Gate months

WHAP

On the notion that waivers are difficult to acquire:
I had to request a gate waiver due to surgeries and a long term DNIF. You have to submit all of your forms indicating your "status" from flight medicine. I had all the paperwork indicating me being DNIF. I received an OFDA waiver from the SECAF. I think they want the paperwork submitted at least a year out to not meeting your gate requirement.

Was this before or after you said no2bonus?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huh?

Your original account. Then you used hatedont, while using this account to like your own inane babbling. Does this seem at all familiar or are we dealing with a no-shit multiple personality disorder here?

• 2 years later...
On 9/24/2012 at 8:07 AM, DGods said:

Going from Nav to Pilot, you do not lose your gate months. Your flight pay also doesn't suffer, so even as a Co-pilot, you'll probably be making more in flight pay than the guy sitting next to you. However, your clock for senior/command ratings start over e.g. I'm a Major with over 9 years of flying service, but only have basic pilot wings.

But what about the time between when you stop flying and are waiting on casual status to start flying again. Could it stop in this time?

34 minutes ago, Flyingmonkey said:

But what about the time between when you stop flying and are waiting on casual status to start flying again. Could it stop in this time?

It has to do with the API codes in the SARM reg, but gate months accrue until the fourth month after your last flight if I recall correctly as long as you are still in a correctly coded billet. 

I’ll take a second look. 

Edit: if the question was flight pay, that should not stop as long as your physical is current 

Edited by SurelySerious

1 hour ago, Flyingmonkey said:

Gate months can stop, I don’t remember if it’s 4 or 6 months from your last flight. Caveat is that if you are enrolled in a flying training course your gate months keep going even if you have more than 4/6 months. That happened to me cross flowing airframes, I was in academics for awhile because of a back log, talked to my SARM shop and they explained the above to me.  If you are truly casual and not enrolled in a course you could loose months, or so the airman at the desk said. I don’t have pubs/references to back that up so take it for what it’s worth. 

4 hours ago, Flyingmonkey said:

3 hours ago, SurelySerious said:

It has to do with the API codes in the SARM reg, but gate months accrue until the fourth month after your last flight if I recall correctly as long as you are still in a correctly coded billet. 

I’ll take a second look. 

Edit: if the question was flight pay, that should not stop as long as your physical is current 

Check 11-401 Chapter 2. It’s a little convoluted, but they accrue while in a flying billet of some sort, and if you fly at least every fourth month. There are a bunch of tables (API for ofda “gates”), but Paragraph 2.5 starts talking about it. The ASC tables and graphs are for flight pay. 

23 hours ago, Flyingmonkey said:

You are not on active aeronautical orders while on casual status.  AOs begin the first day of class.

So you will just loose gate months but not flight pay correct? 

Your first AO will start when you start training. Unless something crazy goes on your AO will stay active until you go to a staff job. While you are in the training pipeline your AO won’t change. You will get flight pay and accrue gate months.

On 1/31/2020 at 2:33 PM, Flyingmonkey said:

So you will just loose gate months but not flight pay correct? 

Are you asking about casual before pilot training begins or after wings but before FTU?

Before pilot training, you’d have to ask your SARM about your individual case.

Between wings and FTU you keep gate months and flight pay unless you go long term DNIF. 

On 2/2/2020 at 5:07 PM, Tunes3 said:

Are you asking about casual before pilot training begins or after wings but before FTU?

Before pilot training, you’d have to ask your SARM about your individual case.

Between wings and FTU you keep gate months and flight pay unless you go long term DNIF. 

I am a navigator right now with 84 gate months. Going to be on casual for UPT for about 1 month and probably at least 4 months before I start flying. So I am wondering if I will loose flight pay. I am 99% sure I won’t. 
The big picture is I took the AVB for my AFSC (12R) and in that contract the only way you loose the bonus is If you stop getting flight pay. (This is the abbreviated version but essentially correct.) so I am just seeing how that will go. As far as I can tell as long as I don’t go DNIF for more than six months it shouldn’t be an issue. 

As long as you don’t go 3 months (beyond the first day of the fourth month was the exact verbiage) before you start you should be good. The second you start you get put on a new AO and receive flight pay.

Earning Gate month is tied to your UMD billet (pay attention to API codes in 11-401) and if you’re actively flying. If you’re assigned to an active flying billet and don't log a flight every three months, you then could “lose” a month.

Flight pay is tied to being medically qualified. As long as you’re not DNIF longer than 365 days, or miss your annual Flight PHA you’ll receive your flight pay.

If you’ve earned the appropriate number of OFDA time, you will continue to receive your flight pay in a staff or non-flying billet. If applicable, there are waivers for missing your OFDA “gates”.

Edited by jrizzell
Grammar