Jump to content

Promotion and PRF Information


Guest e3racing

Recommended Posts

Question for the masses:  have an individual that has an award but no accompanying citation (nobody can find it).  Member up for promotion soon.  Anyone run into this?  Recommendations?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well Gents, it’s been fun but Duck is now a twice passed over Captain on his way out the door. I appreciate all of you who reached out and offered me advice throughout the years. I know that I will ha

They are missing WHY dudes are disgruntled. I've been around a long time, as you have. There have certainly been boom and bust cycles for morale. This one is far different than what I think can f

Yes...and shockingly, got picked up 1 APZ with a 5/10 push line and P on the PRF. Sometimes there is justice in the system.

Posted Images

Question for the masses:  have an individual that has an award but no accompanying citation (nobody can find it).  Member up for promotion soon.  Anyone run into this?  Recommendations?


Have you checked in the member’s PRDA? If it’s not there, maybe contact award originator.


Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app
Link to post
Share on other sites
Question for the masses:  have an individual that has an award but no accompanying citation (nobody can find it).  Member up for promotion soon.  Anyone run into this?  Recommendations?

I’ve had two from CENTCOM that I had physical copies of and had to get uploaded manually by FSS, but I’m guessing that’s not the case for your guy.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, slc said:

Question for the masses:  have an individual that has an award but no accompanying citation (nobody can find it).  Member up for promotion soon.  Anyone run into this?  Recommendations?

Make sure the individual did ASBC, SOS in correspondence, SOS in residence(8 weeks), Masters, ACSC and plan the squadron Christmas party. Those should eliminate the award/medals/combat/deployed time and other “useless” data points for the board. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Make sure the individual did ASBC, SOS in correspondence, SOS in residence(8 weeks), Masters, ACSC and plan the squadron Christmas party. Those should eliminate the award/medals/combat/deployed time and other “useless” data points for the board. 


Funny you mention ASBC. I was on leave visiting my wife at ASBC and decided to drag my hung-over self to the field to watch her flight play flicker ball (or whatever it was called). After a few minutes of me trying to figure out WTF was going on the ASBC Sq/CC walked over and started taking to me. He made it clear I had to go to ASBC after UPT and before the FTU or else I wouldn’t make Major “because the folks on my O-4 board would be ASBC grads and would notice the lack of PME.” The joke’s on him. I heard he was quietly showed the door as an O-5 and here I am as an O-4 that only went to Maxwell for SOS. Little victories.


Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app
Link to post
Share on other sites

So about 2 more weeks until the AF affirms, again, that I am in the bottom 10% of all promotable O-4s? I was even forced to plan the SES Holiday party last year too, so hopefully the board took that into consideration.

I probably won’t actually find out until the list is publicly released since I have been mothballed to the CSA that the 14N’s send only the undesirables too.

Edited by 14N Guy
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 14N Guy said:

So about 2 more weeks until the AF affirms, again, that I am in the bottom 10% of all promotable O-4s? I was even forced to plan the SES Holiday party last year too, so hopefully the board took that into consideration.

I probably won’t actually find out until the list is publicly released since I have been mothballed to the CSA that the 14N’s send only the undesirables too.

😂😂. they'll probably make the non-selects plan the 0-5 promotion party. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2020 at 8:18 AM, dream big said:

Cool story, where did they hurt you? 

Multiple safety briefings about dumb shit.  So, you know, the usual.  Until they arrived, it was chill, briefings went fast (so back to drinking, golfing, whatever) and our instructors left us alone after class.

I'm not salty about it, got some good stories.  I mean, beer pong until 0200 on a Wed produces good stories.

During a career brief they also told the visiting Gen that the F-35 was a "bad jet" that our adversaries were already doing better, and one asked how they were going too get breakfast before out "exercise" if the chow halls were closed that early.  Most took zero feedback about being chill since "they had already been in the AF for 4 years."

If anything it showed me why the, "Why can't the AF treat us like adults," refrain from Amn/Lt's gets grating very quickly.

SOS was a lot better.  Same amount of drinking, less people, better food, less bullshit.  Plus I had pilots (A10, C17) in my class who fucking ruled.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, 17D_guy said:

Multiple safety briefings about dumb shit.  So, you know, the usual.  Until they arrived, it was chill, briefings went fast (so back to drinking, golfing, whatever) and our instructors left us alone after class.

I'm not salty about it, got some good stories.  I mean, beer pong until 0200 on a Wed produces good stories.

During a career brief they also told the visiting Gen that the F-35 was a "bad jet" that our adversaries were already doing better, and one asked how they were going too get breakfast before out "exercise" if the chow halls were closed that early.  Most took zero feedback about being chill since "they had already been in the AF for 4 years."

If anything it showed me why the, "Why can't the AF treat us like adults," refrain from Amn/Lt's gets grating very quickly.

SOS was a lot better.  Same amount of drinking, less people, better food, less bullshit.  Plus I had pilots (A10, C17) in my class who ing ruled.

SOS was definitely hit or miss.  I loved my class but then I also heard a lot of horror stories.  Downtown Montgomery bars have been getting better and better.  On that note, the post-COVID digital SOS has got to be a hoot right now...

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2020 at 12:31 AM, Right Seat Driver said:

 


Funny you mention ASBC. I was on leave visiting my wife at ASBC and decided to drag my hung-over self to the field to watch her flight play flicker ball (or whatever it was called). After a few minutes of me trying to figure out WTF was going on the ASBC Sq/CC walked over and started taking to me. He made it clear I had to go to ASBC after UPT and before the FTU or else I wouldn’t make Major “because the folks on my O-4 board would be ASBC grads and would notice the lack of PME.” The joke’s on him. I heard he was quietly showed the door as an O-5 and here I am as an O-4 that only went to Maxwell for SOS. Little victories.


Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

 

Maybe it was my lack of ASBC that caused me to be passed over for O-5 last year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 08Dawg said:

Bros have been saying it’s like cramming a masters class into five weeks. Fun like a toothache...

I can't imagine how they got enough material for that.  In person seemed like we were getting out early every day and even that was after they stretched the material as far as it would go.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jazzdude said:


 

 


If only there was an online program that covered the learning objectives of SOS in a distance learning type environment...

 

Agreed.... something online that can be a pre-requisite for attending in-residence when we get back to normal. Like 2007-2017.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If I were king for a day, I'd cancel all in-res PME and move to a purely online/correspondence system. The cost-benefit analysis supports that decision from a pure financial one (no more PCS, TDY, travel costs) and a manpower one (uh, Pilot Shortage anyone?), as well as break the strangle hold of the self-licking ice cream cone that are the "selects" and "DGs".

 

I think COVID lockdowns are exposing the paradigms society at large have been stuck in and we need to re-evaluate what fits in a new "internet of things" reality.

 

Unfortunately, I think it's self-licking that gets all the attention from Big Blue. That's an intentional word choice, btw...

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, GKinnear said:

If I were king for a day, I'd cancel all in-res PME and move to a purely online/correspondence system. The cost-benefit analysis supports that decision from a pure financial one (no more PCS, TDY, travel costs) and a manpower one (uh, Pilot Shortage anyone?), as well as break the strangle hold of the self-licking ice cream cone that are the "selects" and "DGs".

 

I think COVID lockdowns are exposing the paradigms society at large have been stuck in and we need to re-evaluate what fits in a new "internet of things" reality.

 

Unfortunately, I think it's self-licking that gets all the attention from Big Blue. That's an intentional word choice, btw...

If you are going to make me do PME by correspondence, then give me time to actually do it instead of telling me to do it in my off time. With actual time and if you do it right you could even make it more beneficial for people that put some effort into studying and through possibly networking. As something to do in my spare time I want to put as little effort into it as possible, and get little out of it. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GKinnear said:

If I were king for a day, I'd cancel all in-res PME and move to a purely online/correspondence system. The cost-benefit analysis supports that decision from a pure financial one (no more PCS, TDY, travel costs) and a manpower one (uh, Pilot Shortage anyone?), as well as break the strangle hold of the self-licking ice cream cone that are the "selects" and "DGs".

 

I think COVID lockdowns are exposing the paradigms society at large have been stuck in and we need to re-evaluate what fits in a new "internet of things" reality.

 

Unfortunately, I think it's self-licking that gets all the attention from Big Blue. That's an intentional word choice, btw...

I like this idea. I would take a step further and open it up to anybody that wants to do it, versus only allowing the top 20%. I would also tie in an option for folks do a career intermission to go to an in-person school for a Master's degree. I think one of the big problems facing the military is that we don't bring in a lot of the tools/ideas that work in the civilian sector, and that's because most leaders haven't been exposed to them. 

 

I did the ACSC OLMP and I enjoyed it. I won a research award (i got my name on a plaque at Maxwell), but, because it wasn't in-residence, it literally gained me nothing career-wise. So why does the AF currently offer this program if promotion boards/senior leaders don't feel they are worth the effort they ask folks to put into them?

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, 14N Guy said:

I like this idea. I would take a step further and open it up to anybody that wants to do it, versus only allowing the top 20%. I would also tie in an option for folks do a career intermission to go to an in-person school for a Master's degree. I think one of the big problems facing the military is that we don't bring in a lot of the tools/ideas that work in the civilian sector, and that's because most leaders haven't been exposed to them. 

 

I did the ACSC OLMP and I enjoyed it. I won a research award (i got my name on a plaque at Maxwell), but, because it wasn't in-residence, it literally gained me nothing career-wise. So why does the AF currently offer this program if promotion boards/senior leaders don't feel they are worth the effort they ask folks to put into them?

Don’t the OSBs only say IDE/SDE complete now? No mention of in residence or correspondence. 
 

Not sure about masters degrees since those are masked till O-6 anyways. 

Edited by Bigred
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...