Guest navobd

Promotion and PRF Information

It wouldn’t surprise me if they went through the whole scoring exercise just to get the O-6’s some training on the process. Instead of streamlining it to save time and effort...

1 hour ago, MooseAg03 said:

It wouldn’t surprise me if they went through the whole scoring exercise just to get the O-6’s some training on the process. Instead of streamlining it to save time and effort...

What scoring exercise?  PRFs weren't submitted unless the member had a UIF or a DNP.  

8 hours ago, Duck said:

It’s been over 2 full work weeks since the 100% to O-4 board met. Mypers “status of promotion boards” was just updated today and it’s still not showing that board as having been concluded. I find that hard to believe since they essentially could just rubber stamp the whole board. Wonder what the holdup is? You don’t think they are actually looking at the records of the people we are putting up for promotion? Cuz that would just be silly.

I haven’t found that page to be updated in a timely manner.

• Like 1

What scoring exercise?  PRFs weren't submitted unless the member had a UIF or a DNP.  

Oh yeah, I forgot that part. Who knows what they did and/or are doing.

I haven’t found that page to be updated in a timely manner.

Absolutely. The page is near worthless, and they rarely update it. However they did update it just a couple days ago and it still shows the O-4 board as having not concluded yet...

I assume it’s true, which makes me wonder if they are sifting through trying to find the unlucky 200 or so people to pass-over (all without a PRF). They made it clear it wasn’t a 100% rate, just a 100% OPPORTUNITY. LOL

Thanks guys. I’m an inspiration to all, that you don’t have to be smart, good looking or talented to get here. Hell, you don’t even have to work hard.

Thanks guys. I’m an inspiration to all, that you don’t have to be smart, good looking or talented to get here. Hell, you don’t even have to work hard.

Wait...you work duck? I don’t think I could ever find you when I needed to!

Cheers!
  • Like 1

Wait...you work duck? I don’t think I could ever find you when I needed to!

Cheers!

That was always by design brother.

On 12/20/2017 at 3:24 PM, MooseAg03 said:

Heck that’s what our Wing King did (let’s have everyone complete the PRF process for “practice.”)

most wings were ON TIME with their PRF deliverables that by the time the 100% was announced, all PRFs had been submitted by squadrons and groups and were already processed through DP and the wing front offices.    This go round saved no time at the worker bee levels

the board met from dec 3-14, not too surprised they didn't update Mpers on the 18th/19th.    

Not sure what they needed 2 weeks for either, as they don't have PRFs for 98% of the folks and they aren't selecting for school.   Perhaps they are doing a complete look at the passed over and determining what to do with them.   They may have spent 3 entire days on duck's trying to figure out the mess he made ;)

i think we we are going to start see the Col and Lt Col rates go up as well.  We are low on Cols, only way to fix that is through rapid promotion to include more BPZ.  Just my opinion though, but many Cols just selected for Gp and Wg command are opting out for retirement.  

Oh, and CONGRATS, major select Duck!!!  It's a 100% certainty (well, 100% opportunity) that you "made it"    I hope for your sake that you didn't though.   But assuming you are selected for promotion, what is your way forward now?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bennynova said:

most wings were ON TIME with their PRF deliverables that by the time the 100% was announced, all PRFs had been submitted by squadrons and groups and were already processed through DP and the wing front offices.    This go round saved no time at the worker bee levels

Not sure what they needed 2 weeks for either, as they don't have PRFs for 98% of the folks and they aren't selecting for school.   Perhaps they are doing a complete look at the passed over and determining what to do with them.   

Concur with all this.  Had mine done and to the front office for rack/stack in line with normal AF bureaucracy timelines: Grp 2 months early + Wing 2 months early = on time.  RUMINT - had a local leader sit on the board and that's what was mentioned as well.  ALL records were reviewed for each member. 

9 hours ago, bennynova said:

i think we we are going to start see the Col and Lt Col rates go up as well.  We are low on Cols, only way to fix that is through rapid promotion to include more BPZ.  Just my opinion though, but many Cols just selected for Gp and Wg command are opting out for retirement.  

This is happening more and more in Cyber as well.  We've seen a ton of LtCol's/Col just bounce.  Once guy in the run for much higher rank punched as a 1-star (family issues), same for a Col offered a Wing.  Former Sq CC just made O6, frocked 6 months early and she said she was very non-competitive from a historical Comm/Cyber perspective.  Our promotion rates are discussed as awful overall compared to the rest of the AF and historically.  I have no proof of it, however a former CSAF mentioned it on a "listening tour."

So the question of retention for us, doubly so with a very high proportion of prior-E's, is do you want to stick around and hope all that gets corrected?  Doubtful, we're now seeing more Intel take over cyber Ops spots and we've got a MAF guy (not hating) slotted to CC one of our Ops Sq's.  That's not even considering how bad Big Blue FUCKED the enterprise from about 2009 until last year.

38 minutes ago, bennynova said:

I think next CSAF is Robinson.... female and Cyber.   

Probably time for both honestly...

She’s an ABM, weapon officer, and well liked.

41 minutes ago, bennynova said:

I think next CSAF is Robinson.... female and Cyber.   

Probably time for both honestly...

Is this based on certain qualifications and leadership aspects or is it based on the SJW (social justice warrior) need to advance women regardless of qualification into leadership positions? There is an important difference...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lord Ratner said:
32 minutes ago, Guardian said:

Wow. Just wow.

Let's face it, the pilots can't hack it

Extremely sweeping and ignorant statement. That’s like saying cops can’t hack not killing innocent people so EMTs should step up.  

• Like 1

Extremely sweeping and ignorant statement. That’s like saying cops can’t hack not killing innocent people so EMTs should step up.  
Not really. Law enforcement in America is still working. We are not on track for a massive degradation in police operations. Can the same be said for the Air Force?

Just because your commander is a "good dude" who "gets it" doesn't mean he or she is qualified to run a massive organization.

I get what you're saying, but the evidence is not on the pilots' side.

Also, your analogy would be more accurate if you were saying the mayor of the city should be a cop, which in most cases is not true, or necessary for a city to have an effective police force.

Maybe she's more space than cyber.  Sorry.  Anyhow, both space and cyber need help.   I could see her becoming next CSAF for that.    I don't have an opinion on her one way or another.    

Maybe she's more space than cyber.  Sorry.  Anyhow, both space and cyber need help.   I could see her becoming next CSAF for that.    I don't have an opinion on her one way or another.    

And the Air Force at large would benefit how?

3 minutes ago, Guardian said:

And the Air Force at large would benefit how?

How was Skeletor good for the service at large?

• Like 1