Baseops Forums
Guest e3racing

Promotion and PRF Information

40 minutes ago, Breckey said:

I've never heard anybody call a PRC-152 a "Hook-152". You may be thinking of the PRC-112. The Hook-112 vs PRC-112 was to differentiate the radios that had the ability to send encrypted OTH communications versus only terminal area guidance to LARS/PLS equipped radios. The GPS fix of the radio is displayed as a "Hook" symbol on programs like BirdDog. The name stuck not because of antics but because it was effective in communicating the radios capabilities to other players rather than saying PRC-112A/B/G. Crews still denoted the old PRC-90 as a "Prick-90".

I’ve been to Nellis supporting 7 different weapons school classes, both as a JTAC and flying, and I’ve never heard a pilot refer to any radio that starts with ‘PRC’ as a prick. It’s always a ‘Hook’. And I’m talking about the PRC-152, 112, 117, and 158. 

32 minutes ago, norskman said:

wtf. What's your back ground?

Navy helos/JTAC, hence the ‘outside looking in’ comment. 

18 minutes ago, Bigred said:

I’ve been to Nellis supporting 7 different weapons school classes, both as a JTAC and flying, and I’ve never heard a pilot refer to any radio that starts with ‘PRC’ as a prick. It’s always a ‘Hook’. And I’m talking about the PRC-152, 112, 117, and 158. 

We call them "prick-xxx" in the B-1 community.  Not super-involved in the SAR side of the house, so can't say what those guys are doing.

• Like 1

And all of this happens  while there are GS jobs she is qualified and interested in, but for some reason don’t utilize spouse preference.

The reason is almost positively because if hired, there's a good chance they'll be leaving in 2-4 years...

3 minutes ago, jazzdude said:

The reason is almost positively because if hired, there's a good chance they'll be leaving in 2-4 years...

So, the kind of discrimination against the military that Delta is getting sued for?

57 minutes ago, Bigred said:

Navy helos/JTAC, hence the ‘outside looking in’ comment. 

Alright partner I can tell you that Air Force pilots are not punching due to the use of humorous word games. Actually quite the opposite. Sounds like you've got some gray hair so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but I recommend reading a few threads here on BODN to see root cause for pilot exodus. 

17 hours ago, Bigred said:

I’ll throw a grenade here, but the fact that you put (sts) behind a comment like that is also part of the culture/retention problem. It’s the same thing as flying in the 60s at Nellis and hearing all of the Air Force call it the ‘container’ vice ‘box’, or ‘Hook-152’ vice ‘prick-152’.

Flame away, but from the outside looking in, that’s an obvious contributor. 

Hey guys, I was totally ready to sign up for 9 more years of OPRs, PT tests, PCSs to shitty places, deployments to shitty places, a useless 365 resulting in missing seeing my kids grow up, crappy leadership, crappy support agencies, flying falling apart aircraft that are twice my age, creating trackers to track the other trackers, hustling strats to make O-5, 1206s, POCing some change of commands, getting chiefed for morale patches, commanders calls, SAPR briefs, resiliency training, my wife putting her career on hold for just another decade, my kids needing to go to 9 schools to graduate HS, sitting Sup/SOF, being forced to volunteer for BS to fill up OPR blank space, and some other crap I don’t want to think about. I was totally gonna keep doing all this shit.  

But then I heard another pilot say STS 6-9 times. So I’m getting the fuck out now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 5

2 hours ago, brawnie said:

High performing people marry high performing people.  And sometimes they do it without understanding 100% of what their military career implies for both of their lives.  

Spot on. I have never asked my old lady to sacrifice for me. Marrying or dating a high potential woman (HPW) means someone is going to have to sacrifice for every PCS. That can create strain, stress, and resentment in a relationship or marriage. 

Edited by Shazaam
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, ihtfp06 said:

Shazaam’s idea of a HPW.

Posting trashy photos here is kind of a bash against women. I don't know that lady, but I'm pretty sure she doesn't need you posting photos of her past here. Have a bit more respect. That is someone's wife, daughter, or she may not be on this earth anymore. Who knows.

If you are going to try and bash people wives or girlfriends who have successful careers despite loving a military man with their own successful career, then I highly suggest you look at the state of your marriage. Maybe there is some jealousy shrouded in your posts because your significant others Uber job just can't pay the bills anymore. She should stop giving out so many free rides, but at least when you PCS she will always have work.

Edited by Shazaam
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 5

44 minutes ago, ihtfp06 said:

Shazaam’s idea of a HPW.

I don't see the problem.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ihtfp06 said:

Shazaam’s idea of a HPW

Valid for a kill, kill called

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Glad I married a low performing woman. Life is so much easier without expectations.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Upvote 4

On 5/25/2019 at 1:26 PM, pawnman said:

So, the kind of discrimination against the military that Delta is getting sued for?

Nope, not at all. Your military status is explicitly protected under the law in every state. The spouse’s status is not in any. (Not a lawyer; happy to be wrong.)

As far as the spouse’s employer is concerned WRT letting an employee go: being rude or unable to show up on time and being married to a military member are the same. 

Mods: Sorry, massive derail.

5 hours ago, Chromedome said:

It Looks like they pushed the promotion release for the CY18D Maj to late June.  No explanation why....

Has the status at least moved on from USECAF?

The timeline between the board and estimated release date is very similar to 09’s timeline, however that was due to big Air Force not trusting their senior raters and re-scrubbing the records.  Looks like they are still figuring out this 100% thing.  

23 minutes ago, pawnman said:

Has the status at least moved on from USECAF?

Negative.  Still sitting with USECAF.  

19 minutes ago, dream big said:

The timeline between the board and estimated release date is very similar to 09’s timeline, however that was due to big Air Force not trusting their senior raters and re-scrubbing the records.  Looks like they are still figuring out this 100% thing.  

Agree.  Looks like they are still figuring it out.  

36 minutes ago, Chromedome said:

Negative.  Still sitting with USECAF.  

Agree.  Looks like they are still figuring it out.  

A1 roadshow guys said today the list is at SECDEF FWIW.

MyPers still says SECAF. I just don’t understand how it has been pushed back so many months without moving at all (unless potentially the SECDEF). I don’t see it being pushed through any time soon if it’s waiting on the SECDEF. 

Just checked again. It’s showing the Major board at the SECAF and the LtCol board at the SECDEF. Both estimated release dates are late June. 

I’ll check back in 2020.