Good SAC movies

Guest Tyler

Guest Air_chompers

Hey anybody have links to good sites with video footage of SAC in-action STS. Like those propaganda films? I am doing a "multi-media" presentation. Also any links to footage of aircraft that were used in the cold war (yes tankers to) any help will be greatly appreciated.

Tyler,

Congratulations on finding something worthwile to do with your life; promoting the glorious and noble profession of aerial refueling.

Other good (and not so good) SAC movies:

A Gathering of Eagles

Strategic Air Command

Dawn's Early Light (Rebecca DeMornay holds a special little place in my heart, as a BUFF copilot and as an insane nanny)

Just go to an online gaming site. When the computer asks you if you want to play a game of chess, type in "Global Thermonuclear War" and see what happens

While your at it, rent "Iron Eagle", it's probably the best and most realistic movie ever made about the Air Force. It chronicles the heroic doings of a youngster like yourself, and really gives insight on the inner workings and strategic mission of the Air Force. Don't bother renting "12 O'Clock High," it really doesn't have a plot or any valuable information. :D

Originally posted by PAB:

Hey Bergman, still got that SAC patch, heard you took some shit for it at UPT...

Yeah, still got it. It is lost on the former TAC guys at my unit, however.

I did take some heat for wearing it at the club. It worked out OK...he was only the Deputy OG. :D

By Dawn's Early Light - great film, but were they skinny people or was it an oversized Buff?

Don't forget Top Gun while you're at it, ok it's Navy but still good for a laugh (turn the volume up and it'll keep house cats amused for hours too!)