Guest navobd

Promotion and PRF Information

I say we meet for Duck’s separation party and let a super drinkoff tournament ensue until no one remembers who won and we have a good time.

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, HeloDude said:

"Irrelevant"?  That's BS--according to US Code:

"(3)

Notwithstanding paragraphs (1) and (2), an officer discharged under any provision of chapter 36 of this title for twice failing of selection for promotion to the next higher grade is not entitled to separation pay under this section if either (or both) of those failures of selection for promotion was by the action of a selection board to which the officer submitted a request in writing not to be selected for promotion or who otherwise directly caused his nonselection through written communication to the Board under section 614(b) of this title."

So it's up to the AF to make that decision, but what leads to the separation is definitely not "irrelevant".

I am pretty ignorant as to how the end process works, so I'll default to your knowledge on the process and if you read my earlier post, I agreed that it is up to the AF to figure out their own process.  But when making a purchase and the cashier gives me back more money than I think is warranted, I at least ask the question as to whether or not the amount is correct...if the cashier responds yes, then I say ok and take the additional money.

I'm aware of the stipulations, I'm passed over, declined continuation and separated without pay.

People were roasting Duck because he asked if he was going to get IVSP and a few people went with "you're trying to quit and get paid on the way out."

When the AF decides how he was passed over this board, they will decide if he gets paid. If he does get paid, the involuntarily separated narrative above will stand. That's what I was trying to point out... people were getting on Duck like he was going to file a travel voucher under false pretenses which is not how the process works.

And so far, the grass is significantly greener on the other side.

Edited by xaarman
made less snarky, first beers on me at Duck's separation party

Hate to break up the fun.  But does anyone know of a location of the list.  I would like to know my line number.  

vMPF tomorrow will have your line number.

People were roasting Duck because he asked if he was going to get IVSP and a few people went with "you're trying to quit and get paid on the way out."

Wrong. Duck has since cleared up the situation by owning the fact that he could have been more clear.

His initial post about it, however, leads one to believe exactly what you are saying he wasn't asking.

He owned it, why are you still defending something he's not fighting?

7 hours ago, Duck said:

You were totally baited into this because Broke kept posting passive aggressive attacks on me and deleting them, prompting other bros on here to smell blood in the water and start to swarm.

First off, I didn't delete anything.

Second, I didn't accuse you of anything. I asked you a question to clarify a point and then made two if/then statements. 

9 hours ago, Guardian said:

Because you assume he knows for sure that he isn’t eligible. Even when he tells you straight up he doesn’t know. How is that fraud? People like you who make all encompassing assumptions of what’s wrong with the process are part of what’s wrong with the AF. Keep it up. You’ll go far by today’s general standards.

Bahahaha! 

I just saw this. I chose to comment on the thread because I am one of the relatively few people on here who has actually been nonselected to major (4 times!) and met a selective continuation board. So no, I'm not going far in today's Air Force. But never pass up an opportunity to use the "you're what's wrong with the Air Force" line. Its a pretty reliable way to get up voted. 

Also, your "people like you who make all encompassing assumptions" comment made me think of Star Wars, so thanks for that. 

mu3ZX2M.jpg

Edited by Broke
Found a better picture.

I don’t get it... 

I think that’s a good thing. I don’t either.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Broke said:

Bahahaha! 

I just saw this. I chose to comment on the thread because I am one of the relatively few people on here who has actually been nonselected to major (4 times!) and met a selective continuation board. So no, I'm not going far in today's Air Force. But never pass up an opportunity to use the "you're what's wrong with the Air Force" line. Its a pretty reliable way to get up voted. 

Also, your "people like you who make all encompassing assumptions" comment made me think of Star Wars, so thanks for that. 

mu3ZX2M.jpg

I'm cyber...you're a fucking dork.

• Like 4
  • Haha 6
  • Upvote 1

Can I change the subject? The next time we all hang out, I'll take the grenade for the team since I'm a great wingman.

I was taught here from you guys knowledge from way back when the board usually gets it right. I had someone walk into my Wing Snacko office (next to the soft drink machine) to tell me the Gp Exec told this individual they got promoted. 

Under my breath, I said to myself the AF is fuc.d! A bunch of toxic officers and Execs will be running the AF into the ground soon enough. I guess not being a Flt/CC doesn't matter anymore either. Even if you are the squadron piss monitor you will be promoted. Or how about we play spin the rank for the next board to determine who gets promoted?

Rant complete.

I'm cyber...you're a ing dork.

You must be cyber. I can’t cuss in this forum without being censored. I’m in awe.

Did they post the stats yet?

2 hours ago, Duck said:

Did they post the stats yet?

Yup.  It's out on RAW.  Labeled as 17B (it'll open to 17D once the spreadsheet pops up).

• Like 1

On 6/19/2018 at 1:29 PM, Guardian said:

I say we meet for Duck’s separation party and let a super drinkoff tournament ensue until no one remembers who won and we have a good time.

Let us know the day and time of said party.  I probably won't be there but there's a $50-spot on the GoFundMe for it.  Crowdsource it if that's a more palatable term.  Either way, I'd like to contribute.

Promotion parties in my Guard unit are seemingly non-existent so I'm all for a de-promotion party.

• Like 1

Can anyone confirm the PRF light is being turned back on for the next majors board? I'm talking P0418D I believe. My Wing is telling us to write them. The PRF cookie monster returns.

30 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Can anyone confirm the PRF light is being turned back on for the next majors board? I'm talking P0418D I believe. My Wing is telling us to write them. The PRF cookie monster returns.

Hard to say. Wings told the last group to write them as well.

30 minutes ago, pawnman said:

I say, have them written!  Why pass up an opportunity to churn out more queep as an exercise in true AF leadership.  I have found that squadron/group/wing execs and CSS personnel are far too focused on things like flying, personal lives, and spending time with their families.  They need the PRF practice.

Then, after the PRFs are completed by every management level, burn them to the ground. Maybe we should instead just trust the wing commanders.  PRFs are unnecessary waste, and our top managers can use some bullets saying they saved man hours, even though said man hours have already been spent on the burned PRFs.  Screw it. Engineer the bullets for our time-saving overlords anyway and earn them another star!

Then, the board can completely disregard the wing commanders. Damn. Those PRFs would have been useful since we now have to sift through thousands of records because we have decided that a faceless board of bureaucrats is a vastly better entity to judge an officer than a silly local commander.  In any case, since we burned the PRFs and don’t trust commanders, we have to review the records for 6-9 stimulating months.  But hey - extra queep for management!  Im convinced this practice queep makes us a more lethal Air Force. Everyone wins!

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, pawnman said:

The order to not write PRFs on the last board came after all the PRFs were at the group level.

PRFs should have four lines for the senior rater to fill out.

1.  This candidate meets all eligibility requirements for promotion.  YES/NO  (no requires mandatory comment)

2.  I have reviewed this candidates record and found no derogatory information.  YES/NO (no is mandatory comment)

3.  Strat.  My #______/________ for this board.

4.  DP/P/DNP

Everything else the PRF communicates is already captured in the promotion record.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3