Promotion and PRF Information

Guest e3racing

I think 2x passed over is your IPZ look and 1xAPZ look. Not sure what they will call it when they change to the 5 total looks...Maybe something like, "I'm on my X look for promotion"?

This is correct. Your 1 APZ after your IPZ is considered “twice passed” over. For those in that unfortunate class, you should find out immediately from your CC is continuation is being offered. However, with the new 5 year look, I’m not familiar with how that actually will work…
  • Like 1

O-5 board updated.

Public release established as 23 Jun. I would assume notifications were supposed to start tomorrow and will get going in earnest on Monday. 

Edit: The results will be released 90~ days from the date the board adjourned (23 March to 23 June). I Don't think I have seen an O-5 board move that fast in 5 years I have been meeting them.

Edited by 14N Guy
  • Like 1

On 6/10/2021 at 1:56 PM, 14N Guy said:

O-5 Board update: Reported into USD on 4 Jun.

If it follows the last boards timeline (13 working days from USD (P&R) to public release), that would mean:

DepSecDef: 4 or 7 Jun

Public Release: 23 Jun (Wednesday)

So notifications out between 18-22 June (that is a Friday to Tuesday)? Not sure when the list is sent to the Wings...If that timeline follows, should be next week, right?

Sorry, no morale slide for this step-brief.

*Note...I have no idea if it will follow the same timeline, but it looks like we should definitely know before the 4th of July weekend. Also, feel free to check my work/math in public, probably missed something.

Just bumping my own assessment #nailedit

*I did miss the DepSecDef date, which was 8 Jun

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bender said:

Tomorrow’s a Federal Holiday? I did not get that memo...

~Bendy

POTUS signed Juneteenth into law as a federal holiday that falls on 19 June. Since that is a Saturday, OPM announced that it will be observed Friday, 18 June.

Edited by 14N Guy
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Got the call today - no go as a X APZ bubba.  Not shocked (last year also not picked up even with clean record and a 2-Star DP...!).  I was never shown this year's PRF - honestly didn't care at the time because it's not like there'd be a chance in hell after the non-select with that DP.  BUT.... just looked at it off PRDA and guess what....ANOTHER DP from a CCMD J3.  W.  T.  F.  is  going on here

Edited by VariEze
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, VariEze said:

Got the call today - no go as a X IPZ bubba.  Not shocked (last year also not picked up even with clean record and a 2-Star DP...!).  I was never shown this year's PRF - honestly didn't care at the time because it's not like there'd be a chance in hell after the non-select with that DP.  BUT.... just looked at it off PRDA and guess what....ANOTHER DP from a CCMD J3.  W.  T.  F.  is  going on here

Sorry man, that’s rough. Gotta ask, any trouble in your past? DUI, etc? 

Sorry man, that’s rough. Gotta ask, any trouble in your past? DUI, etc? 

Nope. IDE complete, Masters done, interagency work, Jt assignments, strats. Problem is I’m a broke flyer not racking up the air medals and flt-related tick marks any more. I’ve never heard of TWO GO-lvl DPs with no pick-up for someone w/no checkered past. And I heard they had to do more of a non-select counseling or digging if the DP came from a General Officer and board didn’t heed his push. Is that true?

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

Nope. IDE complete, Masters done, interagency work, Jt assignments, strats. Problem is I’m a broke flyer not racking up the air medals and flt-related tick marks any more. I’ve never heard of TWO GO-lvl DPs with no pick-up for someone w/no checkered past. And I heard they had to do more of a non-select counseling or digging if the DP came from a General Officer and board didn’t heed his push. Is that true?

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

What category did you compete in? LAF-A was 100% for IPZ with a DP and IDE complete last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found out I was not selected.

DP from the MLR as a 4x APZ. Board went against a BG(s) recommendation. 

It is a relief to know that I only have 24 months left in service. I am looking forward to finding an employer that actually wants me as part of the team and putting all my Air Force stuff in a box and forgetting about it.

Best of luck to those still waiting to hear!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, 14N Guy said:

Found out I was not selected.

DP from the MLR as a 4x APZ. Board went against a BG(s) recommendation. 

It is a relief to know that I only have 24 months left in service. I am looking forward to finding an employer that actually wants me as part of the team and putting all my Air Force stuff in a box and forgetting about it.

Best of luck to those still waiting to hear!

Me as well.  WTF is the point of the board being directed, "You shall not consider # of APZ looks or Year Group....and here's a DP, Airman - congrats" then a big "GFY' from the board.  Seriously?!  Also looking fwd to forgetting about this downward spiral of a career choice.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, CaptainMorgan said:

What category did you compete in? LAF-A was 100% for IPZ with a DP and IDE complete last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mis-typed in my frustration - "IPZ" should read "APZ". 

• Like 1

Just now, VariEze said:

Me as well.  WTF is the point of the board being directed, "You shall not consider # of APZ looks or Year Group....and here's a DP, Airman - congrats" then a big "GFY' from the board.  Seriously?!  Also looking fwd to forgetting about this downward spiral of a career choice.

I agree that it is head scratching to not get selected after an MLR has already boarded your records. Last year (at least for my board), every single DP was selected for promotion.

I do wish we would get a better explanation of the thought process behind scoring records than, “Well, sometimes it happens.”

• Like 1

The answer ID 50695 (board results) appears to indicate they are still using twice passed over for continuation.  When do you get official word if it’s offered?  This is my first board, but comparison of the guys that were unfortunately not selected, I don’t stand a chance. 

TIA

41 minutes ago, Nodeskjobs said:

The answer ID 50695 (board results) appears to indicate they are still using twice passed over for continuation.  When do you get official word if it’s offered?  This is my first board, but comparison of the guys that were unfortunately not selected, I don’t stand a chance. 

TIA

I wouldn’t use any of us (if that’s what you are doing) as an indicator of you getting selected/not selected.

I fully believe I didn’t get picked up for personal reasons, not professional reasons.

Edit- to answer your question, I received an email saying I was selected for continuation and to talk with my Group leadership about the next steps. I signed the paperwork in my Gp/CD’s office a few days later. 

You should get the option of continuing to 20 or 24 years, but it isn’t an ADSC, just an option. I chose the 24 years but I am getting out in 24 months.

Edited by 14N Guy