Promotion and PRF Information

Guest e3racing

3 hours ago, brawnie said:

Let’s be honest, though. It’s pretty true. I know 2 people that did not promote in the same case with a DP.

A few  people have been promoted to O5 without ACSC and without a DP so it is possible.  

32 people were promoted last year that did not have IDE and just received a promote on their PRF.

and 28 people were promoted last year that did have a DP but no IDE. 

The results this year may be different due to the different buckets people now fall under, however i expect that across the board you will probably have at least 50 people that get promoted without IDE. 

Screen Shot 2020-09-24 at 7.09.15 PM.png

9 hours ago, BKANO said:

A few  people have been promoted to O5 without ACSC and without a DP so it is possible.  

32 people were promoted last year that did not have IDE and just received a promote on their PRF.

and 28 people were promoted last year that did have a DP but no IDE. 

The results this year may be different due to the different buckets people now fall under, however i expect that across the board you will probably have at least 50 people that get promoted without IDE. 

Screen Shot 2020-09-24 at 7.09.15 PM.png

Something to consider about these numbers is that anyone who is currently attending in-res IDE but who hasn't completed ACSC via correspondence will show up in the "No IDE" category. Their OPB will show "Select" until they graduate to let the board know that the person is a student and didn't blow it off. I suspect that a majority of the no IDE promotees were third look to school and either didn't do correspondence because they were a select off the board or just rolled the dice on getting picked up. I'm not saying that some of these people didn't do IDE at all, but I don't think that its as common as it would appear on the surface. 

Edited by BigWing
Spelling

46 minutes ago, BigWing said:

Something to consider about these numbers is that anyone who is currently attending in-res IDE but who hasn't completed ACSC via correspondence will show up in the "No IDE" category. Their OPB will show "Select" until they graduate to let the board know that the person is a student and didn't blow it off. I suspect that a majority of the no IDE promotees were third look to school and either didn't do correspondence because they were a select off the board or just rolled the dice on getting picked up. I'm not saying that some of these people didn't do IDE at all, but I don't think that its as common as it would appear on the surface. 

Bingo.  Also, student records go to school MLR while attending in-res, so there are a lot of P's awarded there to folks who are IPZ while attending IDE in res.  I'd bet that subset comprises the majority, if not all, of the "No IDE with a P" that still got promoted.  

Just now, bennynova said:

Absolutely NO one IPZ is at IDE in res when they meet their board.

3rd look is 2 to 3 years before your IPZ O5 board 

Not true. I’m third look at IDE right now and will meet the next Lt Col board off the student MLR with my NO PRF.

Absolutely NO one IPZ is at IDE in res when they meet their board.

3rd look is 2 to 3 years before your IPZ O5 board 
Nope. I went to IDE third look in AY20 and my IPZ board met May of my student year. Currently waiting on results.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

So just looking at the board status again (no update since 24 Sept), but it says it takes 18 work days to report into OSD, which would put that date at 5 Oct. looking at the other boards, the public release date was anywhere from 2-4 weeks after that date. Is it possible the results might not released until the 3rd week of October, at the earliest? or will they try to get them out sooner then that?

42 minutes ago, 14N Guy said:

So just looking at the board status again (no update since 24 Sept), but it says it takes 18 work days to report into OSD, which would put that date at 5 Oct. looking at the other boards, the public release date was anywhere from 2-4 weeks after that date. Is it possible the results might not released until the 3rd week of October, at the earliest? or will they try to get them out sooner then that?

Based on how 2020 is going, I would expect the release to be 4 November...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 14N Guy said:

Principal Deputy Under Secretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness (P&R) is the approval authority for all promotion and special selection boards and the Secretary of Defense is the release authority for all promotion and special selection board.  So the list is officially coordinated and APPROVED.   The wait time now "should" NOT be until 3rd week of October as DEPSECDEF will coordinate with AFPC to release the results, probably next Thursday or the following Thursday (this is simply my guess.  Hoping for next week.  

• Upvote 1

Principal Deputy Under Secretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness (P&R) is the approval authority for all promotion and special selection boards and the Secretary of Defense is the release authority for all promotion and special selection board.  So the list is officially coordinated and APPROVED.   The wait time now "should" NOT be until 3rd week of October as DEPSECDEF will coordinate with AFPC to release the results, probably next Thursday or the following Thursday (this is simply my guess.  Hoping for next week.  
I'm putting my chip for board release bingo on Tuesday, 6 October.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BigWing said:

How anybody who knows a wing exec looks right now. 4286aca8ab19881771872a6c6ec566cd.jpg

Second this. I am at quite the off the beaten path assignment and doubt anyone in my current chain would notify me before  the public release. I would appreciate any DMs and in return I’ll upvote your posts so good you will look like a damn admin on this site.  🙂 

• Haha 2

APZ higher than usual, right? I was hoping that would be the case with the ~90% opportunity that some of the love would be spread to the APZ group since some of them would be knocked out of the pool next year once the 5 year window format begins.

Just now, BigWing said:

APZ higher than usual, right? I was hoping that would be the case with the ~90% opportunity that some of the love would be spread to the APZ group since some of them would be knocked out of the pool next year once the 5 year window format begins.

It is higher than usual.  IIRC, APZ has historically been low single-digits.

• Like 1

It is higher than usual.  IIRC, APZ has historically been low single-digits.
Happy to see this then. I have a few friends who were floored last time around when they didn't make it. Surprised everyone when it happened so hopefully these numbers will right some of the past mistakes.

• Upvote 1