Promotion and PRF Information

Guest e3racing

9 hours ago, General Chang said:

It is another way to get an “across the board” unofficial stratification early in your career (first vector as Major-select).  Ensures we keep our bottom of the barrel-scrapping officers from being considered for joint jobs (can only go one up & one down).  Also serves to start delineating who truly has the potential to become an HPO.  Learn the system, folks!

He’s back! YES!!!

2 hours ago, celtic020 said:

Also got picked up.  Definitely relieved....the 20 and out plan remains unchanged.  

Congrats!  Same story for me, although after telling me I was picked up my CC said “I know you had a grand plan but making rank tends to change things.”  Not for me...still putting my family first and still getting out at 20.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Runr6730 said:

Congrats!  Same story for me, although after telling me I was picked up my CC said “I know you had a grand plan but making rank tends to change things.”  Not for me...still putting my family first and still getting out at 20.

This gave me a good laugh....I went into O-5 thinking responsibility would increase. I’ve not had less responsibilities since I was a captain. Being off the command track as an O-5 is magical. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Heard I didn’t make it.   1/1 IPZ, #2/6 Majors (behind a Lt Col (s)).  I think that’s what did me In?  With a P    IDE complete in 2017

i had 5 oprs as a major and stratted as a major in 4 of them

#1/4 Majors deployed and #6/25 Majors

#22/150 Majors

#7/160 Majors

no strat

#3/7 Majors

lots of FGOY and FGOQ awards

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, bennynova said:

Heard I didn’t make it.   1/1 IPZ, #2/6 Majors (behind a Lt Col (s)).  I think that’s what did me In?  With a P    IDE complete in 2017

i had 5 oprs as a major and stratted as a major in 4 of them

#1/4 Majors deployed and #6/25 Majors

#22/150 Majors

#7/160 Majors

no strat

#3/7 Majors

lots of FGOY and FGOQ awards

I don't know how you got passed over with those strats.

Edited by pawnman

15 minutes ago, CaptainMorgan said:

Anyone know if it’s possible to Palace Chase a bonus commitment? I took the bonus expecting to either make it or be passed over IPZ and 1APZ and be a free agent, but with the new system I guess I have four more IPZ “No’s” awaiting me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FWIW, I took the bonus to 20 then got passed over. I then tried palace chasing before I was twice passed over as I wasn’t sure if I would be offered continuation and was denied palace chase due to low manning in my career field. I could be wrong but you may still be able to deny continuation and get out. I’d definitely verify that with AFPC if you end up getting passed over twice but if you do nothing the continuation paperwork should spell out everything.  That was 2 years ago so YMMV depending on your MDS manning, etc. 

FWIW, I took the bonus to 20 then got passed over. I then tried palace chasing before I was twice passed over as I wasn’t sure if I would be offered continuation and was denied palace chase due to low manning in my career field. I could be wrong but you may still be able to deny continuation and get out. I’d definitely verify that with AFPC if you end up getting passed over twice but if you do nothing the continuation paperwork should spell out everything.  That was 2 years ago so YMMV depending on your MDS manning, etc. 

Yeah, the issue is with the new promotion system. This was my first of five IPZ looks. I won’t be APZ until I’m at 18+ years.

1 hour ago, CaptainMorgan said:

Yeah, the issue is with the new promotion system. This was my first of five IPZ looks. I won’t be APZ until I’m at 18+ years.

5 year buckets aren't yet instituted, ask AFPC/A1...as far as I know continuation and twice passed over are still "things"...my data is from this week

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Swizzle said:

5 year buckets aren't yet instituted, ask AFPC/A1...as far as I know continuation and twice passed over are still "things"...my data is from this week

That’s my understanding as well. They are looking into it and if they want to do it they will institute it in 2022/2023 from the email I received. 

1 hour ago, bennynova said:

How is everyone getting notified?

phone call?   Video call?  In person?

I already know my results (thank you to the grapevine), but my leadership has not contacted me in anyway to give me the same info. So about what I am used to!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 14N Guy said:

I already know my results (thank you to the grapevine), but my leadership has not contacted me in anyway to give me the same info. So about what I am used to!

Haven't scrolled back through to check so I hope I'm not intruding here but if you know you didn't get selected and your "leadership" allows you to check the list tomorrow and not see your name, then that is an epic failure and pisses me off.  Too much of that going around in today's Air Force.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, celtic020 said:

Haven't scrolled back through to check so I hope I'm not intruding here but if you know you didn't get selected and your "leadership" allows you to check the list tomorrow and not see your name, then that is an epic failure and pisses me off.  Too much of that going around in today's Air Force.  

Well, I'm 3APZ and we half been at reduced manning where I am, so I'm not even sure what days our O-6 is in. Still, lots of time left in the day, so we will see what happens. I'm not too upset with it. I'm more upset with a promotion system that doesn't give feedback to folks (outside of "maybe next year!") but still expects people to run the race as hard as possible in the hopes of something positive happening.

If the AF is going to make changes to the promotion system, make full-measures that are truly meaningful. Not half-measures that may, or may not, get implemented. /getsoffsoapbox