Jump to content
Baseops Forums
Guest e3racing

Promotion and PRF Information

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

E's preach about the importance of a CCAF. I had a SNCO call another SNCO out for not having a CCAF. Go to Google and tell them you have your CCAF and you want them to hire you. I talked to the SNCO about the importance of leading and solving problems, but internally I kept feeling just like this in regard to the significance of a CCAF: 

 

tenor (2).gif

 

Edited by Shazaam
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll go to Google and tell them I’m a Weapons School graduate and want them to hire me. Think they’ll give a shit about that? What about a PJ? I doubt they’d care about his MFF qual or dive bubble. 

I’m not saying CCAF is the same as WIC or anything else, but everything in the military isn’t just a a way to pad your civilian resume. 

And if I worked at Google and some kid that had served honorably in the military for several years and did some professional development like CCAF along the way, I’d be very interested in that person as a candidate vice some guy that’s fresh out of college that knows how to smoke weed and exist through 4 years.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Danger41 said:

And if I worked at Google and some kid that had served honorably in the military for several years and did some professional development like CCAF along the way, I’d be very interested in that person as a candidate vice some guy that’s fresh out of college that knows how to smoke weed and exist through 4 years.

Google isn't going to pay you to sit there and watch their network stay down for hours like in the Air Force. Then said Airman sends out an email 5 hours after the fact to notify everyone. Forgetting, nobody has email access to read it anyway. 😂🤣😂🤣

Additionally, 70% of the men and women between the ages of 18-24 are ineligible to serve because of drug, weight, testing, or criminal issues. The remaining percentage is like a box of chocolates.

I see the reports of Airmen and NCOs who have done marijuana, cocaine, meth, and the list goes on. With states approving the use of marijuana, the military is bracing for a force hooked on marijuana like they experienced around the time of Vietnam. What did the military do back then to clean house? They kicked you out immediately. I was told whole offices were kicked out if they all tested positive.

 

Edited by Shazaam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Shazaam said:

You do realize 70% of the men and women between the ages of 18-24 are ineligible to serve because of drug, weight, testing, or criminal issues?

I see the reports of Airmen and NCOs who have done marijuana, cocaine, meth, and the list goes on. With states approving the use of marijuana, the military is bracing for a force hooked on marijuana like they experienced around the time of Vietnam. What did the military do back then to clean house? They kicked you out immediately. I was told whole offices were kicked out if they all tested positive.

Well, the military has figured out that marijuana is legal in a lot of places.  Marijuana use prior to joining the military is no longer disqualifying, regardless of how many times or how much you used.  They will still kick you out if you use it in uniform...but I wonder how long that will hold up if it becomes legal on a federal level.  I'd hazard a guess that many of us will see marijuana use become like alcohol use in the military...don't use it on duty, but off-duty use will be fine.

Edited by pawnman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Well, the military has figured out that marijuana is legal in a lot of places. 


A few weeks back I was visiting my parents in a state where MJ is legal and after dinner I grabbed for an artisan caramel I saw. Luckily my sister saw me because it was her edible MJ and stopped me.

I’m not sure what I would have done if I had eaten it. Tell the USAF and get screwed or hope I don’t get popped for a drug test.

What would you dudes have done?



Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know several people O and E who have had MJ before or during AD. The only ones who ever got in trouble were the ones who lied. An accident like that...tell the boss man and you should be just fine.


Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you get pooped for a urinalysis, isn’t your pee dumped in a batch with everyone else’s?

At that point if there is a failure, they call everyone back again?

also, how long would a chewable caramel even stay in your system?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, bennynova said:

If you get pooped for a urinalysis, isn’t your pee dumped in a batch with everyone else’s?

At that point if there is a failure, they call everyone back again?

also, how long would a chewable caramel even stay in your system?

From promotion to drug use discussion. Thread derailed. Here is a good article. It all depends I guess..https://orderediblesonline.com/how-long-do-edibles-stay-in-your-system/

Edited by Shazaam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bennynova said:

If you get pooped for a urinalysis, isn’t your pee dumped in a batch with everyone else’s?

At that point if there is a failure, they call everyone back again?

also, how long would a chewable caramel even stay in your system?

It's not tested as a batch.  Each sample is tested individually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, pawnman said:

It's not tested as a batch.  Each sample is tested individually.

I don't believe it.  I've been tagged twice in a month, and when I showed up the second time it was the same group of guys I shot the shit with a few weeks earlier.

Given how the bean counters love to save a penny it would make sense, especially since the pop rate is relatively low.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On April 27, 2019 at 10:06 AM, pawnman said:

Well, the military has figured out that marijuana is legal in a lot of places.  

Actuall, marijuana is still illegal in the US per federal law.  It's just that the main prosecutors of marijuana use is at the state level, and quite a few states now have legalized recreational marijuana use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand not being allowed to do it, but....

The military goes too far with it, even if you don’t smoke it you could lose your clearance even if you own part of a stock involved with it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, WheelsUp said:

I understand not being allowed to do it, but....

The military goes too far with it, even if you don’t smoke it you could lose your clearance even if you own part of a stock involved with it 

That isn't what the Pentagon is saying. 

 

https://taskandpurpose.com/stocks-marijuana

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, drewpey said:

I don't believe it.  I've been tagged twice in a month, and when I showed up the second time it was the same group of guys I shot the shit with a few weeks earlier.

Given how the bean counters love to save a penny it would make sense, especially since the pop rate is relatively low.

I think they "randomly" select people who can waste a couple hours without affecting the flying schedule.  I remember being on casual status prior to UPT and having to go pee in a cup three times in one two week period, including back to back days.  Either I was just available, or someone was spreading lies about me.  Same thing happened at my first base after UPT.  I don't get tested for over a year, go DNIF and get tested twice in a week again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, guineapigfury said:

I think they "randomly" select people who can waste a couple hours without affecting the flying schedule.  I remember being on casual status prior to UPT and having to go pee in a cup three times in one two week period, including back to back days.  Either I was just available, or someone was spreading lies about me.  Same thing happened at my first base after UPT.  I don't get tested for over a year, go DNIF and get tested twice in a week again.

The unit commander can’t order a specific individual to undergo a ‘random’ test. If the commander has reason to suspect a service member is/has used drugs, the commander can order a test but the individual must be informed of his rights and why the test is being administered. 

What usually happens, the ‘random’ test is generated via a computer and the person in charge of the program doesn’t change any variables from the previous text. 

For your specific case, what likely happened was that when you were in a flight status your name popped up on a list and the administrator marked you unavailable due to flight schedule, etc. When you went DNIF that no longer applied.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, guineapigfury said:

I think they "randomly" select people who can waste a couple hours without affecting the flying schedule.  I remember being on casual status prior to UPT and having to go pee in a cup three times in one two week period, including back to back days.  Either I was just available, or someone was spreading lies about me.  Same thing happened at my first base after UPT.  I don't get tested for over a year, go DNIF and get tested twice in a week again.

When I was DNIF, I was tested a lot in Phase II. Just one of those things because you are available. If you give a sample every week, that's someone on the schedule who doesn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was prescribed a legal dose of oxy after a visit to the ER.

I brought the RX to flight medicine the next day.... flushed the pills after a week.

I pissed six times in the next six months.

Haven’t pissed since.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bigred said:

The unit commander can’t order a specific individual to undergo a ‘random’ test.

Correct, or he/she can order his/her entire squadron to pee test.  One time I went into comply with such a lawful order and didn't pee enough to fill the cup to the line.  That was a mistake you only have to make once in your life.  2 hours and about a half gallon of water later I filled the cup...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Skitzo said:

Was prescribed a legal dose of oxy after a visit to the ER.

I brought the RX to flight medicine the next day.... flushed the pills after a week.

I pissed six times in the next six months.

Haven’t pissed since.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have been legally prescribed a medicine, you don't have to worry about popping hot. They look to see if you were authorized the meds based on your medical records/prescriptions. I assume there are reasonable time limits that goes with your prescription and DDRP.

Edited by Shazaam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/27/2019 at 5:44 AM, Danger41 said:

.And if I worked at Google and some kid that had served honorably in the military for several years and did some professional development like CCAF along the way, I’d be very interested in that person as a candidate vice some guy that’s fresh out of college that knows how to smoke weed and exist through 4 years.

Yeah....that's why you don't do hiring for Google. I'd put my money on that college kid being able to run circles around some government trained IT troop when it comes to coding. That kid was probably staying up at 4am every night in Palo Alto or Pasadena smoking weed and coding apps and video game mods with his buddies for the past 6 years, instead of having to worry about dorm inspections and showing up at 0600 for squadron PT or something.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a part time Reservist, I was tagged  for drug testing several times over a short period  of time which would irritate most anybody. Fortunately for me, the medical staff was poorly trained and in a hurry. This meant they were putting samples on common  work surfaces used by patients and medical staff. I merely documented those OSHA violations in an email to the WG/CC and cc'd the medical SQ/CC. That was 2003-ish I was never drug tested again and I retired in 2011. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, joe1234 said:

Yeah....that's why you don't do hiring for Google. I'd put my money on that college kid being able to run circles around some government trained IT troop when it comes to coding. That kid was probably staying up at 4am every night in Palo Alto or Pasadena smoking weed and coding apps and video game mods with his buddies for the past 6 years, instead of having to worry about dorm inspections and showing up at 0600 for squadron PT or something.

Definitely valid points and instead of championing the cause of the airmen versus video game coder, I’ll concede the point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/27/2019 at 7:34 AM, Shazaam said:

E's preach about the importance of a CCAF. I had a SNCO call another SNCO out for not having a CCAF. Go to Google and tell them you have your CCAF and you want them to hire you. I talked to the SNCO about the importance of leading and solving problems, but internally I kept feeling just like this in regard to the significance of a CCAF: 

 

tenor (2).gif

 

Considering it’s a requirement now for those said SNCO’s in order to be promoted to E-9, I’d say that’s a valid argument for its significance (to them).  Stupid requirement on the part of the AF in my personal opinion, but it is what it is. I was actually surprised when I submitted my CCAF transcripts (along with my first bachelor’s transcript) and saw how much credit I was given with the CCAF versus my other degree by my university that I am currently attending.  I’m a post-bacc student getting an EE degree.  I like to joke that I’m probably the only case of someone actually getting a tangible benefit outside of the AF of having the prestigious CCAF degree. 😂

Edited by Marco
spellingz is hurd...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...