Promotion and PRF Information

Guest e3racing

Well, so much for “re-vitalizing the squadrons.”  An unidentified active duty Airlift Wing in Texas’s Wing Commander is still making 09 guys submit PRFs.  My exec bros are in on the weekend to edit the PRFs before his deadline...

He also has a new policy of limiting flying bullets on OPR to two per OPR, even for LTs.  What in the actual F@&$?  

I have to admit I have tried to be optimistic about these new changes, but for those of you who are beyond the point of reproach by the Air Force (Duck), you aren’t wrong.  There are deep rooted cultural issues in the Air Force and the one that upsets me the most is the lack of focus on getting metal in the sky and obsession with OPRs, records and careerism.  :bash:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, dream big said:

Well, so much for “re-vitalizing the squadrons.”  An unidentified active duty Airlift Wing in Texas’s Wing Commander is still making 09 guys submit PRFs.  My exec bros are in on the weekend to edit the PRFs before his deadline...

He also has a new policy of limiting flying bullets on OPR to two per OPR, even for LTs.  What in the actual F@&$?  

I have to admit I have tried to be optimistic about these new changes, but for those of you who are beyond the point of reproach by the Air Force (Duck), you aren’t wrong.  There are deep rooted cultural issues in the Air Force and the one that upsets me the most is the lack of focus on getting metal in the sky and obsession with OPRs, records and careerism.  :bash:

Goldfein should fire this guy on the spot for insubordination. 

Only that type of drastic action will move the needle. 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, dream big said:

So, your primary job is flying...but you can only list 2 bullets for it? Even in today’s AF, this is a huge WTF. My last OPR only had 2 bullets that weren’t flying related. If the CSAF has any resolve whatsoever he would fire this guy ASAP 

The first thing I always think of from his Sq/CC days was how much he liked to berate people for walking on his grass. There's about a two foot wide berm between the parking lot and the road in front of the squadron that everybody always walks over because it's a much more direct route than going all the way down to the sidewalk. His office on the second floor overlooked this whole scene perfectly, and he would allegedly spend his days peering down into the parking lot looking for violators. Over the years, many well-meaning dudes and dudettes were summoned into his office and dressed down at attention, most of whom were brand new LTs on their first day in the squadron who didn't recognize the importance of walking around said grass. It always rubbed me the wrong way that their first ten minutes in the "real Air Force," having finally made it through UPT and everything else, was spent getting bitched out by that guy. What a way to welcome somebody to the squadron...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, mcbush said:

The first thing I always think of from his Sq/CC days was how much he liked to berate people for walking on his grass. There's about a two foot wide berm between the parking lot and the road in front of the squadron that everybody always walks over because it's a much more direct route than going all the way down to the sidewalk. His office on the second floor overlooked this whole scene perfectly, and he would allegedly spend his days peering down into the parking lot looking for violators. Over the years, many well-meaning dudes and dudettes were summoned into his office and dressed down at attention, most of whom were brand new LTs on their first day in the squadron who didn't recognize the importance of walking around said grass. It always rubbed me the wrong way that their first ten minutes in the "real Air Force," having finally made it through UPT and everything else, was spent getting bitched out by that guy. What a way to welcome somebody to the squadron...

When I heard some douche was yelling at people for this, it made me start going out of my way to walk on any grass I could find. Glad to finally put a name with my rebellion!

On 9/23/2017 at 2:34 PM, dream big said:

Just send it to JQP, he'll write it up and it'll ruffle some feathers enough something might happen.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Azimuth said:

With that gap between his teeth he looks more like a used car salesman in central Texas.

http://www.dyess.af.mil/Library/Biographies/Display/Article/830836/colonel-stephen-l-hodge/

A career C-17 guy making dumb shit policies in other AMC MDS’s? Standard.

Info note:

The link goes to the correct bio, but the link has the name of the previous 317th CC, who was by all rights awesome.  Important distinction as it sounds like this guy couldn't be any further from Haji.

Truly a shame.  A few short years ago, Dyess was the place to be for a true Herk driver and a true hub of innovation.

With all of the SM platforms out there (JQP, Reddit, various "Mentoring" forums on FB), hopefully this shit policy gets some negative attention because it directly contradicts SECAF and CSAF's guidance in making the boards "100%" in order to give people back their time. 

Edited by Champ Kind

2 hours ago, Champ Kind said:

Info note:

The link goes to the correct bio, but the link has the name of the previous 317th CC, who was by all rights awesome.  Important distinction as it sounds like this guy couldn't be any further from Haji.

Truly a shame.  A few short years ago, Dyess was the place to be for a true Herk driver and a true hub of innovation.

With all of the SM platforms out there (JQP, Reddit, various "Mentoring" forums on FB), hopefully this shit policy gets some negative attention because it directly contradicts SECAF and CSAF's guidance in making the boards "100%" in order to give people back their time. 

Consider it done.

AEC05C0D-EF6B-4E63-9E81-F0F893D8BA5E.jpeg

E75616DA-49EC-4D03-ABD1-591419C580FC.jpeg

• Upvote 4

Am I the only person that is saddened by the fact that social media and public shaming are pretty much the only ways to get the 4-stars to address toxic AF management?

Yeah the IG system is broken and you can't trust anyone to do the right thing anymore. 

What a shit show.

This comment is better reserved for What's wrong with the AF thread.

• Upvote 1