WSO...No. Intel...Yes.

Guest ecutch

Guest ecutch

Two weeks ago I found out I lost my WSO slot but will be going to Intel Training instead. It's an acceptable trade. I'm actually very excited about being part of the intelligence community. Does anyone know much about Intel Training? How is San Angelo? What types of drops are there out of training? I'd really like to get into the special ops side of the intel world, specifically at McChord. Is there anything I can do to get there?

I think Intel school is around 8 months, and I've heard San Angelo is a pretty dry town. Don't really know anything about drops, but I'd say you'll probably end up going to an OSS somewhere first out of school. I think the guys with the flying units have a little more experience, but I don't know for sure.

On another note, what spec ops stuff are you talking about at McChord?

Originally posted by backseatdriver:

I think Intel school is around 8 months, and I've heard San Angelo is a pretty dry town. Don't really know anything about drops, but I'd say you'll probably end up going to an OSS somewhere first out of school. I think the guys with the flying units have a little more experience, but I don't know for sure.

On another note, what spec ops stuff are you talking about at McChord?

We have 1st and 2nd LTs in out intel shop. Not a lot of experience really.

Guest deweygcc

how did you lose the slot? And did you meet a guy that had a name like mufasa? let me know Im want to know hows hes doing.

Guest ecutch

My eyesight waiver was denied. From researching it, it seems that AETC/SG screwed up and didn't look at an eye test that I retook during my FC1A. They only looked at the first one with an old perscription that I failed. At this point I'm cool with doing intel and figuring out my options for flying on AD.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Shep

Don't forget those spec ops guys at Pope/Ft Bragg. You'll get your slot back in time, Eric.