C-17 x 1
C-130 x 1
T-6A x 1 

Guard 
F-15C x 1

German
Eurofighter x 3
Tornado x 2

Holy mother of fighters! Merry F%$ing Christmas. 

Edited by Dynamite

Was the B-52 a special case?  Asking because earlier someone mentioned T-38s going solely to fighters unless specifically rec'd not to.  Good drop!

Also 2 U-28s, a CV-22, and MC-130 from tones... is AFSOC needing pilots for these?  I'm not sure whether or not it's unusual to have 4 spec ops drops.  Thanks!

The MC was a JS coord. The 52 guy was non-rec'd to fighters. Not sure on the other three.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1

FWIW I play a small role in the U-28 pipeline and they have new pilots and CSOs going through initial qual training every single month and have for years (i.e. this is steady-state ops).

What the community actually requires to sustain or improve manning levels, I'm not really read-in to that anymore, but every new ass in the seat means potentially one senior captain or major on the other end gets released to school/staff/cross-training/broadening.

BL: I see new copilots going through initial qual every month, so they should be dropping one or two from the UPT bases on a regular basis...if not every drop than every other drop I would imagine.

• Upvote 1

I might have asked a question which has already been answered. Seems the only -38 to bomber will be a non-rec'd to fighter... Otherwise the bomber pipeline seems to be trending towards T-1 rather than T-38. Wonder how they'll handle the "Now that I'm in T-38's, I don't want to do this type of flying" crowd? Think they'll say "Suck it up - Needs of the air force" or allow that person to go transfer to T-1's, then on to the airframe they get?

I see 3 options - suck it up, go bombers, quit/washout. Unless you're talking about being in the CAF in general, then option 2 is obviously n/a. I think people should know if they want the possibility of fighters or not towards the end of T-6s, prior to track select. I can't imagine this is a common problem (unless forced into 38s against will)

Edited by brabus
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tk1313 said:

I might have asked a question which has already been answered. Seems the only -38 to bomber will be a non-rec'd to fighter... Otherwise the bomber pipeline seems to be trending towards T-1 rather than T-38. Wonder how they'll handle the "Now that I'm in T-38's, I don't want to do this type of flying" crowd? Think they'll say "Suck it up - Needs of the air force" or allow that person to go transfer to T-1's, then on to the airframe they get?

I would look at the recent ENJJPT drop. All those dudes flew 38's, but they didn't all end up in fighters/bombers. When I went through there, we had guys that were all about fighters at the start and changed their minds throughout the course. Our Flight Commander found good assignments for them and it worked out. That was many moons ago, however. I know of a couple prior U-28 cso's that wanted to come back as pilots but were forced into fighters.

My unsolicited advice to studs now that don't want fighters would be to still do your best to earn some kind of leverage (minimal) but also don't take words of mouth too seriously. I remember the word on the street going through was that the Eagle community was so terrible and everyone was out to get you etc. I was freaked when I showed up to Klamath and it turned out to be totally awesome and the instructors were totally there to help out. 

Long story short is regardless of what you fly, you're going to have a great time with great people.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Danger41 said:

I would look at the recent ENJJPT drop. All those dudes flew 38's, but they didn't all end up in fighters/bombers. When I went through there, we had guys that were all about fighters at the start and changed their minds throughout the course. Our Flight Commander found good assignments for them and it worked out. That was many moons ago, however. I know of a couple prior U-28 cso's that wanted to come back as pilots but were forced into fighters.

My unsolicited advice to studs now that don't want fighters would be to still do your best to earn some kind of leverage (minimal) but also don't take words of mouth too seriously. I remember the word on the street going through was that the Eagle community was so terrible and everyone was out to get you etc. I was freaked when I showed up to Klamath and it turned out to be totally awesome and the instructors were totally there to help out. 

Long story short is regardless of what you fly, you're going to have a great time with great people.

As someone bound for Klamath/Tyndall eventually, that's very good to hear.

Edited by tk1313

2 hours ago, brabus said:

I see 3 options - suck it up, go bombers, quit/washout. Unless you're talking about being in the CAF in general, then option 2 is obviously n/a. I think people should know if they want the possibility of fighters or not towards the end of T-6s, prior to track select. I can't imagine this is a common problem (unless forced into 38s against will)

Not a single person is forced to be a pilot.  And as for the earlier question of if they will allow a stud in 38's who didn't want to be there to then flow to T-1's?...is this a serious question?  The question is definitely no.  Only possibility would be a medical issue arising for a stud in 38's where they couldn't complete the 38 program but could complete the T-1 program.  

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 9:40 PM, Ulysses said:

Anyone know anything about Vance's drop?

Here's the -38 drop.  Better late than never:

1 x F-22

2 x F-15C (1 guard)

1 X F-15E

2 X F-16 (1 guard)

1 X C-130J Yokota

1 X C-17 Charleston

I don't remember every T-1, but it was also a good drop.  A U-28, T-6, multiple C-17's and C-130's, KC-135's to great locations, etc.

11 hours ago, tk1313 said:

Not throwing a spear at you but anyone with the attitude above. Few things make me more angry than someone being a bitch on assignment night. Hell no I did not want my RPA, I stood up, shook my flight CCs hand, saluted, he gave me a bro hug and said sorry man, I drank my bottle of Jack, cheered for my bros that got killer assignments and moved on. UPT is a amazing experience and just graduating is a lifetime accomplishment. I will be more than happy to kick anyone in the nuts and give them a bitch slap for being bitter about being non vol to a fighter. 

We have way to many other problems in every community than to deal with people not liking there airframe straight out of UPT. 

Edited by viper154
Not smart enough to spell
  • Upvote 7

52 minutes ago, viper154 said:

Not throwing a spear at you but anyone with the attitude above. Few things make me more angry than someone being a bitch on assignment night. Hell no I did not want my RPA, I stood up, shook my flight CCs hand, saluted, he gave me a bro hug and said sorry man, I drank my bottle of Jack, cheered for my bros that got killer assignments and moved on. UPT is a amazing experience and just graduating is a lifetime accomplishment. I will be more than happy to kick anyone in the nuts and give them a bitch slap for being bitter about being non vol to a fighter. 

We have way to many other problems in every community than to deal with people not liking there airframe straight out of UPT. 

i agree.

22 hours ago, Thor said:

Also B-2? Those are rare (it seems) drops anyways, but might as well ask.

Dunno on either the Bone of the B-2.  Our next class isn't completely from the Tone side.  We have a couple of ENJJPT non-fighter recommends, and the usual smattering of FAIPs.  I'd guess if one bomber is getting Toners, we all are, but that's just my $.02. 

15 hours ago, tk1313 said:

There have been a few instances of this. One of them was the #1 guy. The others were towards the bottom (and were non-vol'd to -38s). Non fighters were requested for them.

Also, it apparently looks bad if studs fail out of IFF or DOR, so I don't think you're going to find many that get non vol'd to fighters. Different bases might do things differently though.

I don't think B-2s will go to T-1s since the directs usually get qual'd as T-38A IPs first to build hours.

Maybe that's the case, but it's kind of irrelevant. U2s come from all walks and fly 38s. That's why there are dedicated IPs.

But at the end of the day, you're probably right.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

8 hours ago, BFM this said:

Maybe that's the case, but it's kind of irrelevant. U2s come from all walks and fly 38s. That's why there are dedicated IPs.

But at the end of the day, you're probably right.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

U-2 crossflows come with around 1000 hours from another MWS. T-38 directs go to PIT and act as IPs. A T-1 direct wouldn't be able to go to PIT and wouldn't get the "IP" experience. At least that's the reasoning I was told.

• Downvote 1

14 hours ago, LookieRookie said:

U-2 crossflows come with around 1000 hours from another MWS. T-38 directs go to PIT and act as IPs. A T-1 direct wouldn't be able to go to PIT and wouldn't get the "IP" experience. At least that's the reasoning I was told.

A T-6 FAIP who never flew the 38 (flew T-1 in UPT) went out to Beale for the U-2 and was made a 38 IP after a very short time...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, faipmafiaofficial said:

A T-6 FAIP who never flew the 38 (flew T-1 in UPT) went out to Beale for the U-2 and was made a 38 IP after a very short time...

What does a FAIP have to do with a T-1 direct?

Non T-38 UPT guys go to B-2 after their first tour.

Edited by LookieRookie
  • Downvote 1