Promotion and PRF Information

Guest e3racing

Keeping an ID isn't as useful as it once was

ti get into base your card gets scanned and only your most current card is recognized.  The others are taken and you will be in trouble for using an old card

if you aren't even in the military anymore, it will be worse

You also have to scan your ID  to use the commissary.  

They are pretty worthless now, unless you want to get 15% off at your fav restaurant

Letters to the board must be written by the member being considered for promotion. However, they can include a letter you write as an attachment to their letter to the board if they choose to write one. Mypers has a a pretty good section about what is/is not allowed on this subject.

Edited by osulax05

12 hours ago, Danger41 said:

Recently had 2 guys in my flight not make Major whom I think are deserving. Am I allowed (as their Flight Commander) to write a letter to the board on their behalf for their APZ look?

So the flight commander thinks they should have been promoted but nobody else up their chain of command thinks so? I think your efforts are better spent communicating with the senior rater and figuring out what they need to do to get the APZ DP (Wing Exec/staff/CAG, etc.).

Unless something was wrong in their record, in which case maybe it can be corrected for a supplemental.

Edited by Homestar

5 hours ago, Longhorn15 said:

I was told 84% as well by my SR.  Not exactly sure what it means though.  Is that an overall number, is it based on the number IPZ?  Anyone know?

The promotion opportunity was 84%:

- There were 1,727 people considered for promotion In the Promotion Zone (IPZ)

- 1,451 total were promoted (a number equal to 84% of the IPZ pool)

- The reality is that folks selected Below and Above the Promotion Zone (BPZ and APZ) "stole" some of that promotion opportunity from the IPZ group:

-- 145 were selected for promotion BPZ, and 62 APZ. This meant only 1,244 were promoted IPZ out of a pool of 1,727 candidates, for an IPZ promotion rate of 72%

-- The net effect is that BPZ and APZ folks decreased the IPZ rate by 12%. 

The point is this: those who stay on active duty have a surprisingly good chance of making O-5. For the current IPZ year group, about 84% who made O-4 and bother to stay on active duty will end up getting promoted to O-5. The top 8% were already selected BPZ at a prior board. The top 72% of those left over were just selected as "on time" IPZ types. Another 4% will get picked up APZ at a future board. The Air Force's plan to grow the force (which should mean more O-5 and above requirements) and airline hiring (which will reduce competition) means you guys are in the cat bird's seat. 

TT

11 hours ago, Homestar said:

DP will be near 100%, P will be around 50%. There is your most important marker.

I disagree. The point is, with an 84% O-5 promotion opportunity, you will pin on Lt Col, so long as you're not in the bottom 16% of your commissioning year group who: (a) made O-4, and (b) bothered to stay on active duty. 

- Having a DP going into a board is awesome, but--again--as long as you're somewhere close to the middle of the pack relative to your peers, you will pin on silver oak leaves

One more thing: gender matters. 

- 174 females were selected for O-5 (total--BPZ, IPZ and APZ). There were 188 IPZ female eligibles; this equates to a female promotion opportunity of 92.5%

- 1,277 males were selected for O-5, when there were 1,539 IPZ male eligibles; this equates to a male promotion opportunity of 83.0%

If you really want to get promoted, be a girl. 

TT

• Upvote 2

"One comeback as a fighting falcon driver.....and I'm done." -says the F16 pilot ragging on Eagle drivers. Very similar to the single engine. One engine and I'm done.

I know that, as an Eagle driver, you'll probably enjoy doing this:

56d75b2b6b621_ImageUploadedByBaseopsNetw

• Upvote 2

Okay. Hold on. I'll google something funny that I didn't make or think up and repost it here......oh wait you've already done that.

I guess you could have drawn that by yourself. I shouldn't assume, like you did that I'm an Eagle Driver. In that case I cross referenced your drawing of the anus and internal rectal cavities with some pictures I found online......and it looks like your personal knowledge of the male rectal cavity is spot on! Nice work.

On a completely unrelated note what does Ram stand for?

This is awesome, I'd have to say that Ram has the upper hand though.

Edited by Spoo
  • Upvote 2

I don't expect someone of your "persuasion" to realize something like this, but the pictured anatomy was that of a woman.

I guess expectation bias theory is true, and you really do see what you WANT to see.

Also, I'm sure those "pictures you found online" probably came from the Eagle Bros Dating App.

Seriously, it's like you guys can't help yourselves. Too easy.

• Upvote 1