Jump to content
Guest navobd

Promotion and PRF Information

Recommended Posts

 
I just got my IPZ  LtCol PRF with the P checked  and weak  DP push line.   I didn't even know what a weak push line looked like (hence my first visit to baseops in years) so thanks to those who shared that info.
ThreeHoler and FourFans are spot on here, at least the way I see it.
I just wonder when big blue will stop pretending with all of this - we need pilots but we're still passing dudes over because they were pilots.  I am not bitter, seriously- I have had my chess game going for a long time.  highly recommend that to future operators! 
 
 


Sorry man, best I can guess with a decent P push is that you and I are still in the same boat. Damn shame, I don’t physically think I could have done any more to earn a DP. So if you think similarly you and I have nothing to be disappointed about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for that.  I'm good, I knew how it would play out even though I reserved a small amount of hope that someone would value my flying creds/and even non flying leadership stuff over queep.  But, it is what it is. 

I would be appalled if you're not promoted from what you've shared - completely sucks you have to stress about it until they announce results............I just can't see how you won't be promoted from that info tho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been there done that. Skitzo will probably get promoted and Recut won’t. Unless the boards have changed that drastically in 3-4 years. A weak push is the kiss of death.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup.  my push mentions nothing of commanding.  Wonder why we play these games though when there's the "command track" and other BS nonsense and operators on the other hand.   Why wait until now when I was never on the command track to tell me I'm not on the command track? 

Again, I am good and not bitter at all.  Dent to the ego but I knew where I stood as a captain, let alone at this board.  I've always been an operator and have never played "the game" so this is no surprise for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

False info about never playing the game from me.   I did the whole masters thing for the majors board back then and did ACSC (now for nothing)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Recut said:

Yup.  my push mentions nothing of commanding.  Wonder why we play these games though when there's the "command track" and other BS nonsense and operators on the other hand.   Why wait until now when I was never on the command track to tell me I'm not on the command track? 

Again, I am good and not bitter at all.  Dent to the ego but I knew where I stood as a captain, let alone at this board.  I've always been an operator and have never played "the game" so this is no surprise for me. 

an "operator".

lulz. love it.

you got your subdued c-17 SOL2 patches on or wat? get at me son

#C-17_Delta_Force

#Bitch_I_Operate

don't take it personally bro i'm a few whiskey's deep at 2 am....its all good

but for the record youre a pilot. Not. An. Operator. 

Nothing wrong with that. I’m a pilot too. Shots x69

Edited by BashiChuni
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok douchebag, I’m not trying to be cool. I entered this AF in the late 90s and by “operator” I meant pilot or operations vice pencil pusher. Punch yourself. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BashiChuni said:

an "operator".

lulz. love it.

you got your subdued c-17 SOL2 patches on or wat? get at me son

#C-17_Delta_Force

#Bitch_I_Operate

don't take it personally bro i'm a few whiskey's deep at 2 am....its all good

but for the record youre a pilot. Not. An. Operator. 

Nothing wrong with that. I’m a pilot too. Shots x69

How's life over there in the pilot group?  Because at my wing, we have an Operations Group.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bashi, what’s going on in your life man? You’ve been a negative Nancy for a while man.

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bashi, what’s going on in your life man? You’ve been a negative Nancy for a while man.

I’m guessing it’s the pre-op hormones they have him taking.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When talking about command pushes, is there a massive difference between saying “ready for command now” in the first half of the push, versus “Sq/CC next” in the second half?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ihtfp06 said:


I’m guessing it’s the pre-op hormones they have him taking.

I thought TriCare stopped paying for those? 

  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Duck said:

Bashi, what’s going on in your life man? You’ve been a negative Nancy for a while man.

Stressed out about making major I guess

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it’s funny Bashi talks like a 12 year old playing Call is Duty whilst drunk.

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, matmacwc said:

I think it’s funny Bashi talks like a 12 year old playing Call is Duty fortnite whilst drunk.

fify

its the rage among all millennials.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stressed out about making major I guess

You’re gonna be okay man. I mean by the time you hit your Majors board, it will be back to 85%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lord Ratner said:
15 hours ago, Duck said:
Bashi, what’s going on in your life man? You’ve been a negative Nancy for a while man.

But in an awkward, PYB way...

don't put that evil on me...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But uh, back to the lecture at hand...

 

13 hours ago, olevelo said:

When talking about command pushes, is there a massive difference between saying “ready for command now” in the first half of the push, versus “Sq/CC next” in the second half?

At face value, no.  In reality, it depends...

It depends on your WG/CC and how he racks and stacks you.  If you get a DP from the boss, you're golden, regardless what the push is.  If you get a solid strat coupled to that push, you should be ok.  If there's no strat, no DP, no "super P" a la "if I had one more DP to give", and the push is "Sq/CC next"...it's up to the board to decide where they want you.

As I said before, a 10/20 strat sometimes isn't enough when it's balanced against a weak command push, or visa versa.  Take 5 DPs out of the that pool of 20 and the 10/20 is really 5/15, which is a clean kill, right?  But a weak command push can sink that ship.  Likewise, a dude that's a functional alcoholic or has multiple Q-3s and gets no strat, but gets a strong "command now" push because he's personally liked for what he's done recently for leadership, and gets promoted.

Unfortunately, it all depends on what the current flavor of the week.  It could be that all the WG/CC's decided to go with "Ready for command now!" and one outlier went with "Sq/CC next" and the board decides to weigh at it different.  It's opaque and impossible to read the middle of the pack unless you actually sit in the board.  That's why they never tell anyone who was on the board or why the decided the way they did.  (instead, a poor civilian gets to apologize to the runners up and take an educated stab at why they didn't make it)  

Perhaps that's just what integrity first looks like in an "I'm as good as you" society.

 

...Perfection is perfected, so I'ma let 'em understand...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Duck said:

Bashi, what’s going on in your life man? You’ve been a negative Nancy for a while man.

Duck, you clearly took that Green Dot training to heart. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, FourFans130 said:

 

Unfortunately, it all depends on what the current flavor of the week.  It could be that all the WG/CC's decided to go with "Ready for command now!" and one outlier went with "Sq/CC next" and the board decides to weigh at it different.  It's opaque and impossible to read the middle of the pack unless you actually sit in the board.  

So, this makes me wonder.  Does everyone that gets promoted to LtCol get a command push (whatever the flavor)?  Future commanders are the exception to the pack (at least in reality) so not everyone should get a command push.  Yes, party line says the AF promotes based on potential but few will actually command.  Any old heads that can weigh on this?  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes. The previously required items for promotion (from several former board members I personally know):

For a P: “definitely promote”, or even better “if I had one more DP” or the like; “ready for Sq/CC now” or very similar; HAF or higher staff; and SDE all in the push. A strat added to the push is also good. See Skitzo’s post for a good example.

Anything that deviates is negative.

For a DP: according to the CSAF/SECAF, only the SR’s choice of DP should matter; however, I know two people who were passed over with a DP because board members felt their record didn’t warrant a DP and the SR was trying to get someone promoted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×