Promotion and PRF Information

Guest e3racing

When asked, my CC stated that he just received an email that the release was delayed 2 months. I'm 99% sure he is messing with me. I told him that I think he's full of $hit, he said "we'll see."  I guess he's trying to kill boredom in AETC. 

8 hours ago, SnapLock said:

Prove it.

I know it's completely unfathomable, but perhaps the Air Force has a plan to give Commanders SA?  You know, so they aren't blindsided and are better able to inform their folks and deal with the good or bad consequences?  There's a reason it's called a PUBLIC release.   

Edited by Spoo

This is one of the few years where a board result has been delayed and the next board has been moved earlier by 5 month, so they overlap

wing kings don't want their people spinning their wheels making PRFs for those they don't have to

its a lengthy process

Edited by bennynova

Metrics (unconfirmed RUMINT) to spread. All pilots with DPs were promoted. 78% of pilots with a P and SOS complete were promoted. 27% with a P and APZ were promoted.

I saw one too, but it was for promotion to O-3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6d46e2d65080abe014f8008c199140e9.jpg

Because we all know that is an accomplishment.

On 1/21/2016 at 6:35 PM, ihtfp06 said:

20 hours ago, di1630 said:

Yeah but these are millenials...they have been celebrating "participation awards" since their pee-wee soccer days as if they were in the NFL draft.

Because you guys didn't celebrate a $800 paycheck bump when you made double-first lieutenant?  You know how big of a deal it is to be mistaken for someone who might know what they are doing.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, di1630 said:

Yeah but these are millenials...they have been celebrating "participation awards" since their pee-wee soccer days as if they were in the NFL draft.

I think you've forgotten just how shit on you were as a Lt.  I haven't.  I had a Col who wouldn't acknowledge me start conversations with me 10 min after I pinned on the tracks.  He did the pinning....  But before that.. just a Lt.  They 14 years of prior-service = nothing.

Bet your ass I celebrated.

Because you guys didn't celebrate a $800 paycheck bump when you made double-first lieutenant?  You know how big of a deal it is to be mistaken for someone who might know what they are doing.

Sure didn't. Too busy in FTU....We did celebrate actual accomplishments though. Our FTU solo party had nice strippers but that was more about an excuse to get strippers than celebrating the 3rd jet we solo'd in.

You have a pay chart, you can advance celebrate your next pay raise too. Don't forget that 1% in Jan....invite me to your BAH increase party. Nice work in advance. You are a winner, special and don't let anyone tell or make you feel otherwise young-special-snowflake-1st LT on the way to Capt. Congrats again.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 8

Wow salty dog, you managed to include sarcasm, cynicism, and snarkiness all in one post. I believe you've met your objective for the day, sounding experienced and bitter. I am in awe of your prowess at belittling the new Captain.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, di1630 said:

Sure didn't. Too busy in FTU....We did celebrate actual accomplishments though. Our FTU solo party had nice strippers but that was more about an excuse to get strippers than celebrating the 3rd jet we solo'd in.

You have a pay chart, you can advance celebrate your next pay raise too. Don't forget that 1% in Jan....invite me to your BAH increase party. Nice work in advance. You are a winner, special and don't let anyone tell or make you feel otherwise young-special-snowflake-1st LT on the way to Capt. Congrats again.

We-Got-A-Badass-Over-Here-XP-Level-Up-So

• Upvote 1

You miss the "any excuse for a party" rationale.  During a TDY to Vegas, we had 7 guys get promoted.  They put together quite the soiree complete with political incorrect implications of excess alcohol and strippers invited but in a non-working capacity.  Apparently that whole pole thing is a lot more physically demanding than I thought if the number of ladies wearing knee and ankle braces is an accurate indication.  Guys were still rolling back to the hotel at 3pm the next day.  So, enjoy what you can, when you can because, otherwise, all there is left is bitching and complaining.

• Upvote 5

8 hours ago, TreeA10 said:

You miss the "any excuse for a party" rationale.  During a TDY to Vegas, we had 7 guys get promoted.  They put together quite the soiree complete with political incorrect implications of excess alcohol and strippers invited but in a non-working capacity.  Apparently that whole pole thing is a lot more physically demanding than I thought if the number of ladies wearing knee and ankle braces is an accurate indication.  Guys were still rolling back to the hotel at 3pm the next day.  So, enjoy what you can, when you can because, otherwise, all there is left is bitching and complaining.

This.  Parties make the world go 'round.  I don't care about the reason.  You got promoted in the same timeframe good dudes and dudettes got the RIF, or non-vol'd, or...?  Party.

Party about small victories over the machine until you have an opportunity to fix it.  Then:

1) Do the right thing.

2) Party.

• Upvote 2

There's a difference between partying for said promotion to captain (which most definitely should and does happen) and self congratulations on Facebook thanking everyone for how hard earned your promotion to Capt was just to make yourself seem like you've earned something.

I'm assuming that's where the point was supposed to go.