XL 06-01

Guest MLH

Anyone else know they're in 06-01 at Laughlin? Report dates? I'm there Sept 27. (Doesn't this make you other XL studs feel weird that we're starting 06?)

Guest uptSTUDXL

Is that your start date or your report date? It looks like the 04-14 guys are already inprocessing...

• 2 weeks later...

Soooooo anyone know they're headed that way soon? I got my travel date changed to 20 Sept - looking for someone else in that class....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tnkr007

Just found out today I will be starting Oct 12 at Laughlin as well. Someone cancelled and I got the slot. Any word on Laughlin?

There's lots posted about Laughlin in the spouse section and some in this one too. Basically, there's not much of a city, but Austin and San Antonio are close. I live in Austin now (graduated from UT), so I've been there more than a few times. I'm heading down there sometime between the 13 and 20 of Sept to move into the apartment...if anyone needs anything, let me know. When are you headed there?

Guest tnkr007

I'll check out those links. My orders begin Sept. 27. I think I'll head out that Monday, the 27th and get there around Wednesday. I think that will give me plenty of time to inprocess. I will be leaving from Birmingham, Al, about 850 miles away.

Guest patient

No, I'm not at XL yet...I'm about 4,000 miles away right now. I plan on inprocessing on 27 Sep, that is if my MPF ever gets going on my orders.

I had problems with orders also - they just somehow got put at the bottom of the pile, so we called and said we needed them and they faxed them right away

• 2 weeks later...

Guard, eh? It's looking like there will be a good mix of us there. Some friends of mine from earlier classes said about 15 people from our class are already checked in - mostly academy guys who are coming off that 60 days of leave. Good luck to you both with the move. Like I said, if you need anything, let me know. I'll already be down there and settled in.