill at XL that the drop for T-1s was as follows, may not be 100% accurate

5x C-130 to Little Rock, Ramstein, Cheyenne, Keesler, and Yakota (All Active duty)

2x C-17 to Charleston and McChord

1 E-8

1 T-1 Faip

2x RPA

Is the next Corpus drop going to have nothing but RPAs and AFSOC birds?

Anyone got the T-38 drop?

Not quite... Corpus drop today...

MC-130P Eglin

MC-130 Kadena

C-130J Little Rock

C-130 Pope

C-130 Little Rock

C-130 Yokota

XL 10-10 Drop (all T-1s):

C-17: Dover* Charleston, McChord

KC-135: McConnell, Milwaukee*, McDill*, Seymour Johnson, Selfridge(?)*

T-1: FAIP

RPA: Creech x2 (according to the narrator, one of them specifically wanted it)

C-5: Dover

KC-10: McGuire

* = other than AD

• 2 weeks later...

Weekly Whiting Drop (17 June)

Air Force

4 x T-1

Nobody got 38's, and some got third on their list. Must be needing T-1 guys right now.

Last week their was a T-1 and UH-1. Slim pickens on the 38's the last two weeks. Generally plenty get dropped.