A-10 (Warthog) Q&A

Guest sickels101

I just dropped A-10s. Could anyone shed some light on the state of the community these days? (F-35 Politics aside) I'm curious about the B-Course timeline, deployment cycles, and location details. I'm married, no kids and we love the outdoors. How are they doing Korean assignments these days? Accompanied/Remote? I Also heard that Spang is no longer A PCS. Thanks in advance.

Spang no longer has A-10's.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, the Panthers inactivated back on 18 June 2013. They're an A-29 squadron training Afghans at Moody now...

If you want overseas, the 25 FS at Osan's your only choice; and yes, as far as I know it can be a two-year, command-sponsored accompanied tour or non-command sponsored for a year. If the latter, you'd have to pay for your wife to fly over, but you'd get local OHA. I believe on-base housing is still somewhat limited. It's been a while since I've been there...

I just dropped A-10s. Could anyone shed some light on the state of the community these days? (F-35 Politics aside) I'm curious about the B-Course timeline, deployment cycles, and location details. I'm married, no kids and we love the outdoors. How are they doing Korean assignments these days? Accompanied/Remote? I Also heard that Spang is no longer A PCS. Thanks in advance.

B-course takes approximately 6-7 months and classes alternate between the 357th (Dragons) and the 47th (Termites). First assignment Korea dudes generally will not get command sponsored, but it is very doable to bring a spouse over on your own dime. Other possible assignments are the 354th at DM, the 74th/75th at Moody, and occasional TFI slots with the 303rd at Whiteman.

As far as deployments go, this page has way more info than should be available online about what A-10s have been doing around the world lately.