Baseops Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest e3racing

Promotion and PRF Information

1 hour ago, Chromedome said:

What's taking so long for the Senate Armed Services Committee to approve the promotion list for O-4?  

Probably because the Senate is not in session until the 2nd week of September.

On 8/27/2019 at 1:31 PM, raimius said:

Thanks Obama

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

On 8/26/2019 at 10:31 PM, raimius said:

Super lame.....

Anyone in charge here?  This article does not mention promotion, but these concepts should be considered as we're about to overhaul the system. Take note.

"To find a solution without letting unvalidated assumptions dictate design, we eliminate solution-oriented language (e.g., "I need a car") and substitute problem-oriented language (e.g., "I need to be at work every day" or, even more simplified, "I need to accomplish work"). This is how we discover the value-basis for what we’re designing."

https://thestrategybridge.org/the-bridge/2019/7/8/keeping-off-the-grass

• Like 4

I found the major link as well. All it says for their actions is that it’s been referred to the Committee on Armed Services. Is that supposed to be updated when it’s scheduled to be discussed?

The bill pages just got updated with some new actions. I have no idea what they mean, but the committee is doing something with them today.

15 hours ago, Spaceballs said:

The bill pages just got updated with some new actions. I have no idea what they mean, but the committee is doing something with them today.

I saw it too.  Looks like its scheduled for vote on Monday.....hopefully we see increments posted the same day or the next.  I have a really low line number....I was supposed to promote 1 Sept but oh well.  Does anyone know if we get to put on right away after it is confirmed or do we wait until Oct 1. 

It should be the same day. AFPC said 1 Sept or Senate confirmation date, whichever is later. Im in the same boat where it should have been 1 Sept. 

8 hours ago, Chromedome said:

Doesn't look like they confirmed any of the promotion lists.....SMH.  

Indeed. It’s been sitting on their desk since the 18th, and in their office since July 22d...

12 hours ago, dream big said:

2006-2008 YG PRFs due to the wing in a few weeks, seems a bit early.  Are 0-5 boards rolling left for some reason? 

PRFs I don’t think 06 year group owes anything..... the new PRFs are 2 lines of SR verbiage.   If I have to write anything, it’s going to be PROMOTE TO GENERAL NOW

Now that the Senate has confirmed Major promotions, any idea if those individuals that were expecting to pin on September 1st are entitled to back pay? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

From what I saw on the MAF mentorship page, no back pay entitlement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No back pay, same thing happened last year with the O-5 release, just immediate pin on for those with a number that was already up. Not sure if the DOR was all the same or back dated tho.

Farewell, Line of the Air Force: Massive officer category broken out into six groups

The first promotion board to use the new categories will be the lieutenant colonel board scheduled to meet next March, Air Force personnel chief Lt. Gen. Brian Kelly said at the briefing.

https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your-air-force/2019/10/21/farewell-line-of-the-air-force-massive-officer-category-broken-out-into-six-groups/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=Socialflow+AIR

The complete list of career fields in each category is as follows:

Air Operations and Special Warfare, or LAF-A: pilot (11X), combat systems (12X), remotely piloted aircraft pilot (18X), air battle manager (13B), special tactics (13C), combat rescue (13D), tactical air control party (13L);

Space Operations, or LAF-S: space operations (13S), astronaut (13A);

Nuclear and Missile Operations, or LAF-N: nuclear and missile operations (13N);

Information Warfare, or LAF-I: cyber operations (17X), intelligence (14N), operations research analyst (61A), weather (15W), special investigations (71S), information operations (14F), public affairs (35X);

Combat Support, or LAF-C: airfield operations (13M), aircraft maintenance (21A), munitions and missile maintenance (21M), logistics readiness (21R), security forces (31P), civil engineering (32E), force support (38F), contracting (64P), financial management (65X);

Force Modernization, or LAF-F: chemist (61C), physicist/nuclear engineer (61D), developmental engineer (62E), acquisition management (63A).

“The promotion boards for officers in each developmental category will not be stacked entirely with officers from that same category, Kelly said, though some will be from that category. Instead, there will be a mix of officers, depending on the size of the board, to make sure the board gets an “institutional perspective.””

So how is that any different than what we have now?

~Bendy

1 minute ago, Bender said:

“The promotion boards for officers in each developmental category will not be stacked entirely with officers from that same category, Kelly said, though some will be from that category. Instead, there will be a mix of officers, depending on the size of the board, to make sure the board gets an “institutional perspective.””

So how is that any different than what we have now?

~Bendy

I believe the quote is poorly communicated.  I'm pretty sure Gen Kelly is referring to the makeup of the board.  All officers up for promotion will be from the same competitive category, but there will be a few board members from outside the cores represented to spice things up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, K_O said:

I believe the quote is poorly communicated.  I'm pretty sure Gen Kelly is referring to the makeup of the board.  All officers up for promotion will be from the same competitive category, but there will be a few board members from outside the cores represented to spice things up.

Still seems like it's defeating the purpose of splitting the categories.