Guest navobd

Promotion and PRF Information

4 hours ago, di1630 said:

Yep, dudes in reality about your 6 year point you should be able to take stock of your future in the USAF by what type of strats/push you are getting/have gotten.

Even then there's a lack of feedback to allow people to make informed decisions. 

Never strat'd below 2 in any assignment.  I rx'd a wing strat (5/380) at my last base at the 6 yr mark.  Come to staff (sold as a "good job to get in Ops community"), no strat on last OPR despite running (and being recognized for) several DoD level programs, and CGOTY for div, blah blah blah.  Not selected by recent DT for a leadership position which I'd openly been asked about by the Generals where I wanted to go.  

Absolutely zero feedback about OPR, or future.  Actually, that's not true, I was told first that "someone didn't take care of me" and then I didn't have enough high level strats, so it was inappropriate to get a NAF strat yet.

Motherfuckers think I'm inclined to have a "all others" kinda career, they're sorely mistaken.

5 hours ago, di1630 said:

Yep, dudes in reality about your 6 year point you should be able to take stock of your future in the USAF by what type of strats/push you are getting/have gotten.

It pains me to see dudes not realistic with their lack of push at that point and still think they have HPO potential. I see people volunteer for some truly sh-t jobs/deployments/TDY’s thinking it’s the boost they need but in reality they are working twice as hard for half the results.

I’ve seen a few buck the trend and get on the HPO track late but the personal cost was enormous.

This is my experience looking back over 15 years and seeing how peers and subordinates ended up in the long run vs indicators early on.

Isn’t that what the AF desires? A bunch of people trying to be the next CSAF regardless of everything else

Isn’t that what the AF desires? A bunch of people trying to be the next CSAF regardless of everything else

The best interest of the USAF is to have everyone slugging it out giving 169% because they think they have a shot at being the MFWIC someday.

It works in a lot of cases. I know guys who have been repeatedly denied entry onto the HPO track yet they keep begging for their beatings.

Imagine if OPR’s were honest...dudes would be jumping ship even more often when they realize they aren’t going anywhere early on.

Even then there's a lack of feedback to allow people to make informed decisions. 
Never strat'd below 2 in any assignment.  I rx'd a wing strat (5/380) at my last base at the 6 yr mark.  Come to staff (sold as a "good job to get in Ops community"), no strat on last OPR despite running (and being recognized for) several DoD level programs, and CGOTY for div, blah blah blah.  Not selected by recent DT for a leadership position which I'd openly been asked about by the Generals where I wanted to go.  
Absolutely zero feedback about OPR, or future.  Actually, that's not true, I was told first that "someone didn't take care of me" and then I didn't have enough high level strats, so it was inappropriate to get a NAF strat yet.
Motherers think I'm inclined to have a "all others" kinda career, they're sorely mistaken.

What will we do without you?
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sqwatch said:

What will we do without you?

Keeping on.  What's it going to do without all these pilots?  Already offered my AFSC a bonus because retention sucks.

Point was about the lack of feedback.

11 hours ago, 17D_guy said:

Motherfuckers think I'm inclined to have a "all others" kinda career, they're sorely mistaken.

What's an all others kinda career?

27 minutes ago, Steve C said:

What's an all others kinda career?

It's when you're not one of the chosen, but you haven't realized that the only winning move is not to play.

• Upvote 1

Imagine if OPR’s were honest...dudes would be jumping ship even more often when they realize they aren’t going anywhere early on.

Not unlikely but the cure for that is to officially end golden boy / favored son programs / positions (exec and other such suckling jobs) and have the first 6 years or so of everyone’s careers be direct duties performance appraisal with leadership potential only judged around the 8 year point.

O-3 and below should be / is focused on operational proficiency / tactical leadership.
That has a strong rated view to it as other non rated officers primary function is leadership from the get go but that again leads to separate ratings / promotions for rated and non rated to address that.
  • Upvote 5