Promotion and PRF Information

Guest e3racing

1 hour ago, aggiecadet03 said:

Why am I so sure the Air Force is going to some how screw up this 100% promotion?  

They already did with a 6+ month coordination and release fiasco because they decided to second guess the SRs.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bennynova said:

Yes.  Any APZ guys will pin on first

All first month increment guys will still be in the same order for their Lt Col board if they make it.   And so forth.   

Is it ever not DOR?

So now I know why the AF never updated the Status of Promotion Boards... They blamed OSD just a week ago for being the cause of the delay, even though it made it through the whole OSD process in 17 working days (they shoot for 18). The AF then proceeded to sit on the results for an additional month before doing anything. I found out yesterday that the reason for this last holdup was "MAJCOM Commander Action" at CORONA. No clue what that means, and I have never even heard of this before, but this was the reason for the last holdup.

The delay was a pain but as long as they stick to the original plan of 100% as long as you didn't have any negative remarks I'm ok with it. No one from this group can pin on before September 1st anyway.  

I would be surprised if it’s 100% (w/no negative indicators). I think the AF put the cart before the horse and is now working on the optics when they end up pushing out another 95% selection rate board. They could have saved face by not running their mouths and talking about a 100% board, but they just couldn’t help themselves. Just a feeling, it will be interesting to see the stats.

So how are they going to decide line numbers now that everybody is the same? The way the O-3 board worked is that DOR was the deciding factor. If so does that mean that all of the APZ guys will be pinning on first?

Line numbers always come from date of rank of previous rank, then some other orders that I can’t ever keep straight, such as USAFA class rank and last four. “Ranking” off the board has never been part of it.

How can they possible do that.  The board for every one with out a negative indicator was blind(Blank PRFs) so did they even rank those packages.  If they didn't them the can't possible promote 95% of that group.  

The PRF was blank. Your OPRs, TRs, and decs were visible.

3 hours ago, aggiecadet03 said:

The delay was a pain but as long as they stick to the original plan of 100% as long as you didn't have any negative remarks I'm ok with it. No one from this group can pin on before September 1st anyway.  

I heard directly from one of the recorders for the board at AFPC that this was not the case. You had a 100% promotion opportunity (which has always been the case so I don't know why leadership started using this) but not everyone will get promoted even if you had no negative indications. I predict this is going to backfire spectacularly in leadership's face, based on how they sold this, when people get notified they were passed over. I can see the Air Force times headlines now: "100% promotion rate to major, does not mean 100%", "Top Air Force Leadership lied about promotion rates" etc.

51 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

I heard directly from one of the recorders for the board at AFPC that this was not the case. You had a 100% promotion opportunity (which has always been the case so I don't know why leadership started using this) but not everyone will get promoted even if you had no negative indications. I predict this is going to backfire spectacularly in leadership's face, based on how they sold this, when people get notified they were passed over. I can see the Air Force times headlines now: "100% promotion rate to major, does not mean 100%", "Top Air Force Leadership lied about promotion rates" etc.

So... why did we not just include the PRFs that everybody had already written anyways?

• Like 1

He explained that they set up an actual promotion board and ran the board through Full PRFs, one line PRFs and no PRFs. The end result was almost identical promotion rates regardless of format, therefore they decided to can PRFs since they had almost no effect on the promotion and save everyone's time. The fact that people still wrote them is indicative of probably the biggest issue we have in the AF, which is middle management going rogue and not listening to HAF and thereby wasting peoples time.

Edited by Fuzz

PRFs were written because it was required and this change in policy didn't come down the pipe until after the were all requires up to the group level.  Wht promote a 100% promotion due to numbers if they did not intend to add to the end total of promotees?

• Like 2

PRFs were written because it was required and this change in policy didn't come down the pipe until after the were all requires up to the group level.  Wht promote a 100% promotion due to numbers if they did not intend to add to the end total of promotees?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, aggiecadet03 said:

Wh[y] promote a 100% promotion due to numbers if they did not intend to add to the end total of promotees?

Great question, one I'm sure leadership will have to answer for here in a couple days when people get the results.

should the list be at the squadron CC level now?

That is all dependent on the wing and how fast they distribute results.