Baseops Forums
Guest navobd

Promotion and PRF Information

I’m showing an as met under prda as well for this board.

That's messed up. There's a process to separate people for medical reasons, the MEB. The promotion board is not the place to separate people for medical reasons.

True, but to play devil's advocate here, I'm sitting on a couple of individuals waiting on an MEB who should be separated without medical retirement. They are milking the system, and on the civilian side worker's comp investigators would nail these people for fraud. Unfortunately, the DoD is an easy target for people "hurt in the line of duty". Don't want to throw the baby out with the bath water, but my recent exposure to the dirtbags makes me wonder just how many people are getting disability money, or were medically retired who don't deserve it. Again, believe me, I get what this job does to the body, but some (lots) people take advantage.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, slackline said:

True, but to play devil's advocate here, I'm sitting on a couple of individuals waiting on an MEB who should be separated without medical retirement. They are milking the system, and on the civilian side worker's comp investigators would nail these people for fraud. Unfortunately, the DoD is an easy target for people "hurt in the line of duty". Don't want to throw the baby out with the bath water, but my recent exposure to the dirtbags makes me wonder just how many people are getting disability money, or were medically retired who don't deserve it. Again, believe me, I get what this job does to the body, but some (lots) people take advantage.

Yes exactly. I agree w you 110%

Two separate issues.

If they are below average/don't meet (non medical) standards, they should be separated based on job performance. Any service related injuries would be dealt with through the VA.

If they can't meet job performance standards due to medical reasons, well, the MEB should decide if they are good to keep serving and in what capacity, or to medical retire or separate them.

If the air force wants to separate people who are medically non deployable but otherwise meets standards, those people should be separated via an MEB, not by ignoring their performance and putting them on the bottom of the rack and stack based solely on a limiting medical condition.
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Weezer said:

As of EOM Feb 2018, per AFPC's RAW site, there were 2,395 active duty line captains who hadn't been somehow considered for a board before (there were 69 2009YG captains showing "selected" and 3 showing once deferred...not sure how that happens).  Looking at years groups above, there appear to be about 283 APZ LAF Capts.  So, that looks like a total of about 2,478 I/APZ LAF Capts.

Just got word from a friend that the promotion list for 09 Maj board will be sent to senior raters tomorrow.  Promotion release will be 19 June.  

Edited by Chromedome
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Chromedome said:

Just got word from a friend that the promotion lost for 09 Maj board will be sent to senior raters tomorrow.  Promotion release will be 19 June.  

2 weeks ahead of release? that normal?

Yes. It has been sent out on the high side in the past to “protect” it but it always gets out. ~Ten business days is standard for every set of O-4 results I’ve seen the past few years.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chromedome said:

Just got word from a friend that the promotion list for 09 Maj board will be sent to senior raters tomorrow.  Promotion release will be 19 June.  

So if senior raters get the list tomorrow is it common for them to notify folks? 

35 minutes ago, dream big said:

So if senior raters get the list tomorrow is it common for them to notify folks? 

No, not common

It's the time period to draft letters, etc.   the group/CCs will be asking for the results, but most cases won't get it till 4 days prior to public release.   Notification varies

So time to make friends with the wing exec huh?

• Like 2

Yes. It has been sent out on the high side in the past to “protect” it but it always gets out. ~Ten business days is standard for every set of O-4 results I’ve seen the past few years.

Do the wings only get their list or do they get the full deal?

If they can't meet job performance standards due to medical reasons, well, the MEB should decide if they are good to keep serving and in what capacity, or to medical retire or separate them.

Gee, thanks. I hadn't thought about that...
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Duck said:

Do the wings only get their list or do they get the full deal?

The MPF gets the full list and sends it to DP shops.    Sometimes either MPF or DP will filter results.... but not usually.   Wing kings usually get full list/pdsms 

Alright, who’s on the Wing Staff around here who is gonna look my name up for me tomorrow?

• Like 1

Just talked to Promotions at AFPC. The rumor is true, the CY-17D list is going to be pushed out to Wings later today. (At worst early tomorrow). Suspect a 19 June release.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Duck said:

Just talked to Promotions at AFPC. The rumor is true, the CY-17D list is going to be pushed out to Wings later today. (At worst early tomorrow). Suspect a 19 June release.

Thanks for confirming that. Now did you ask them why they took so long to get this out? Or why didn’t they do a better job of communicating the delays? (Insert eye roll emoji here ahaha) but thanks. I know you are ready to get on with this as I suspect most of us are. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Duck said:

Congratulations on your selection to Major!

• Haha 3

One of you savages posted the rumor on the portal page, and even referenced baseops.net, so I guess they deleted all the comments.

What a wonderful day.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, 17D_guy said:

One of you savages posted the rumor on the portal page, and even referenced baseops.net, so I guess they deleted all the comments.

What a wonderful day.

First rule of BODN is you don't talk about BODN

The second rule is you don't talk about BODN

Don't need the unwashed masses here.

Edited by LookieRookie

I’m guessing the list didn’t get pushed today. AFPC said late today or early tomorrow.

• Sad 1

I hate all of you.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5