Baseops Forums
Guest navobd

Promotion and PRF Information

boys...don't have "the list"

bad troll attempt. my apologies and good luck to all

Dang man, that’s messed up! I just logged in to see if anyone’s heard yet and was about to join the chorus looking for it! I’m at a civilian institution PhD program so I’m not liking my chances of actually getting notified before the list gets posted to mypers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Jetpilot said:

Question for the masses:  seeing as how low the chances are of getting promoted two below the zone are, what constitutes a 2BPZ record?  

Im curious because I have seen some non-exceptional officers make it while others have not. 

Lots of #1/xx, especially from senior raters.  Push lines for joint staff on several OPRs in a row.  DG out of commissioning source, SOS, ACSC, UPT/UNT, B-course, etc.  Exec time and/or a weapon school patch is usually required.

5 hours ago, BashiChuni said:

boys...don't have "the list"

bad troll attempt. my apologies and good luck to all

I hate you.gif

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Jetpilot said:

Question for the masses:  seeing as how low the chances are of getting promoted two below the zone are, what constitutes a 2BPZ record?  

Im curious because I have seen some non-exceptional officers make it while others have not. 

Take it FWIW.. my last two sq/ccs were 2bpz. Both 11Ms, 1 was a WIC guy, went straight to 4-star aid as a capt, then school, Jt staff, sq/cc.  The other catapulted to wing exec as a mid-capt, off to acsc, sq/do, saass, jt staff, sq/cc.  they are both btz to O6 as well.  I'm sure a sprinkling of DGs and certainly #1/(insert largest number the SR can strat them against) highlight each line on their PRFs.

5 hours ago, olevelo said:

Dang man, that’s messed up! I just logged in to see if anyone’s heard yet and was about to join the chorus looking for it! I’m at a civilian institution PhD program so I’m not liking my chances of actually getting notified before the list gets posted to mypers!

it was funny until about the 20th PM asking for the list...then i felt shame 😕

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, MDDieselPilot said:

Also, motion to ban anyone and and any names that share the same IP who give out false info.

Seconded, aye

giphy.webp

Also, motion to ban anyone and and any names that share the same IP who give out false info.

Motion to ban those who type and twice next to each other.
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Guardian said:

second the the motion.

must be a side effect of sitting within earshot of a civilian who stutters badly and tries to talk over people.  his voice will forever haunt me.

On 9/8/2018 at 10:04 AM, ruckerstud said:

Along the lines of up or out going away, is anyone hearing anything about why this board is at the CJCS? Is it like the last Majors board where they are promoting a bunch of APZ guys. One the upside, at least I can laugh that I will be gettting my notification for the next board and my results from this board the same week.

Last several years it has been because they are not promoting joint dudes at the same rate as their in-service peers...i.e., officers on JS should have the same rate as HAF officers.  Usually it's a one or two person deficiency (i.e., if you only have 20 people in the category, 1 person makes a 5% difference).  However, it speaks to either the quality of folks we send to joint jobs, or the fact that they are left hanging when it comes to a push for promotion.

Apparently the rated shortage isn’t as bad as they make it seem. And we only need Majors.

2 hours ago, Weezer said:

However, it speaks to either the quality of folks we send to joint jobs, or the fact that they are left hanging when it comes to a push for promotion.

What?  No...never.  I mean, I've heard Col+'s talk about how that's outside the AF and outside the career field and looks bad.

6 hours ago, Guardian said:

Well, shit.

3 hours ago, MDDieselPilot said:

Well I just got the call from my O6.. that reserve job is looking even better for the home team.

Same here. Looking at reserve and ANG openings. Everybody is telling me to push through the last 4.5 years but I don’t know if I can sit in some back office, in some job nobody cares about, that doesn’t have any meaningful work to do just to collect a paycheck.

I don’t want to have to PCS 1-2 more times to sit in jobs I have no motivation to do and, frankly, don’t care about just to retire at 20.

As far as my push line went (for anybody interested in comparing), I had 2 WG/CC strats (both top 35%), Sq/CC and SDE push. I also had the magic C on my other bullets. My first 8 OPRs didn’t have any strats in them but my last 6 have. The strangest thing to me is that on my O-4 PRF I was a DP and my records have improved since then.

oh well. Good luck to everyone else.

35 minutes ago, 14N Guy said:

Same here. Looking at reserve and ANG openings. Everybody is telling me to push through the last 4.5 years but I don’t know if I can sit in some back office, in some job nobody cares about, that doesn’t have any meaningful work to do just to collect a paycheck.

I don’t want to have to PCS 1-2 more times to sit in jobs I have no motivation to do and, frankly, don’t care about just to retire at 20.

As far as my push line went (for anybody interested in comparing), I had 2 WG/CC strats (both top 35%), Sq/CC and SDE push. I also had the magic C on my other bullets. My first 8 OPRs didn’t have any strats in them but my last 6 have. The strangest thing to me is that on my O-4 PRF I was a DP and my records have improved since then.

oh well. Good luck to everyone else.

Not my place to offer advice, but...

That check of the month club is not something to just write off with 4.5 left.  Hurts now; pays off for a lifetime later (been there, done that).

Not ever a 14N, however, there are lots of either meaningful and/or personally rewarding niche jobs out there for 14Ns.  Worked with 'em lots - Green door stuff, three-letter agencies, etc. that The Man has to fill but doesn't care about.  Get in there or somewhere like that, do a good job, and your post-AF career will take care of itself.  The clearance(s) and contacts are worth $$.  Don't just toss 'em.

This isn't about The Man anymore; this is about you and your family and what is best for them.

If you have post-AF plans/dreams, by all means, disregard all.

If not, set yourself up now for doing well after hanging up the uniform.  Big Blue doesn't care now and won't then.  

Hang tough; it's not personal (however much it feels that way), just numbers on a excel somewhere.

Edited by brickhistory
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, brickhistory said:

Not my place to offer advice, but...

That check of the month club is not something to just write off with 4.5 left.  Hurts now; pays off for a lifetime later (been there, done that).

Not ever a 14N, however, there are lots of either meaningful and/or personally rewarding niche jobs out there for 14Ns.  Worked with 'em lots - Green door stuff, three-letter agencies, etc. that The Man has to fill but doesn't care about.  Get in there or somewhere like that, do a good job, and your post-AF career will take care of itself.  The clearance(s) and contacts are worth $$.  Don't just toss 'em.

This isn't about The Man anymore; this is about you and your family and what is best for them.

If you have post-AF plans/dreams, by all means, disregard all.

If not, set yourself up now for doing well after hanging up the uniform.  Big Blue doesn't care now and won't then.  

Hang tough; it's not personal (however much it feels that way), just numbers on a excel somewhere.

All excellent points.

I think most of it is me being a queepy little b**** right now.

• Haha 1

I'm right there with you man.  Expecting my second rejection on Tuesday.  Hoping it isn't as painful as the first time around but sure it's still going to be a kick square to the junk all the same.  Hopefully they're offering continuation.  Since that first rejection and post stages of grief, it's been liberating to no longer chase after that next "must do this for promotion" job though. I'll always do what needs to be done to not let down my unit or Bros but I can focus on doing stuff that's more meaningful to me and prep for life post USAF.  It's also fun speaking ones mind with little fear of pissing off the boss, cause what's he gonna do, not promote me?  Best of luck in figuring it all out though, it's never easy.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, soupafly06 said:

I'm right there with you man.  Expecting my second rejection on Tuesday.  Hoping it isn't as painful as the first time around but sure it's still going to be a kick square to the junk all the same.  Hopefully they're offering continuation.  Since that first rejection and post stages of grief, it's been liberating to no longer chase after that next "must do this for promotion" job though. I'll always do what needs to be done to not let down my unit or Bros but I can focus on doing stuff that's more meaningful to me and prep for life post USAF.  It's also fun speaking ones mind with little fear of pissing off the boss, cause what's he gonna do, not promote me?  Best of luck in figuring it all out though, it's never easy.

Right there with ya.  I might have an “I’m going to the airlines! Freedom!” party this Wednesday. 

Praying they thoroughly jack it up and deny me continuation too.

• Like 2

Any details on any of you getting passed over?  P?  DP?  I'm a 4 APZ with a DP.. 

Based on last year you have a pretty good shot with a DP.

7 minutes ago, ThreeHoler said:

Based on last year you have a pretty good shot with a DP.

I think it was 96%?  Either way...